Previous Celebrity Looking to Try AZ - A Simple Question

mnocket

I'm looking at a Deluxe Veranda. With the 2 category upgrade promotion the V1, V2 and V3 cabins are all the same price (guaranteed room). I'm assuming that the V1 is a better cabin/location than the V2/V2. Thought I'd better make sure before booking. Is this correct?

V3 lowest grade, V1 highest.

Last year we were in V2 which was mid- ships, which I like as there is least movement in rough seas ( and we had one night as we sailed through the tail of a tropical storm)

I would certainly look at a plan before choosing your cabin.

Thanks for the replies. Unfortunately it only offers guaranteed cabins, so I won't know the location until they assign the cabin.

This is a change on the previous double upgrade promotion that I've used and disappointing. I like to know which cabin I'm in. Whilst it's academic because you aren't able to choose, Azamara V1 veranda cabins are designated that because they are on the highest deck. They aren't necessarily in the best spot because there is a public deck above. Also, rather than being midship most of them are forward. Here's a link to poster uktog's latest cabin spreadsheet for all cabins. I like deck 7 and deck 6, but not too far forward because some of the deck 6 cabins are over the show lounge and you can hear noise from shows and rehearsals:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=406055&d=1492291908

Phil

Thanks for the replies. Unfortunately it only offers guaranteed cabins, so I won't know the location until they assign the cabin.

Apologies for giving you erroneous information. I hope you get a good cabin assignment and enjoy your first Azamara cruise

This is a change on the previous double upgrade promotion that I've used and disappointing. I like to know which cabin I'm in. Whilst it's academic because you aren't able to choose, Azamara V1 veranda cabins are designated that because they are on the highest deck. They aren't necessarily in the best spot because there is a public deck above. Also, rather than being midship most of them are forward. Here's a link to poster uktog's latest cabin spreadsheet for all cabins. I like deck 7 and deck 6, but not too far forward because some of the deck 6 cabins are over the show lounge and you can hear noise from shows and rehearsals:

Phil

And for the regulars no access to LCV upgrades either. The trouble with "offers" like these is the small print is so small! I'd rather trade down to an OV or Inside to know my cabin as there are now quite a few no nos for us. On a small ship the % of ones to avoid can be relatively high.

And for the regulars no access to LCV upgrades either. The trouble with "offers" like these is the small print is so small! I'd rather trade down to an OV or Inside to know my cabin as there are now quite a few no nos for us. On a small ship the % of ones to avoid can be relatively high.

Exactly my thoughts! OV cat 05s are now my choice, but from the cruises I've looked at the price is way too much for them. I did have a look at the terms and conditions for the double upgrade promo on the US site, but there is no mention of it being and upgrade to an X GTY (balcony guarantee), just that it's from the cat 12 inside price.

Phil

Edited by excitedofharpenden

At the present time I believe that best policy is to avoid Azamara altogether.

Not if you can find the Cruise you want to go on at a price you are happy to pay. The current UK promotion is 30% off selected European cruises for 2018. We're looking at the Rome to Venice cruise in July that includes being in Venice for the Redentore festival - price looks good.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Phil

I checked with a TA and he said "the V1's are still being updated by the inventory department and can't be booked at the moment"

So it seems it has nothing to do with the promotion. V3 cabins are available and can be selected.

We are Celebrity lovers and have recently booked a back to back on Azamara next September. The price wasn't a good deal but we were in it more for the itinerary. We are very open minded about cruises and trying different lines. I really hope we won't be disappointed after spending quite a bit more for a much smaller cabin than we have this year on X. Without any sea days for 16 days we figure we won't see much of the cabin anyway. I'm curious to keep reading comparisons as we would also like to try YC on MSC.

V2 are on deck 7, my preference because there are cabins above and below. Just take note of the laundry location[emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We were on a V2 on deck 6- 6069.

However there is confusion here as Bonnie says that GT is only offered when verandah's are sold out.

I would be asking a TA to investigate.

We only offer GTY's if the eligible sailing is sold out of verandas.

We only offer GTY's if the eligible sailing is sold out of verandas.

And yes absolutely our LCV upgrade is combinable with the Double Upgrade promotion.

Of coarse you are correct. I am the OP. My TA confirmed that we could not select a specific V1 room because AZ was updating the inventory - only guaranteed V1s were available. V3 cabins were available and could be chosen, so this had nothing to do with the promotion.

Of coarse you are correct. I am the OP. My TA confirmed that we could not select a specific V1 room because AZ was updating the inventory - only guaranteed V1s were available. V3 cabins were available and could be chosen, so this had nothing to do with the promotion.

Thanks for clarifying. I'd rather take a V3 or V2 than a V1 to be honest.

Phil