Snagging a lounger on Serenity

georgiacruizer

Getting up early and throwing your towels and flip flops on one before I go for a leisurely breakfast.

I don't like the clamshells. When I'm in one I feel like I'm laying (lying?) on a bare mattress that's supported about 130,000 bare behinds.

If you take more than 30 minutes for your leisurely breakfast, do not be upset if your flip flops and towels are removed.

Really the only way to guarantee that you will get one (maybe) is if you get up early ....like 7 am early...and go see if one is available. You can leave something there and leave, but you take a chance that after 40 minutes your things will be removed. Depends if they are enforcing on that particular ship or not. And if other passengers complain about it.

I agree with getting up early, that seems like the most reliable way. You can also camp out close by until someone leaves. If we walk through and we see one occupied but they don't have a bag, towel, book, and a sloth with them, they aren't staying long. [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

When we sail in an inside cabin we make use of the clamshells every day. One of us wakes up early, usually my hubby since he does so anyway. He will take a blanket (saved from movie night) and head up between 6 and 7 and lay down , sometime dozing back off. I wake up a bit later, gather stuff in our tote bag and head up when Im ready, usually 8 or 830. Then one of us goes and gets breakfast for the both of us, which we enjoy together on the serenity deck. We dont leave our clamshell person-less until we are done using it for the day.

Having spent a lot of time up there, I can tell you that most people do not spend hours and hours in a clamshell. Turnover happens regularly, and even though its boring.... you can definately snag one if you just sit and wait a little while.

Please dont save your clamshell with "stuff". That creates so much grief as people come and just want to sit for a short while but cant find a seat. Besides, there are signs all along the rail telling you that there is no reserving of seats on Serenity, so the rules appear to differ from the rest of the decks which allow 30 or 40 min.

Personally, I dont think reserving with anything other than a body should be acceptable at all. Stopping the practice would probably make more people happy than upset.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Forums mobile app

Getting up early and throwing your towels and flip flops on one before I go for a leisurely breakfast.

I don't like the clamshells. When I'm in one I feel like I'm laying (lying?) on a bare mattress that's supported about 130,000 bare behinds.

Isn't this advocating "CHAIR HOGGING"?????? :o

Good way to lose your towels and flip flops depending on how long that leisurely breakfast is.

... Besides, there are signs all along the rail telling you that there is no reserving of seats on Serenity, so the rules appear to differ from the rest of the decks which allow 30 or 40 min.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Forums mobile app

I hadn't noticed signs on the rail...will have to look for that.

We are looking forward to checking out the new Serenity area on the Conquest this November.

I love the large, round loungers/clamshells on the Serenity deck, but they are very hard to snag. Do you have any tips or strategies to share - getting up early, staring at a couple until they leave (lol, not really (I hope!)). What works best?

Getting up early.

Like others have said - early is key! But don't be a chair hog... if you are using it, use it, all the time. Or at least make sure you are there every 5-minutes. One time I saw one of those door "Be Right Back Clocks" and had the time and reason (ie. drink, bathroom, food) written with dry erase marker - wish I would have taken a photo of that. It was always only for 5-minutes or so.

Switch on/off with your cabin mates/friends/group and you'll be good!