Allure of the seas, crippled

Thanks. I knew about the mechanical issue, I was just commenting on the inconsistency of the revised itineraries as I believe my times have changed since I booked in Feb 2017 on Indy. Maybe the islands moved? Either way, we will get there when we get there. More time to use the drink package!

It's appears to be a propeller and/or azipod issue which is slowing down the ship. RCI has changed all the Eastern Caribbean sailing through the end of the year so perhaps they believe the issue will be corrected by 4/1/2018. Or they are just waiting till after final payment to notify you.;)

I know they don't have to give you anything. That said we were on the Freedom a few years ago and our port times were shortened (forgot why) we received OBC. It was a very generous amount. We got $400 for a balcony cabin. I also don't recall how shortened they were.

Ken if you are reading this perhaps you recall??

Just got this from RCCL...

We are reaching out to let you know that, regrettably, we have to cancel our January 21, 2018 sailing onboard Allure of the Seas to allow for necessary service. We apologize for any inconvenience this causes since we will need to re-accommodate your reservation as a result of this cancellation.

We are reaching out to let you know that, regrettably, we have to cancel our January 21, 2018 sailing onboard Allure of the Seas to allow for necessary service. We apologize for any inconvenience this causes since we will need to re-accommodate your reservation as a result of this cancellation.

We r on the Jan 14 sailing. Hope it works out......

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Well that is interesting. The last time they had to pull Allure to fix a pod issue we were booked on the first sailing after the fix. It now appears that we are booked on the first sailing after this fix. I was nervous the last time that the ship would not be ready in time for our sailing and I guess I'll go through the same nerves this time.

Just checked the calendar. We have two week cushion this time.

We just contacted them. I was hung up on before I could get to the point. Great customer service! Staying with Carnival from now on. Understand the contract states they can do this, however making the change a day or two after final payments were made is really low. Glad we get to sail on a busted ship to a port that we don't even want to go to!

The January 21st sailing is showing sold out, so maybe they are going to be able to get it somewhere to be fixed. The January 28th sailing is still open to bookings.

Well that is interesting. The last time they had to pull Allure to fix a pod issue we were booked on the first sailing after the fix. It now appears that we are booked on the first sailing after this fix. I was nervous the last time that the ship would not be ready in time for our sailing and I guess I'll go through the same nerves this time.

I think you would do us all a public service if you would post your list of cruises planned. There seems to be a pattern here.;)

We just contacted them. I was hung up on before I could get to the point. Great customer service! Staying with Carnival from now on. Understand the contract states they can do this, however making the change a day or two after final payments were made is really low. Glad we get to sail on a busted ship to a port that we don't even want to go to!

Call back and ask to speak to the Resolutions Department. Sometimes they can do things that the people answering the regular line can't.

Good luck.

Understand disappointment but Carnival would and has done the same in past when ships have had problems. Over the yrs I've had at least 15 ports changed due to weather, ship issues and at least 5 times when a passenger was ill.

If I'm not mistaken, Carnival have 1 or may be 2 ships with the same type issues sailing at the moment, but I guess Carnivals Itinerary changes would be Ok with the OP;p

Two words - poop cruise.

Understand disappointment but Carnival would and has done the same in past when ships have had problems. Over the yrs I've had at least 15 ports changed due to weather, ship issues and at least 5 times when a passenger was ill.

Maybe you could do us all a favor and post your future itineraries also. :D

There is someone on the the Jan 21 cruise that has cruises booked before and after the 1/21/18 cruise. Basically Royal Caribbean is telling him to drive up to Port Canaveral, book the Oasis for two weeks, or stay in a hotel for a week.

As I read more and more about how Royal Caribbean is treating people, I am finding that my interest in booking with Royal Caribbean waning. And I am D+ on Royal Caribbean.

Ok. Trying to fin out what I am hearing on CC and lack of any confirmation on board about the problem listed above with change of ports.

Currently on the tv on itinerary map bridge camera we are halfway between caymans and Cozumel. Our speed is 12.8 kts. Do not know if that is normal speed or what.

Still due to arrive on time.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Just checked the calendar. We have two week cushion this time.

We were on the 1/21 cruise, and on the 1/28 cruise with you. Waiting to see if they cancel the 1/28 cruise before I cancel, for future benefits. Will cancel on 10/14 if RCI Has not yet cancelled the sailing. Cannot hurt to hang onto the booking. Will book another cruise line next week. H

I just read where it is a damaged propeller

https://www.******************.com/2017/08/17/allure-of-the-seas-slowed-propulsion-issue

So the big question is that of timing. I would assume that at least one sailing would be cancelled so that they could replace the propeller. If so, which week will be cancelled and when will we know? I sail June 10th.

I tried to respond earlier today, but signal up at camp is poor, and it didn't work. Cropping a bent or torn propeller is not an uncommon repair, though getting the balance right on a 5 blade propeller is a challenge. Since the blades are bolted on to the hub, they could replace the blades in an extended turn-around day, or remove them one port and install the new ones the next port. I'm a bit surprised that there isn't a spare set of blades in the fleet, with at least 3 ships using the same propeller design, plus they could "borrow" the ones from the Oasis4 (been known to have been done).

This seems to indicate that it is more than a bent or damaged propeller blade, and is more like an azipod thrust bearing failing in addition to the damaged blade. With a failing bearing, you can usually run for quite some time at reduced power, so they may be scheduling a docking to repair this when the propeller blades are ready.

This seems to indicate that it is more than a bent or damaged propeller blade, and is more like an azipod thrust bearing failing in addition to the damaged blade. With a failing bearing, you can usually run for quite some time at reduced power, so they may be scheduling a docking to repair this when the propeller blades are ready.

Has there ever been confirmation that there is a blade problem? It would be interesting to know if this is the same pod that had an issue the last time or if it is one of the other two.