Booking Excursions at the Pier?

rs45thompson

I know a lot of people are facing the same situation. We just received our itinerary for our upcoming carnival cruise and with that being said it is not a lot of time to do research and book excursions. Has anyone had experience with booking excursions at the port? Did you enjoy these? I'm such a planner this is difficult for me.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Forums mobile app

Yes, quite successfully.

Last summer in Cozumel we chose an all-inclusive open-bar beach day and had a wonderful time.

I can't help with the need to plan issue. On another thread I suggested just going with the flow could be extremely rewarding and from some of the responses you would have thought I had suggested bargaining away my grandchildren!

I stay aware of safety issues, and there are a few ports where I am not comfortable being on our own. I have enjoyed ship sponsored excursions but not exclusively.

Hope you find some things that interest you.

At one point we were cruising with a group that was pushing 15+ people. On several occasions we had great success (and saved a TON) booking at the pier vs on the ship - one of our best deals was bus tour excursion somewhere in the Dominican (I forget exactly, too many cruises ago) where we chartered a whole bus for our group of 15 for the same amount as what we would have paid for two people "Officially".

Everything is negotiable (drastically so, often) when you have cash in hand...especially if you're talking Caribbean.

Last time in Cozumel we had a large group just wanting to go to the beach and eat and drink, we ended up getting a couple taxis and they took us down to Mr Sancho's. All inclusive,the place was very clean and looked new. Every time your drink was low you did not have to ask for a refill. They have a nice website.

I know a lot of people are facing the same situation. We just received our itinerary for our upcoming carnival cruise and with that being said it is not a lot of time to do research and book excursions. Has anyone had experience with booking excursions at the port? Did you enjoy these? I'm such a planner this is difficult for me.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Forums mobile app

Where did your cruise change to? We are on the Vista on early Nov.

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Forums mobile app

That's what I was thinking. I won't be able to do as deep of research as I usually do. But if I get an idea of what I want to do at each port I can see what's available once we get off the ship and possibly save some money while I'm at it. It's just difficult for me to go with the flow. But I'm going to try it.

We booked a Saona Island trip through Seavis Tours in La Romana. They let you book online & you pay in cash when you get there. We just got off the ship & wandered around in Curacao. You should check out the various ports of call threads. They have lots of suggestions for excursions.