re meat pies

18 hours ago, possum52 said:

Tradies only here or click and collect for the public.

Leigh

Bunnings here at Batemans Bay offer a tradies brekkie Mon to Fri @ 0700 to 0800, Tradies only, must identify, menu: Egg and Bacon Roll and coffee/tea, they also give the tradies a free Bunnings T shirt and hat.  Lyle would be right, bring his trade certificate. 

Also our Bunnings has a cafe within the store open to the public from 0800 to 1700 offering pies, sambos, cakes, tea/coffee, cold drinks etc. Reasonable prices too.

Edited by NSWP
  • Like 2

Back to pies. Last night we went to the footy [NRL] where our mighty Penrith Panthers beat our western rivals the Parramatta Eels - the slimies as we call them. Got home and had 2 4&20 meat pies [nuked in microwave] with tomato sauce for a late dinner. Perfect to cap of a good night. Oh, had a couple of beers at the game which were good too - Iron Jack

Crisp Australian Lager

At the footy they are on tap, but served in plastic cups for safety!

• Like 2

Had a pie for lunch today, Barbeque pulled pork and beef with a few veggies in a barbeque sauce. I had it cold by hand and realized that if I had heated it the crust would not hold up. I have another one that I will heat but definitely eat it off a plate with a fork.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, ilikeanswers said:

Had an interesting beef pie yesterday. Instead of a pastry top they baked an egg over the top. I quite liked it and they managed to keep the yolk a little bit gooey😋

interesting idea.... don't  mind the sound of that.....     was it a knife and fork job.. or by hand ??

added chips and beer..... bingo

Cheers Don

Had Soup today for lunch   ( home make )

3 hours ago, ilikeanswers said:

Had an interesting beef pie yesterday. Instead of a pastry top they baked an egg over the top. I quite liked it and they managed to keep the yolk a little bit gooey😋

Local bakery here does and egg and bacon pie, think it is also called a Tradies Pie.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mr walker said:

Back to pies. Last night we went to the footy [NRL] where our mighty Penrith Panthers beat our western rivals the Parramatta Eels - the slimies as we call them. Got home and had 2 4&20 meat pies [nuked in microwave] with tomato sauce for a late dinner. Perfect to cap of a good night. Oh, had a couple of beers at the game which were good too - Iron Jack

Crisp Australian Lager

At the footy they are on tap, but served in plastic cups for safety!

Crikey mate, I read it and thought you had 2420 pies, then I deciphered it and read 2 x 4 and 20 pies. Hope you enjoyed them. I bet you snuck in a couple of pies at the footie too with the Iron Jack, go the Chocolate Soldiers.

Edited by NSWP
  • Like 1

On 9/11/2020 at 3:08 PM, Blackduck59 said:

Darn all i have is my Journeyman Joiner certificate card and my apprenticeship certificate card.

That would be adequate Lyle, tell them Uncle Les sent you. 😆

Edited by NSWP
  • Thanks 1

On 9/11/2020 at 4:35 PM, GUT2407 said:

Left home at 2:00 to take our girl to Sydney for surgery to replace her nerve stimulator, just got home swallowed a pastie off to the great blanket show.

Did you get stressed out in Sydney, Muchas Traffico, Senor.

On 9/11/2020 at 4:03 PM, getting older slowly said:

Wondering can a tradie do click and collect on a sausage in bread....lol

Time to start thinking dinner... steak, chips, pepper sauce and salad with Shiraz..

SCPSSS.......... lol

Don

Don old chap, that is what I just cooked myself for dinner, Porterhouse steak - medium well with pan jus, chips, pepper sauce and salad, but with a Cab Sav.

Edited by NSWP
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, NSWP said:

You would need some toast or a sambo with that Leigh, cannot drink loop de loop on its own, I cannot anyway.

No Les, just the soup as it was very thick so quite filling. Finished with an apple.

Leigh

3 minutes ago, GUT2407 said:

Yeah hate the place Les and because of the Tram they had changed a lot of the streets so couldn’t go the way I normally do. 

Mate, understand, my son keeps telling me to come up more  to Riverview (near Lane Cove) and stay at his home.  But I hate Sydney traffic now, even though I worked in the joint for 30 odd years.  You need a Bex, a cup of tea and a lie down old son.4cc0b2e2afe4cd085cd2af8d696275bd.jpg.e7adbb3c9e09bf45bac109827c92077d.jpg

Edited by NSWP

1 minute ago, GUT2407 said:

First go with the pie maker, not bad and even gut was satisfied with just the one

AEA7F91A-DCE3-4758-B882-130FEE617AEF.jpeg

Looking good mate, meat pies?  I hope you turned them up the right way to eat them, you would have choked.

Edited by NSWP

15 minutes ago, GUT2407 said:

First go with the pie maker, not bad and even gut was satisfied with just the one

AEA7F91A-DCE3-4758-B882-130FEE617AEF.jpeg

How good are they 👍. Did you get the Sunbeam one? You can make a pie out of any leftovers  etc....  had one  (actually two😁)the other day with leftover butter chicken  ...delish

Edited by gbenjo