Solar Eclipse 8/21/17

cyntil8ing

I looked at the simulator using a Key West zip code....it will start at 1:25 EST and peak at 2:57. It will be an awesome event on a cruise ship.

In zip code 33040, you will see a partial solar eclipse.

The eclipse will peak at 2:56:57 pm EDT, when the moon obscures 71.3% of the sun.

My wife and I will be aboard the Pride sailing out of Baltimore on the 20th.. After tracking the past few cruises it looks like it will be right in the sweet spot a ways off the South Carolina coast for the event Monday afternoon. I'm betting there will be a whole bunch of sore necks by evening from everyone looking up :cool::cool::cool:;p;p;p

where did you get the solar glasses

Where I am at, they have them everywhere- walmart, grocery store. And I hear you can order online. But they are making the eclipse a BFD here- something about being right in the middle of the country and on the path. So in normal places, it might not be as easy to find.

We will be on the Magic' date=' at Amber Cove. I have purchased glasses via Amazon for out entire group as I wanted to make sure we were prepared. We will be docked at the time of the eclipse. Interesting that Carnival is planning something and excited to see what that something is![/quote']

We will be with you at Amber Cove on the Magic! I bought glasses from Rainbow Symphony, one of the vendors recommended by NASA (https://eclipse2017.nasa.gov/safety). Didn't know whether Carnival was going to do anything (RCL announced special events for the Oasis months ago), so I wanted to make sure we had the glasses.

Regardless of whether Carnival does something official or not, it will be a cool event!

dctravel

My wife and I will be aboard the Pride sailing out of Baltimore on the 20th.. After tracking the past few cruises it looks like it will be right in the sweet spot a ways off the South Carolina coast for the event Monday afternoon. I'm betting there will be a whole bunch of sore necks by evening from everyone looking up :cool::cool::cool:;p;p;p

We live in the last place it will be seen in the US... well where you can see the actual total Eclipse (100%). City of the Isle of Palms. After that it would be a ship or across the "pond"...

I bought the glasses through Groupon. We will be sitting on our dock in Lake Hartwell (South Carolina)... We will be enjoying the total solar eclipse without the need to travel anywhere (although I'd rather be on a ship enjoying it)! :-)

We live in the last place it will be seen in the US... well where you can see the actual total Eclipse (100%). City of the Isle of Palms. After that it would be a ship or across the "pond"...

I'm so jealous of you. I tried to book a room over the bridge in Mt. Pleasant. LOL, no go. Closest opening (not bedbug material) was an hour and a half away. Even Wentworth Mansion downtown is having a room and boat ride going on. My daughter thinks she can find a campground there, lol, good luck to her.

I'm so jealous of you. I tried to book a room over the bridge in Mt. Pleasant. LOL, no go. Closest opening (not bedbug material) was an hour and a half away. Even Wentworth Mansion downtown is having a room and boat ride going on. My daughter thinks she can find a campground there, lol, good luck to her.

If she is,military or you have a retired Military in the family the Air Force base in North Charleston has a campground, there is a KOA in Mt. Pleasant. If there were to pop up something on the island(s) it's going to pricey for sure... I have heard some neighbors considering putting up a room on airbnb or something like that, but for like $400+ a night, 3 nights required. That's the going rate on the island....