Is a 11:55 flight out of MCO to early

Do self disembarkation, line up around 6:30-7:00. Pre-arrange shuttle for pickup around 8 (I have used Cortrans before, they are very reliable) and you should be in MCO by 8:45. Hopefully you are not flying SWA (I've seen their TSA line to be 1-1/2hr long). Get TSA Pre☑️ and you should be fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do self disembarkation, line up around 6:30-7:00. Pre-arrange shuttle for pickup around 8 (I have used Cortrans before, they are very reliable) and you should be in MCO by 8:45. Hopefully you are not flying SWA (I've seen their TSA line to be 1-1/2hr long). Get TSA Pre☑️ and you should be fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Southwest does not have their own TSA line at MCO. It's shared with several airlines, including Delta.

It can always be "iffy" with traffic on the Beachline. One bad accident will make that flight be close. Personally, I'd take a pm flight and take your time getting off ship. Enjoy breakfast and then depart.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I fly out of OIA almost every week and from experience it all depends on how busy it is at the time you arrive. Side A generally has the longest lines and can take 15 minutes to 1 hour to clear security. Side B is less busy and in general is 5 minutes to 30 minutes. If you have TSA precheck you can get through either side in about 10 minutes or less. Also keep in mind the lines to drop off your luggage can be anywhere from 5 minutes to 45 minutes depending on how many other people are flying your airline at the same time as you are.

Getting off the ship from room to car can take anywhere from 20 minutes to over an hour depending on how many port security people show up for work.

The drive from the port is about 1 hour assuming no accidents on the Beachline (528).

For me even with TSA precheck I like to be at the airport at least on hour ahead of time so I can be near the front of the line so overhead space will be available when I board which usually is 30 to 40 minutes before the scheduled departure time.

Without TSA precheck and with other uncertainties I would target 1.5 to 2 hours before your scheduled departure which would be 9:25 to 9:55 at the airport. Subtract 1 hour for the drive 8:25 and 1 hour to get off the ship and clear customs your 11:55 flight is doable but I would never do it. I would target around 1:30 then sit at the airport complaining how I could have made the earlier flight. If everything goes smooth and you get to the airport way early there is a mall and nice food court in the airport to wander around before your flight. Unfortunately they are before security but after you have dropped your luggage off.

For me the last thing I want on a cruise is worrying about if I will make a flight because of unknowns. I would rather waste an hour or two at the airport for the peace of mind on the cruise.

45 minute drive on a good day, delays on arrival (medical, weather, mechanical), delays in terminal with customs, security line back up at Orlando airport....etc...etc. Have seen them all. Not that it may not just go very flawless, but can you really be sure?

No way would I book that flight. Not worth the anxiety.

Thanks everyone, I think I will go with a later flight. Don't want to be stressed out wondering if we will make our flight in time

Excellent choice...for an excellent reason. ;)

Even RCI will state on your documents suggesting that you should avoid booking a flight before 1:00 pm.