First time Suite questions

seasidesam

Sailing on Royal Princess in November this will be our first time in a suite and I just have a few questions.What is the dress code for breakfast in Sabatinis. We are in a suite and elite for the first time, will we get two mini bar set ups and if so can we trade one set up for two coffee cards. The complimentary dinner in the specialty restaurant on embarkation day do we need to make reservations or will they decide which restaurant and what time we will be eating. Thank-you for taking the time to answer these questions:)

Yes, you should get a mini bar for being Elite and another one for being in a Suite. If you don't get both be sure to ask about it as you are supposed to get two. No idea about Sabatini's as we have never sailed in a Suite nor are we likely to do so in the future.

There will likely be a card in your cabin regarding the specialty dining. If it's in a venue you don't want simply call the DINE line and change it to another venue.

Enjoy your cruise. :)

Dress in Sabatini's for breakfast is pretty casual. I have seen lots of different dress. I think it's pretty liberal. (shorts etc)

The comp dinner is sometimes set for the first evening.

Call room service once onboard to set it up or cancel the time they have set for you.

We don't use the concierge in the lounge on Riviera deck because half the time nobody is there. :(

Sailing on Royal Princess in November this will be our first time in a suite and I just have a few questions.

What is the dress code for breakfast in Sabatinis.

Casual

We are in a suite and elite for the first time, will we get two mini bar set ups

Yes. You should not need to do anything, they should be there waiting for you, but if you don't get the second one simply point out the error to your steward and he will fix it.

if so can we trade one set up for two coffee cards.

Yes, but never done it myself so not sure of the procedure.

The complimentary dinner in the specialty restaurant on embarkation day do we need to make reservations or will they decide which restaurant and what time we will be eating.

You choose, sometimes DINE line phone, sometimes I phone them. When we were on Ocean where everyone was on traditional dining, I went to see the Maitre d' as I thought it would be impolite not to turn up at the table on the first night and he did not hesitate to offer us the option to take it in the second night.

Thank-you for taking the time to answer these questions:)

Answers in bold above

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Sailing on Royal Princess in November this will be our first time in a suite and I just have a few questions.What is the dress code for breakfast in Sabatinis. We are in a suite and elite for the first time, will we get two mini bar set ups and if so can we trade one set up for two coffee cards. The complimentary dinner in the specialty restaurant on embarkation day do we need to make reservations or will they decide which restaurant and what time we will be eating. Thank-you for taking the time to answer these questions:)

There is no dress code for Sabitini breakfast

you can keep one mini bar and trade one mini bar for 2 coffee since you get 2 mini bar set ups. We always call the dining line and make our own reservation for the specialty restaurant.

Call as soon as you get on... or go to the speciality dining room to make reservations...often .. Only offered on first night... regular dress code for breakfast ... free drinks too!! and speciality coffee... two bar set ups

Flowers to wear on Formal night ... go to the website and PRINT OUT ... all you get!!! ENJOY!!!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

To trade one of your mini bar setups for two coffee cards just call Room Service. They are the ones in charge of the mini bar stuff. It's not your room steward's job.

Yup, you are 90% correct.

However, what happens is that, although you should always call Room Service to make all exchanges in either of the sets up, what initially happens is that your steward brings the suite related mini-bar as part of his suite set up 'kit' and Room Service come around with a trolley and deliver one Elite mini-bar set up to all the staterooms occupied by Elite members.

If one is missing the easiest thing is to tell your steward, when he comes to introduce himself, as he will know which set up is missing.

If you phone Room Service and they have already delivered your Elite set up, they will get confused as they will not know what happened to the one that they believe was issued to your steward.

Officially, the comp dinner is for the first night only, but they may change it if you ask. I have never had a card in my room for the suite comp dinner - just for the comp dinner from a promotion such as Sip & Sail. Call the DINE line to make a reservation. If you don't call, they may call you to check.

However, what happens is that, although you should always call Room Service to make all exchanges in either of the sets up, what initially happens is that your steward brings the suite related mini-bar as part of his suite set up 'kit' and Room Service deliver the Elite mini-bar set up to all the staterooms occupied by Elite members.

If one is missing the easiest thing is to tell your steward, when he comes to introduce himself, as he will know which set up is missing.

If you phone Room Service and they have already delivered your Elite set up, they will get confused as they will not know what happened to the one that they believe was issued to your steward.

I have always called Room Service for my second mini-bar setup, and they have always handled it. I don't believe the steward would be able to handle it.

On my last cruise, Room Service said that they only deliver one mini-bar setup at the beginning of the cruise and wait to deliver the other one when requested. That is easier, since they can wait for you to tell them what you want instead of them delivering it and then having to change a lot out. So don't assume they forgot if you only have one - just call them and tell them what you want and when you want it.

However, what happens is that, although you should always call Room Service to make all exchanges in either of the sets up, what initially happens is that your steward brings the suite related mini-bar as part of his suite set up 'kit' and Room Service come around with a trolley and deliver one Elite mini-bar set up to all the staterooms occupied by Elite members.

I disagree. Stewart has enough to do already. Room service handles this. Don't put Stewart on the spot.

To trade one of your mini bar setups for two coffee cards just call Room Service. They are the ones in charge of the mini bar stuff. It's not your room steward's job.

Exactly. And if you don't have two set-ups when you arrive, call room service--don't ask your steward; they need to hear the request from you.

As someone else has stated, Thrak is 100% correct. Your steward has no involvement with the full suite or elite minibars. That is the exclusive responsibility of Room Service. We have sailed in several full suites over the last several years and both of our setups were delivered to our cabin at the same time. One of those times we traded one of those setups for two coffee cards and RS came to pick up the one setup and gave us the two coffee cards. We typically change out all of the liquor mini bottles for beer and the sodas for water and once again that is done by RS.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Hello was in a suite on July sailing.

1. Dress code; very casual. shorts, slacks, tee shirt are all ok

2. Specialty dinner: I called dine line from suite; no one answered; so went down and made own time slot. Mait're D will be in restaurant when you board and will take a reservation time for you.

3. As mentioned above tell your room steward if you want to swap out one mini bar for coffee card. Ours contacted room service and they swapped it out