Nola in February?

familycruzer

I want a winter getaway and looking at a cruise out of Nola in February. Is the weather nice enough to sightsee? I don't need warm - I can get that on the cruise. I've never been there so thought I would take advantage of a few days prior to explore.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I love New Orleans and sailing down The Mississippi River.

Be careful when you are planning to go. Mardi Gras will end on Tuesday February 13, 2018. During Mardi Gras New Orleans will be crowded and expensive.

The weather should be warm days but chilly evenings. Lots of things to see and good places to eat, some very expensive but worth a once in a lifetime adventure.

As to weather, there are a few sites that give historical weather data. Weather.com and https://www.wunderground.com/

We always use them when planning a trip.

And, yes, take at least one night, a few is better. Lots of hotels in or near the French Quarter. Be warned, if there are any events going on at all, rooms are tight. Book soon even if you are not sure of dates. You can always (almost always) cancel at no charge.

As to weather, there are a few sites that give historical weather data. Weather.com and https://www.wunderground.com/

We always use them when planning a trip.

And, yes, take at least one night, a few is better. Lots of hotels in or near the French Quarter. Be warned, if there are any events going on at all, rooms are tight. Book soon even if you are not sure of dates. You can always (almost always) cancel at no charge.

Thinking 2 nights then a 7 night cruise then one night on our return before flying home.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

we were there the first week of january last year. it was unusually cold (40-50) and we were nto expecting that. but we found 2 nights was enough to see and do the highlights. we stayed in teh French Quarter (Autograph Hotel, a Marriott property) and were right on the trolley like. we were a block from Bourbon (a must) and maybe a 15 minute walk to the River and Cafe DuMonde (another must!). we went to several cemeteries and also toured the area with the old homes and mansions (garden district or somethign like that). Make sure your hotel tells you the areas to avoid after dark. For us, we felt this amount of time was good. we were ready to get on the ship. We did eat at Emeril's - very good, i had shrimp and grits for the first time ever adn it was good! Make a rezzie tho.

Mardi Gras parades start a few weeks prior to Fat Tuesday so do your research. Most week-ends something is going on in New Orleans. St Patricks day was fun too!

We take a cruise from NOLA every year. Great place to start your vacation:cool:

Yes go in February! Couple years ago i went and loved it. We did catch a big downpour at one of the parades and caught colds. but I would bring a rain jacket and umbrella just in case!

also check out Mothers! Nicest people on the planet in there!

I live in NOLA. I have been in shorts in February. I've also been seriously bundled up in February. The only predictable weather here is summer - hot and humid. If you're from "up North" i.e. above the Mason-Dixon Line ;), you will more than likely be just fine regardless. Please come - NOLA loves tourists. And here's a tip: go to GW Fins. The best seafood here.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 2 weeks later...

Be aware that the towns aling the gulf Coast from NOLA east to Gulfport all have Mardi Gras parades and schools have a holiday week one of the two weeks of Mardi Gras. Will be more kids onboard those weeks than other "school" times. Hotel prices will be crazy all through the area so book early if going during Mardi Gras.

Cherie