Prepaying gratuities

Bllybb758

Do you really think Carnival would risk "stealing" a few measly dollars out of the employee tip pool when it would put their entire corporation at economic risk of an easy to win civil suit.

Besides, informed sources have stated that Carnival posts ledgers of how the auto tips that are not removed by cruisers are distributed each week for their tipped employees.

First of all, I would not call it stealing. Carnival can distribute the money from the pool however it sees fit. The workers who participate in drawing from the pool are guaranteed a minimum. Amounts above minimum are distributed at company discretion and based on performance metrics. Did you really think workers were getting multiple 8% raises the last few years? Does this mean Carnival keeps some for themselves as revenue, or charges a "processing" charge? No, it does not. Does it mean they have the right to? Absolutely. They might be, they might not. It's their call. But if they do it's not stealing because contracts lay out what the worker can expect to receive as a baseline.

"Measly dollars". No such term known in the discretionary spend vacation industry.

For Carnival and Princess my Stewards both told me every crew member pays for their own lodging & receives free food/drink. The Gratuity prepaid or not is used only for Crew Accommodations. The entire system is merit based that is why the Outstanding Crew Cards are so important along with your review after the cruise. If you really want to ensure your employees are paid properly, prepay the Gratuity then leave $10-20 for your immediate Crew (steward head waiter bar tenders) when we return. This way all the staff gets my Tip, and I am happy that the Crew who cared for me daily is Tipped a bit extra.

Prepay is the only way to keep Gratuity off your Card during or after sailing. [emoji16]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I haven't pre paid this time (i did on my norweigan cruise in feb).

I was told, from a fellow cruiser, to ask them to remove tips and then just tip as i go along?

Can i do this? Should i do this?

Sent from my SM-G925F using Forums mobile app

I would not recommend doing this, as there are so many behind the scenes that are working for you that you will never be able to tip all who deserve it.

I know tips are built in to the cost of cruises in Australia are they not?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Well there is some dispute if they are built in or not, BUT they aren't added into your account anyway.

Hey guys this is my second is cruising I’m cruising in January. I was wondering if I should or should not prepay my gratuities. The reason why am asking if I should or shouldn’t I still tip the stewards and the people who do clean our room. So my question here is do those people that receive my $337 which is what it would be for my cruise. I would still be tipping them with the without the money.

They all get there cut.