re meat pies

YOu realise

13 hours ago, Bowm54 said:

Really tragic news from Ireland tonight.1C00C76D-DA86-49DF-A48A-7F0F2C2E0DE7.jpeg.9a8a9933e8a8c1ed614426c6816b2407.jpeg

There has be an update : The pilot had been eating a meat pie prior to the crash  and investigators, are theorizing the possiblably , that some of  the hot contents from the pie had fallen into the pilot lap due to some turbulence. And thus making the pilot loose control of the plane.. 

Cheers Don

trying to link it back to pies....lol

• Like 1

4 hours ago, getting older slowly said:

YOu realise

There has be an update : The pilot had been eating a meat pie prior to the crash  and investigators, are theorizing the possiblably , that some of  the hot contents from the pie had fallen into the pilot lap due to some turbulence. And thus making the pilot loose control of the plane.. 

Cheers Don

trying to link it back to pies....lol

The pilot should not have consumed that 14th pint of Guinness to wash down the dogs eyes Don.

Edited by NSWP
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, NSWP said:

The pilot should not have consumed that 14th pint of Guinness to wash down the dogs eyes Don.

Ahhhhh.... that would explain the latest update.... the pilot was in fact found in the back seat of the plane.... and that he had inadvertently drop his pie onto the lap of his friend Paddy, who was attempting to fly the plane... with nothing more than 6 pints of  guinness and 3 pies inside him...... and having no idea of the principles of powered flight

Cheers Don      on a slow day   

Edited by getting older slowly
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, getting older slowly said:

Ahhhhh.... that would explain the latest update.... the pilot was in fact found in the back seat of the plane.... and that he had inadvertently drop his pie onto the lap of his friend Paddy, who was attempting to fly the plane... with nothing more than 6 pints of  guinness and 3 pies inside him...... and having no idea of the principles of powered flight

Cheers Don      on a slow day   

Only 6 pints don? Back in the olde days I would spill that much in a session. 16 schooies after golf on a hot day, foursome, 4 shouts each no problem, had to keep hydrated.

Edited by NSWP
  • Like 1

Thanks Mr. Gut I looked through the list on the link. I will definitely need to try the Cherry Ripe Bar (I'm a sucker for cherry flavour), Lamingtons are already on my list. What you call a "spider" we call a float and Rootbeer is the most common type although Orange soda and Cream soda are also used. I think we have a malt powder here to put in milk, it's called Ovaltine but I haven't tried it. We have a chocolate powder or syrup called Nestle "Quik" that we put in milk. So much food so little time🤔

20 minutes ago, Blackduck59 said:

Thanks Mr. Gut I looked through the list on the link. I will definitely need to try the Cherry Ripe Bar (I'm a sucker for cherry flavour), Lamingtons are already on my list. What you call a "spider" we call a float and Rootbeer is the most common type although Orange soda and Cream soda are also used. I think we have a malt powder here to put in milk, it's called Ovaltine but I haven't tried it. We have a chocolate powder or syrup called Nestle "Quik" that we put in milk. So much food so little time🤔

Cherry rips are wonderful. You will hear a spider called a float here too, once very common now only sold at limited outlets I use coke, actually Pepsi Max, Ovaltine and Milo the chocolate malt drink are very similar and here Quik is a powder rather than a liquid and comes in a few flavours,

Cherry ripe has pieces of cherry and coconut inside a dark chocolate.

28 minutes ago, GUT2407 said:

Cherry rips are wonderful. You will hear a spider called a float here too, once very common now only sold at limited outlets I use coke, actually Pepsi Max, Ovaltine and Milo the chocolate malt drink are very similar and here Quik is a powder rather than a liquid and comes in a few flavours,

Cherry ripe has pieces of cherry and coconut inside a dark chocolate.

I had a cherry ripe the other day,  called dark ganache.  My favourite. And the double dipped.

OIP (3).jpg

download (1).jpg

Edited by NSWP
  • Like 1

Cherry Ripe is one of the few chocolate bars I like. Mostly I just prefer plain dark chocolate. But that ganache one sounds interesting.

I have a friend who makes a slice out of Cherry Ripes. It's nice but way too sweet for me these days.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Cherry Ripe is one of the few chocolate bars I like. Mostly I just prefer plain dark chocolate. But that ganache one sounds interesting.

I have a friend who makes a slice out of Cherry Ripes. It's nice but way too sweet for me these days.

I like to break a cherry ripe up into a bowl of ice cream, lubbly jubbly.  I only eat dark choloclate, often less sweet than milk chocolate, darker the better. But then the filling is sweet, like in a cherry ripe, sugar overload.

Edited by NSWP

2 hours ago, Bowm54 said:

Could your son not find an opening for you on his vessel as “senior chef de pastree”

I thought more like OIC of the Bar.🥃🍷 Particular attention to quality control, hic.

Edited by NSWP
  • Like 1

Uncle Les, The Bay is a big attraction it seems. 🙂

This came up on my FB feed from a travel agent:

image.png.b3ccf8fa0c3c28cc2e8b444a95e44239.png

No mention of the local legend NSWP (affectionally known to his friends as Uncle Les), who would take you on a cruise up the Clyde, a foodie pie experience & a couple of beers at the Golf Club.

I think I will arrange my own visit & catch up with Uncle Les 🙂

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, mr walker said:

No mention of the local legend NSWP (affectionally known to his friends as Uncle Les), who would take you on a cruise up the Clyde, a foodie pie experience & a couple of beers at the Golf Club.

I got n Emil from them bout it and thought where’s uncle Les and his club?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, GUT2407 said:

I got n Emil from them bout it and thought where’s uncle Les and his club?

Come on down folks, we are covid free, let us entertain you. Welcome any time mr gut. And anyone else, i can show you around, uncle les tours, no charge.

Edited by NSWP

51 minutes ago, mr walker said:

Welcome to uncle les tours no probs

22 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

BYOG.

Bring your own gluten

Indeed plenty grog, but gluten for me a no no.  I am serious anyone wanting to come down for a meet up, tour and a feed somewhere, let me know, I wont be here for ever.

Edited by NSWP
  • Like 1