re meat pies

42 minutes ago, ilikeanswers said:

Tea smoked duck pie for lunch today😄. Went to a farmers market today and took home some fancy pies. Wagyu beef, smoked trout, roasted chicken and this gooey cheese pie.

You are in for a treat, enjoy.

45 minutes ago, ilikeanswers said:

Tea smoked duck pie for lunch today😄. Went to a farmers market today and took home some fancy pies. Wagyu beef, smoked trout, roasted chicken and this gooey cheese pie.

I hope you meant that all this wasn't in the same pie  Wagyu beef, smoked trout, roasted chicken and gooey cheese pie.......  lol

They all sound great.. but which one first   ...  Enjoy Don

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, getting older slowly said:

I hope you meant that all this wasn't in the same pie  Wagyu beef, smoked trout, roasted chicken and gooey cheese pie.......  lol

They all sound great.. but which one first   ...  Enjoy Don

Four course meal, no worries.

25 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

Today I couldn't resist buying NZ Griffin's Gingernuts - the ultimate dunker - the original. There were other Griffin's biscuits as well.  

The Griffins ones are much nicer than the Arnotts ones. 

Our local Woollies used to have an NZ foods section but since they rearranged it that section has disappeared. I've found them in a couple of other places though. I used to bring a stash back when we did NZ cruises.

Krispies are nice too but quite sweet. 

41 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Our local Woollies used to have an NZ foods section but since they rearranged it that section has disappeared. I've found them in a couple of other places though. I used to bring a stash back when we did NZ cruises.

Many of the foods sold here are manufactured in NZ, most of the Heinz stuff and the Watties baked beans are the best, I dont eat their tinned spag for obvious reasons. Much of the packet cereal sold here comes from South Korea, i.e. Kellogs, I remember when it was made at Hillsdale, near Pagewood, nsw, back about 40 or 50 yrs ago, my mother worked there.

Edited by NSWP

20 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Many of the foods sold here are manufactured in NZ, most of the Heinz stuff and the Watties baked beans are the best, I dont eat their tinned spag for obvious reasons. Much of the packet cereal sold here comes from South Korea, i.e. Kellogs, I remember when it was made at Hillsdale, near Pagewood, nsw, back about 40 or 50 yrs ago, my mother worked there.

Yes, I insist on Watties baked beans when we have them but tinned spaghetti is disgusting. I gave up eating it when I was about 12.

I like the NZ butter, just the Mainland one. It's a bit softer than Devondale. I noticed a new NZ butter in Woollies yesterday, Lewis Road. It's a bit pricey though.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Yes, I insist on Watties baked beans when we have them but tinned spaghetti is disgusting. I gave up eating it when I was about 12.

I like the NZ butter, just the Mainland one. It's a bit softer than Devondale. I noticed a new NZ butter in Woollies yesterday, Lewis Road. It's a bit pricey though.

I am a bit of a butter freak, have to try that Lewis Butter, thank you.th.jpg.984b2587aa963aac3c7d6b3bdcda1595.jpgremember the butter pat thread on Princess board?

2 minutes ago, NSWP said:

I am a bit of a butter freak, have to try that Lewis Butter, thank you.th.jpg.984b2587aa963aac3c7d6b3bdcda1595.jpgremember the butter pat thread on Princess board?

Oh Les     Not the  Butter   thread on the the Princess Board.........lol

What next the cracker  ""barrel"" chairs

Don

Edited by getting older slowly
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, getting older slowly said:

Oh Les     Not the  Butter   thread on the the Princess Board.........lol

What next the cracker  ""barrel"" chairs

Don

It could happen don, but not tonight, cooking my rump snake and having a cab sav.🍷

• Like 1

11 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

They were featured at the end of a row at IGA, so you might like to try your local IGA.  I'll have to buy another packet as they are tasty with a cup of tea.  I think they had Krispies.

I agree Watties are the best baked beans.  However I did buy some American baked beans, at half price at Woolies, which were delicious.  Guess they were too expensive for local market. 

10 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Lewis road is top end . An enclave of top farms producing premium products .. Their chocolate milk is to die for .

2 hours ago, Kiwi Kruzer said:

Lewis road is top end . An enclave of top farms producing premium products .. Their chocolate milk is to die for .

Looking forward to trying Lewis butter.  I like NZ ice-cream also.  I buy premium milk here, as it tastes so much better.

13 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

Red meat certainly, but as snake is rather chicken like in flavour and texture, a white wine is much better.

Doesn't everything taste like chicken............lol

The only thing which is a big no no is white wine with pizza..... it doesn't taste right....

Cheers Don