ms Maasdam in Port Everglades/Ft. Lauderdale Wed 13 Sep 2017

Copper10-8

I have a question. I start my 2018 Crystal World Cruise in FTL January 5 and will be at the Embassy Suites January 4. I think the Amsterdam is set to depart January 4 at 8PM. If I watch from my room for the forward lights to go out will I have time to walk to the causeway and watch the Amsterdam leave live?

Roy

I have a question. I start my 2018 Crystal World Cruise in FTL January 5 and will be at the Embassy Suites January 4. I think the Amsterdam is set to depart January 4 at 8PM. If I watch from my room for the forward lights to go out will I have time to walk to the causeway and watch the Amsterdam leave live?

Roy

Is the causeway the 17th Street bridge or nearby?

Another question. The jetway seems to be setting down on the tarmac. Is that normal for the Maasdam at that terminal or does it suggest some storm damage?

Roy

The jetway was in its usual place to embark guests earlier this afternoon. I noticed at Piers 2 and 25 that the Port had lowered the jetways prior to Irma's arrival. When one sees the condition of the jetways at St, Maarten's airport that were not so lowered, it's easy to see why the Port did that.