Allure of the seas, crippled

If Allure was going to be out of commision for 5 months it would be on every major news outlet and RC stocks would be tanking heavy right now due to the enormous cost of having one of their biggest profit centers loosing money for that long. So unless Allure is not seaworthy she will be sailing at reduced speed and modified itineraries until they get her into dry dock. Even with reduced speed and modified itineraries I will have a blast with my Family on our cruise on her in October as its still a cruise, still a vacation, and Im still not at work!

Exactly. Amazing how everyone takes a mechanical issue and turns it into the end of the world and out of commission.

I'm on the September 3rd sailing and they have switched St Kitts with St Thomas. I called and was told that the "Executives" have decided not to compensate any passengers. I am traveling with a group who planned to visit their parent's burial site on St Kitts. We planned this Cruise one year out and will lose our entire fare if we rebook on another ship or sailing. I was told the ship will not be "fixed" till it's Jan 2018 dry dock. Very disappointed:(

I'm on the September 3rd sailing and they have switched St Kitts with St Thomas. I called and was told that the "Executives" have decided not to compensate any passengers. I am traveling with a group who planned to visit their parent's burial site on St Kitts. We planned this Cruise one year out and will lose our entire fare if we rebook on another ship or sailing. I was told the ship will not be "fixed" till it's Jan 2018 dry dock. Very disappointed:(

I am sorry you will not be able to have your visit in St. Kitts. However, we (as I am on the September 3rd sailing as well) have always been going to St. Thomas, instead of Wednesday it is now Thursday. We are going to San Juan, PR on Wednesday (the day were we supposed to go to St. Thomas) as the replacement for St. Kitts.

Not a lot of drydocks that can handle a ship the size of Allure. Don't know if the one in Grand Bahamas (Which RCCL has an ownership interest) is large enough. She may need to go to Europe. Maybe someone with more knowledge on this can pipe in.

Can I ride her to Europe on a nice slow 3 week cruise with food, dining, entertainment for $1000 for an Owners Suite? If so I'm in. Even a $200 Oceanview Cabin would be cool plus 21 points for my Crown and Anchor Account.

Unfortunately we were scheduled for the cruise that was cancelled. Not really giving us much of an option but to cancel. Almost all the cabins on other ships around that time are already booked. Even thought about going out of Galveston and since this was cancelled the Liberty went from over 300 cabins available yesterday to now a select few inside cabins. Looking at the Freedom but it leaves a day early and can't get the cabin we booked. We used our skymiles for our flight and either we use them or cancel and get nothing in return. Going to have to look at other cruise lines I guess.

Let me start off by saying I have been on numerous cruises lines, mostly on Royal where after my next cruise I will be a diamond and I am booked on Allure in October, a lot on Carnival (more in my younger years), been on Princess a few times, on Celebrity twice, and on Costa.

I personally feel that Royal is giving plenty of notice to their passengers of the week that is being cancelled. Mechanical things do break. This year we were booked on Celebrity Summit and that ship was having pretty much the same problem for a few months. They decided to cancel one week and part of the other week. I was booked on that full week. We were given only a two week notice and this was during Easter week. It was so hard to find something that was not outrageous in price.

We ended up booking on Norwegian Escape for a week. My husband has never been on Norwegian and I have only for a quick weekend cruise. I wanted to say we had a great time on Norwegian Escape and we felt like we were treated like VIPS. Everything about the cruise was awesome. On the three day weekend cruise, they treated my elderly mother so well it was so nice to see.

I have two more cruises booked on Norwegian for next year. Don't put down other cruise lines until you try them. However, a lot of times your cruise is what you make it out to be. I always try and have a positive out look on things and thank all those who serve me on a cruise, even those who are cleaning the bathrooms.

Always understand things do happen in life that we have no control over. Try to take a bad situation and turn it into a positive one. Not being able to go on a vacation that you have planned is very disappointing, believe I have been there. However, this is so minor compare to all what is happening in this world.

Keep your head up and a smile on your face.

So is this going to be a cofferdam-Bahama drydock or a European full ship out of water drydock?

If they are only cancelling one cruise, then it won't be going to Europe. As this drydocking is not required by statutory requirements, a "partial lift" as they did a few years ago would be fine.

We don't care what company we use as we have sailed several and are platinum on Carnival also. As long as Im on vacation it is fine but we have 10 cabins and airfare to rebook so its just not that easy.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Forums mobile app

Please don't think I was referring to you, I was just trying to show what happened to me and how it came out to be a good thing in disguise. Some people will only cruise one line, but I think it is always nice to try others.

I wish you best in finding a new cruise. By chance did you have insurance? I know I could have used mine if we lost any money even with the rebooking the flights.

I had the Jan 21, 2018 booked and received confirmation that it was cancelled. Have to find another cruise at same category level, also get $200 onboard credit and $300 per person for flight change fees. However it has been difficult to find a cruise with availabilty with same cabin category. Not impressed.

Just finished dining in coastal

Kitchen. And as we were dining we were passed by a carnival ship. Yup. Passed. Not 100% sure but thought it was one of the two docked with us in Cozumel. Wondering if it was " dream".

Made us look like we were in slow motion. Ship rocking pretty good from waves. No barf bags out.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Royal is offering additional onboard credit and flight change fees up to $200 does anyone know how the flight reimbursement works? I booked 2 one ways on 2 different airlines one using miles and the other using a partial airline credit. 2nd if it doesn't get used would any of the onboard credit be refundable

Royal is offering additional onboard credit and flight change fees up to $200 does anyone know how the flight reimbursement works? I booked 2 one ways on 2 different airlines one using miles and the other using a partial airline credit. 2nd if it doesn't get used would any of the onboard credit be refundable

You have to submit a receipt for the change fees to Royal to get reimbursed. They will only reimburse change fees, not any costs for increase in fares. OBC from Royal is usually not refundable.

You have to submit a receipt for the change fees to Royal to get reimbursed. They will only reimburse change fees, not any costs for increase in fares. OBC from Royal is usually not refundable.

So if it's cheaper to book 2 new flights then the change fee is that fine? Just send them the receipt?

So if it's cheaper to book 2 new flights then the change fee is that fine? Just send them the receipt?

I'm not sure I understand what you are asking. All I know is that they will only pay for the fee the airline charges to change your flight, but not for any difference in airfare.

Hello,

I am very new to this forum and I am very worried about our cruise.

We will be on Allure of the Seas on December 10th. Would our cruise be okay?

I am concerned because I want to book our flight in the next couple of days.

Thank you!!!