Princess eZair flight concern

JP-Cruise

hi,

I'm from Toronto, going to Fairbanks Alaska next summer. Looking at the flexible fare options and there's one flight that goes from Toronto - Detroit. Then a 50 minute layover. Then from detroit to Minneapolis. A 2 hour and 54 layover there. Then to Fairbanks. My concern is, is the 50 minute layover to risky? This flight is $628.77 I dunno is that a good price?

I'm originally from Michigan and fly in and out of Detroit on a regular basis to visit family. While 50 minutes is a little tight, it is doable. DTW is a huge airport, but they have a shuttle that runs between the McCarran terminals, if your next flight is in a different terminal. The only negative might be any checked luggage. Hopefully, it would make the next flight. Hope you have a wonderful vacation next year!

I'm originally from Michigan and fly in and out of Detroit on a regular basis to visit family. While 50 minutes is a little tight, it is doable. DTW is a huge airport, but they have a shuttle that runs between the McCarran terminals, if your next flight is in a different terminal. The only negative might be any checked luggage. Hopefully, it would make the next flight. Hope you have a wonderful vacation next year!

Thanks. I haven't booked it yet. I heard it is never good to book a flight with a less then an hour and a half layover. That was another concern, if I have to pick up my luggage or will it be sent all the way to my final destination

I fly thru Detroit a lot. 50 minutes is ok. You will be flying in summer so weather should not be a major concern. If you are on Delta most likely you will fly into terminal A; but you could go to MSP in Terminal B/C. You take a underground moving walkway to get from A-B. If you only have hand luggage you should make it

I fly thru Detroit a lot. 50 minutes is ok. You will be flying in summer so weather should not be a major concern. If you are on Delta most likely you will fly into terminal A; but you could go to MSP in Terminal B/C. You take a underground moving walkway to get from A-B. If you only have hand luggage you should make it

I just booked a cheaper flex flight for 430$. From Toronto to Vancouver, - Seattle - Fairbanks. The layover in Vancouver - Seattle is 50 minutes. I arrive in

Too bad you had to bounce all over the place. Too many stops for me. You might have tried YYZ-SEA direct. Anyway, I would have checked the airlines to compare with EZ Air. Doesn't matter now, but layover/transfer time makes a difference if with same airline or partner versus a whole other airline (which you should allow more time for).

The layover in Vancouver - Seattle is 50 minutes.

THIS is much more concerning than your 50mins in Detroit on the first one. You'll have to go through US immigration at YVR, and unless it all goes swimmingly you'll miss the flight to Seattle. Even though there are plenty of YVR-SEA flights, the odds of you being found a seat on one that still gets you to Fairbanks before the next morning are slim to none; far fewer options than to Anchorage...

If you have NEXUS or Global Entry to expedite matters you might be OK - but you may even have to claim bags and manually carry them over to CBP's drop. Personally I always try to take indirect US-bound flights such that the first leg is the one that gets me over the border - that way I can ensure I'm through CBP's hoops before I ever get on the first plane, and all luggage will definitely be checked to destination...

THIS is much more concerning than your 50mins in Detroit on the first one. You'll have to go through US immigration at YVR, and unless it all goes swimmingly you'll miss the flight to Seattle. Even though there are plenty of YVR-SEA flights, the odds of you being found a seat on one that still gets you to Fairbanks before the next morning are slim to none; far fewer options than to Anchorage...

If you have NEXUS or Global Entry to expedite matters you might be OK - but you may even have to claim bags and manually carry them over to CBP's drop. Personally I always try to take indirect US-bound flights such that the first leg is the one that gets me over the border - that way I can ensure I'm through CBP's hoops before I ever get on the first plane, and all luggage will definitely be checked to destination...

Ya I know I cancelled this flight. I knew it was a really bad choice. Gonna wait to book my flights. Because I want to do an excursion in Vancouver before my flight home. My Alaskan cruise ends in Vancouver. I'm hoping they offer an excursion that goes to Capilano suspension bridge, then drops us off at the airport after. The princess cruise rep suggest I wait until April when the excursions are available, book the excursion, then book the eZair flights

Try 'pretend' booking flights directly on the airlines websites to see if you are getting the best deals and options. I am 'playing' with EZ Air for a cruise next summer, but unfortunately finding some of my options on direct airline site bookings don't show up on EZ Air... :(

The first time I used EZair earlier this year, I called Princess and asked the rep to speak with the EZ air desk to price out a particular itinerary, giving specific airline flight numbers. [i wanted to fly transcon on a Delta One flight.] It did take a good 15 minutes or so, as we can't speak directly to the EZ air reps, so there was some back and forth. But they were able to build and offer the exact itinerary I wanted.

I got my flights and because it was a flexible booking, I had time to pay and the option to cancel. I saved a little over $200 based on pricing on Delta's site. I received my MQM's, class of service bonus, and MQD's... based upon what EZ air paid for the flight. MQD's never include the taxes, fees, surcharges included in the ticket, but the difference between what I paid EZ air and MQD's was > $500, so I'd say EZ air does well for itself and Princess.

The thing I worry about with tight connection times isn't my making the flight--it's that my checked luggage won't make the connection. It happened to us once when our flight was canceled due to a winter storm in New England. We got on a later flight, but our luggage did not make it. Fortunately we were staying in a hotel one night and the airline delivered during the night.

If you book EZ-Air Princess guarantees they will get you there if you miss your flight. Book early. You can cancel up until final payment and make changes 45 days before sailing without penalty. Make sure you get the Princess insurance, your flight will be insured at no extra charge. Once you book a flexible flight, check frequently as available flights and prices change frequently.