Transport from Rome (FCO) to port

SeasTheDay12

Last month we used Rome Airporter thrice, from the airport to our hotel, from our hotel to our cruise port and then after our cruise, from the cruise port to the airport. Each time, they had our driver waiting on time at the meeting points and the cars were clean, modern Mercedes Sedans. Marco from Rome Airporter sends you a quick confirmation and we always had to just pay cash to the driver at the end of the trip.

I had heard alot of good things about Rome Cabs, but I found Rome Airporter alot less expensive and having tried them thrice, I will safely use them again when I'm in Rome.

Nick

We also stayed at Hotel Traiano. We had an issue with the shuttle driver but finally got it worked out! My luggage was lost and we had to wait in line to report it missing at customer service. We still made it to the pick up point in the allotted wait time but the driver was no where to be found. I phoned the hotel and asked where he was only to be told the driver had left the airport because the other guests wanted to get on their way. When I pointed out we were still within the wait time, the hotel management was quite irritated with their driver and assured us he would return for us but we would have to wait another 2 hours for him to make the round trip again! When we were dropped off at the hotel (finally) there was quite a heated conversation between front desk and driver! Nice hotel and as a side note, my luggage did not show up until 7th day of our two week cruise. Surely changed the way we pack when we check two bags!

Just wondering if anyone has good recent experience with any of the car transfer companies? From the airport to port?

Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We also used Rome Cabs in June. Easy to book online. Quick response. Excellent service. Pay driver in Euros.