Opinions Please! Ecstasy or Liberty?

EllaDuChien

At the risk of pushing my “meatloaf” analogy too far: Meatloaf night was never a disappointment because we had different expectations on those nights and could still look forward to steak night.

If you know you go in on E that it’s a smaller ship with less bells and whistles but that you are getting the most bang for your buck on a per day basis (and have a shorter drive with a simpler debark port), I sincerely doubt you’ll be disappointed and think you might even be pleasantly surprised.

At least that’s how it worked out for us when we chose E over Conquest.

Here’s our fairly ancient review of our E experience.

https://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=53980

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Really fun review! Thanks for sharing! This is really a first world problem...I mean any day on a cruise ship is a good day so there are no wrong answers...and I like meatloaf! ;)

I will chime is since we are also in NC and have also sailed Majesty many times. We will be on Liberty on the 5th and we were on the Ecstasy around Labor day. We really enjoyed the Ecstasy and would do it again without hesitation. We can let you know about Liberty in a couple of weeks, but I expect it will be a good report.

I will chime is since we are also in NC and have also sailed Majesty many times. We will be on Liberty on the 5th and we were on the Ecstasy around Labor day. We really enjoyed the Ecstasy and would do it again without hesitation. We can let you know about Liberty in a couple of weeks, but I expect it will be a good report.

LOL! I followed your Harvey/RCL/Carnival drama and I was so happy you were able to get on a cruise after all you went through!

I really enjoyed your Ecstasy trip report, I hope you will do one for the Liberty as well! We leave in a couple weeks to sail the Sunshine out of Charleston, it will be my first time parking/departing from Charleston. Any parking tips!

just got off the Liberty two weeks ago. The Liberty is a big ship and nice interior with plenty of water slides, flow rider, tidal storm slide, and pools and hot tub. However, it does not have alot of activities planned through the day like Carnival. It is for a more subdue and older crowd. If you want lots of activities and a lively younger crowd, go with Carnival, but if you want a more leisurely cruise then Liberty is for you.

To clear up any confusion, The Liberty I am referring to is is the Royal Carribean Liberty of the Seas.

Lol! I figured that out when you mentioned the Flowrider!!! I am asking about the Carnival Liberty though!! I do want to sail on LOS someday though! [emoji2]

LOL! I followed your Harvey/RCL/Carnival drama and I was so happy you were able to get on a cruise after all you went through!

I really enjoyed your Ecstasy trip report, I hope you will do one for the Liberty as well! We leave in a couple weeks to sail the Sunshine out of Charleston, it will be my first time parking/departing from Charleston. Any parking tips!

We went down to Charleston a day early and stayed at the Hampton Inn West Ashley. It is about 10-15 min from the port and there are closer hotels. BUT, it is a very nice hotel and they are very cruise friendly in that they will let you park there for no charge and seem to take good care of their cruise guests. They have a shuttle (extra charge) which we did not use, but used Uber instead. The port itself is right at the end of the downtown market. We got a fairly early Uber ride - around 9 or so - and were able to check our luggage with the porters and then walk around the market area until boarding time. On our cruise they did not enforce the check in time so you could board when you wanted to. Not sure how consistent this is. There are a lot of hotels that have free parking for cruisers and if you offset the cost of port parking you are almost getting a free stay. Note that most of the downtown "boutique" do not do the free cruise parking.

• 6 months later...
why post on carnival forum just to say that?

Sorry for the delay. I just saw your response. I suppose I was either stoned or just being an a-hole. My real answer would have been to take the cruise from Charleston and do either pre- or post-cruise for a few days. Charleston is a beautiful city and has some of the best low-country cuisine you’d ever taste, especially the seafood.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The Liberty is my favorite Carnival ship that I've been on so far; the staff was great and it was a nice balance between new, big but not ginormous, and good amenities. But the extra cruise day would be really tempting for me - I have only been on one cruise shorter than a week and really didn't care for it, I think 4 days would just be WAY too short for me.