Drinking water on the liberty

Since we aren't allowed to bring water on board, we have to buy a beverage package? How safe is the water?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

On sept 24th I took a case of water, put a luggage tag taped on it and gave it to the porter, I put 3 six packs of bottled cokes in a duffel bag and sent it with the porter. We had 3 bottles of cokes in our carry on and some cookies from our drive, all got on with no problems

One lady had a case of 24 big red she carried on. No one that I saw or heard of got sent to the principle

I just sailed on Liberty with my entire family. We all took cases of water and taped a luggage tag to the case. Everybody got theirs but me. I went to customer services like the cabin attendant told me to and they said they had delivered all the cases of water to the rooms if they had a luggage tag. They checked and said they had no cases without a tag. I will say when I saw the porter pushing off our cart of bags, our case of water was kind of laying on the side of the stacked bags. I am pretty sure it probably fell off and the water busted or something. Long story to say they actually looked for my water!

• 2 months later...
Officially, the policy states no water or soda can be brought aboard. However, for several years and many cruises I have always brought a case of water on ships out of Galveston, Navigator and Liberty.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Do you just carry them on or do you put them in your luggage?

We cruised on the Liberty last month. We put 4 sealed 6 packs of drinking water in a separate piece of luggage and gave it to the porters. It showed up at our cabin door no issues. We each also had 12 packs of soda along with our bottle of wine in our carry on bag. We figured at the very least we'd be called out and would need to open our carry-on for inspection. If the soda was confiscated we were prepared for that. We placed our bags on the scanner, they rolled through and not a word was said.

if you do not trust the ship water

don't use ice ........

and btw ... when they washed the dishes they rinsed in OMG .. and using water to cook OMGGGGGG

brush your teeth today? Did you use bottle?????

On our last cruise I overheard someone ranting about how unsafe the water is on ship. Don't drink it, you'll be sorry. Real doom and gloom stuff.

I chimed in and said, "the water on the ship is purified and may be healthier than what you have at home."

Response was. "I'm a travel agent, I know about this stuff."

OK

On our last cruise I overheard someone ranting about how unsafe the water is on ship. Don't drink it, you'll be sorry. Real doom and gloom stuff.

I chimed in and said, "the water on the ship is purified and may be healthier than what you have at home."

OK

So did they actually eat/drink coffee all week? Did they think all food and ice and coffee were made with bottled water? You need to question how some people manage to get up in the morning and get dressed all by themselves.

OK

I used to work for Royal several years ago and know for a fact that their water purifying system is amazing. I always drink the water on the ship and have never noticed a foul smell or taste. I only prefer bottled water because it's much easier to take with you on the go, but honestly don't mind refilling my cup if I need to.

• 5 months later...

Every ship that sails from a US port is subject to frequent inspections. The water is straight from the sea and desalinated. It is pure. Any folks that ranted that it is bad or impure are what has become water snobs. Worry not, it is safe!

Every ship that sails from a US port is subject to frequent inspections. The water is straight from the sea and desalinated. It is pure. Any folks that ranted that it is bad or impure are what has become water snobs. Worry not, it is safe!

Sometimes the water is from a municipal source in a port. Depends on the itinerary.

• 1 month later...
On my cruise planner it shows 2 alcohol packages and 3 non-alcoholic beverage packages: Refreshment,Classic Soda, and classic soda and one voom device. When I click the link you attached it says that it's "on vacation".

Sign in to your account page then click on My Account in the upper right hand corner for the drop down menu. Then click on Royal Gifts.