NCL stop at Port Canavral

philpcruiser

We did the space center. The kids loved it(DD13, DS15). We cruised out of Port Canaveral last Feb. sailing out Saturday. We arrived late Thursday night(1am) got a car and drove from the airport to the hotel near the port. It took about 45 minutes with no traffic. I love all things Disney but we decided to go to Cape Canaveral since we go to Disney a lot and have been to Universal a few times.. I'm glad we went to the Kennedy Space center. You can get tickets ahead of time on line. we spent about 4 hours there and it was perfect and it is close to the port.

We were on the Gem a couple of months ago with the 1 - 9 port time at PC. Definitively not enough time to get your $$ worth at a theme park. We went to Cocoa Beach and wandered a while. A relaxing (almost boring) day.

I agree with your guess about arriving at the park at 2:30 (at best!). I'd wonder why the last bus leaves at 6:30? Assume it takes a little over an hour to get back to PC, why do they want you back on board 1.5 hours before sailing?

If you have ever been to PC terminal you will understand why they want the passengers back 1-1/2 hrs. prior to sailing! It is a larger terminal and it takes time to navigate it and go through the lines to get back on board and then you have the ship's check in procedure to go through as well. It all takes time to process everyone. If NCL was to wait until the last minute to have passengers returning to the port they would be late departing.

MARAPRINCE

We were on the Gem a couple of months ago with the 1 - 9 port time at PC. Definitively not enough time to get your $$ worth at a theme park. We went to Cocoa Beach and wandered a while. A relaxing (almost boring) day.

Do yourself a favor and take another excursion and have a leisurely day. WDW deserves much more time to enjoy it properly than you will get on a short shore excursion plus the cost involved. Again, I recommend taking a long weekend (non holiday) and stay in a hotel close to the parks which offer free transportation to and from the parks. Depending on the time of year, the parks may close early as well cutting short the time you will actually have on an NCL shore excursion. At some point you will also need to take time to eat at the parks further eating into your available time. If you do not want to be constantly looking at your watch, do yourself a favor and save the money for a trip to Disney. :D

MARAPRINCE

i recommend doing Cape Canaveral/Kennedy Space Center. we had a great, relaxing day there. I hadnt been in about 30 years and much had changed. i would think Disney is exhausting, its super expensive, and you dont get much time for rides.

As folks who are big fans of Disney and have been many times, I would not even think about going for that short of a time. A possible alternative would be to do one of the Disney water parks. You could probably do that justice in that period of time, but I agree with the others that the Space Center or just hit the beach would be a better option.

No it is not worth it. I am a Disney nut and a Dvc owner.

IMO the stops at port canaveral is a complete waste stop. Stay onboard enjoy ship quiet.

I would love to sail ncl out of ny if they had any imagination on the itineraries

Kerri

We are contemplating a cruise in the near future on an NCL ship (Escape) that makes a call at Port Canaveral. It docks at 1P, all aboard is 9P. I'm thinking at least 2-1/2 to 3 hours will be spent traveling, leaving only 5 hours available to enjoy the park(s). We were wondering if it pays to take the ride over to WDW (and pay $100+ each for admission) for only a few hours. Has anyone done the trip (PC to WDW)?

A few years ago we stopped there on the Gem. I think we were in port from 9am until 6pm. It was amusing seeing everyone who went to Disney come back. Usually everyone is Happy when they go to DW. Not the bus loads of these people. Everyone said they were to get on about 5 rides before they had to head back to the meeting place for the bus

I have taken the NCL excursion to Islands of Adventure and had more than enough time to see the whole park including the original Wizarding World. Keep in mind we were 4 adults and we go at the end of August when schools in the south are back in session. When leaving from the pier and from the park there are so many buses they fill up and leave very quickly practically no waiting.

Those of you that have done Kennedy space center did you do the ships excursion or go on your own? We're on the breakaway in November and trying to figure out the best way to do it.

i am also on the breakaway in November and planning on doing the ship excursion.