re meat pies

3 hours ago, NSWP said:

I am an IGA freak, supporting local businesses, we have 5 IGA's down here, within 30 minutes of me, Batehaven, Surf Beach, Malua Bay, Tomakin and Moruya.   I know you pay a little bit more, but they have specials on.  I have not been to Woollies, Coles or Aldi for a couple of months.   

Back on topic:  A good selection of pies too at IGA, Batehaven has hot pies,  hot chooks, hot chips, the whole business, they got it all, almost like Ronnies.

We are lucky to have a local IGA within walking distance.  IGA in Maleny had loyal local support against Woolies, as did IGA ? Buderim.  I recently noticed IGA in Maleny is still as popular as ever despite Woolies getting building approval there.  When you see the brands and variety of products they sell, you realise just what we've lost in food variety.  

3 hours ago, MMDown Under said:

We are lucky to have a local IGA within walking distance.  IGA in Maleny had loyal local support against Woolies, as did IGA ? Buderim.  I recently noticed IGA in Maleny is still as popular as ever despite Woolies getting building approval there.  When you see the brands and variety of products they sell, you realise just what we've lost in food variety.  

Yes, there was a huge stoush up there re the Woolworths DA at Maleny. We used to go to Mooloolaba sometimes and often drive up the top, Maleny, Montville etc. Saw the anti Woollies signs out, it went on for years.

34 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Yes, there was a huge stoush up there re the Woolworths DA at Maleny. We used to go to Mooloolaba sometimes and often drive up the top, Maleny, Montville etc. Saw the anti Woollies signs out, it went on for years.

Isn't that a beautiful drive along the Blackall Range?  Yes, objections in Maleny did go on for years.

1 hour ago, MMDown Under said:

Isn't that a beautiful drive along the Blackall Range?  Yes, objections in Maleny did go on for years.

Indeed, lovely area, done it a few times when my mother was alive and living at Tweed Heads, we had a week at the Goldie and a week at Mooloolaba, love it all. My grandaughter has secured a. Vet job on the Sunny coast, bit inland, so have an excuse to head up there again.

Edited by NSWP

On 9/18/2020 at 6:41 PM, NSWP said:

Indeed, lovely area, done it a few times when my mother was alive and living at Tweed Heads, we had a week at the Goldie and a week at Mooloolaba, love it all. My grandaughter has secured a. Vet job on the Sunny coast, bit inland, so have an excuse to head up there again.

Hope it is not too long before you can visit your granddaughter and other family in Qld.

3 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

Large (family size) chicken pie from ALDI for lunch well 1/2 of it anyway. Not a bad pie.

We usually have a packet of their small chicken and vegetable pies in the freezer, but gee this pie maker thing is handy for left overs, had a chicken yesterday, Maxy gets his share, there was just enough left to mix with about a cup of mixed veges add the cheese just like using a toasted sandwich maker, done.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GUT2407 said:

We usually have a packet of their small chicken and vegetable pies in the freezer, but gee this pie maker thing is handy for left overs, had a chicken yesterday, Maxy gets his share, there was just enough left to mix with about a cup of mixed veges add the cheese just like using a toasted sandwich maker, done.

I used to have one years ago in NZ. it was fun inventing fillings for it. I vaguely remember making one with salmon and rice. Must have had some sort of sauce to bind it though.

55 minutes ago, Blackduck59 said:

I milestone in my training to be an Oz certified meat pie eater.

I found a pie that would hold up to being eaten by hand after being warmed up

140662322_HandPie.thumb.jpg.a2dcb90453793a0d379790e273e83b72.jpg

Good positioning of the thumb under the base.

Certainly demonstrates potential.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Blackduck59 said:

I milestone in my training to be an Oz certified meat pie eater.

I found a pie that would hold up to being eaten by hand after being warmed up

140662322_HandPie.thumb.jpg.a2dcb90453793a0d379790e273e83b72.jpg

Interesting, what are the orange bits Lyle ? Carrot, pumpkin, Swede?  You did well to repel the gravy, not too runny I note. The pie did not deconstruct, due in part to the operational technique.    I like the glass of milk on the table, glad to see you eat and drink proper foods.

I would say you are are partly qualified. Certainly well into your apprenticeship as an OZ Certified Pie eater, but you cannot be fully qualified until you reach our shores and operate one of these

primary.jpg.2dbd24ce7e4640230846e1a331624924.jpg

Edited by NSWP

Roger that Les, the orange bits are carrots. The pie was very tasty, I will continue to practice here in Canada, I'm looking forward to getting back to the pies from Glenwood meats. They have firm crusts and it will be interesting to see how they hold up when heated.

Of course I won't be able to get certified until I mange to hand hold a hot, dog's eye with dead 'orse on it. Of course I will need a journeyman dog's eye consumer to sign off.

30 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Haven't have one of those for ages...... will have to go and get one  this week for lunch.......must have dead 'orse on it....

Nothing like  photos of food to get one going

Cheers Don

Edited by getting older slowly

3 hours ago, NSWP said:

Interesting, what are the orange bits Lyle ? Carrot, pumpkin, Swede?  You did well to repel the gravy, not too runny I note. The pie did not deconstruct, due in part to the operational technique.    I like the glass of milk on the table, glad to see you eat and drink proper foods.

I would say you are are partly qualified. Certainly well into your apprenticeship as an OZ Certified Pie eater, but you cannot be fully qualified until you reach our shores and operate one of these

Have to agree with the glass of milk. For some reason pies taste so much better when washed down with some moo juice.👍👍

3 hours ago, Blackduck59 said:

Roger that Les, the orange bits are carrots. The pie was very tasty, I will continue to practice here in Canada, I'm looking forward to getting back to the pies from Glenwood meats. They have firm crusts and it will be interesting to see how they hold up when heated.

Of course I won't be able to get certified until I mange to hand hold a hot, dog's eye with dead 'orse on it. Of course I will need a journeyman dog's eye consumer to sign off.

Top post Lyle, we might accelerate your pie eating certificate, by correspondence. Has to be approved by the pie supremos on here. There are plenty of them. You had better get some practical experience with the dead orse.504181843_th(1).jpg.939edba9650725299a26f3f799b79d66.jpg

Edited by NSWP