Deluxe Package BOGO!

I just tried to book it and it didn't come up at the BOGO as listed on my planner (I received an email and got very excited). I called Royal and they said the email accidentally went out a day early and the sale won't start until tomorrow. I asked if the price will go up from the current $43 I am seeing for my Harmony sailing overnight to compensate for the sale and he said YES!!! He explained that the current price of $43 is a discount of 21% per person and the price will go back to the normal $55 price, and then give the 50% off the second passenger which will be a slightly larger discount overall. I tried to get him to give me the discount off the price I am currently seeing since I received the email but he wouldn't do it. I would like to hear if anyone else had a different outcome!!! If you do please post and let others know!

I just tried to book it and it didn't come up at the BOGO as listed on my planner (I received an email and got very excited). I called Royal and they said the email accidentally went out a day early and the sale won't start until tomorrow. I asked if the price will go up from the current $43 I am seeing for my Harmony sailing overnight to compensate for the sale and he said YES!!! He explained that the current price of $43 is a discount of 21% per person and the price will go back to the normal $55 price, and then give the 50% off the second passenger which will be a slightly larger discount overall. I tried to get him to give me the discount off the price I am currently seeing since I received the email but he wouldn't do it. I would like to hear if anyone else had a different outcome!!! If you do please post and let others know!

Oh wow! That sucks.

I booked the $43 per day discount the other day for my March Anthem cruise. I also used $100 onboard credit towards my deluxe drink package. If I cancel and rebook with the BOGO will I lose my onboard credit??

As soon as you cancel the OBC will automatically reappear on your cruise planner.

Interesting. I just booked my DLX Beverage packages and noticed the banner on the page said BOGO but it said that the price was reflecting the discount. I will have to check tomorrow now to see if the overall price is better.

Definitely check tomorrow!!! I actually called twice, and was given the same answer by two different people that the sale won't start until tomorrow and they wouldn't give me the price today....

We are on Brilliance next Feb & the Deluxe was listed at $55 pp when we booked. Then there was a set sail sale last weekend. Price came down to $48. I purchased it & then checked back after the sale. Price came down to $45! Yes, I cancelled & rebooked. Today I checked & the new sale is posted, but it's still $45 pp. Website says it's buy one get 1/2 off second. When I do the math, I get $41.25, not $45 pp assuming the price is going back to $55 pp. Guess I have to keep checking!

I am confused by this offer. We are on Freedom 1/6/18 and the original price is 56 pp and it's been on sale for few days at 43 pp. Now they are showing it as Buy One Get One 50% off. So I thought it would reduce the cost further. It looks like they are advertising the same sale a different way maybe because they are saying you only get this deal by buying for both in cabin.

No BOGO for Anthem February, 2018 sailing either, but whatever the sale was last week ( went from regular $55 to $44 and then to $41 but each adult in a room must book).

Actually, $41 per person per day is the same as Buy One Get One at 50% Off at a full price offer $55 per person per day.

The other day I cancelled and rebooked drink packages for our March 5-day Navigator cruise when the price unexpectedly dropped to $41/day (thanks to the CC members who posted about the drop in price!). Today the BOGO is showing for that cruise, but the price remains the same as $41/day(prior to taxes/gratuity). So no savings for me!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I just hung up with RC. I previously bought the drink package for 2 at $44 per day for a 6 night Freedom sailing 1/27/18. I was told today that the buy one get one 50% off sale is based on the drink package price of $58.00 per day. I was told yesterday that the sale will be based on $55 per day. hmmm. I will try calling later as I was on the phone for approx. 1 hour already.

I just hung up with RC. I previously bought the drink package for 2 at $44 per day for a 6 night Freedom sailing 1/27/18. I was told today that the buy one get one 50% off sale is based on the drink package price of $58.00 per day. I was told yesterday that the sale will be based on $55 per day. hmmm. I will try calling later as I was on the phone for approx. 1 hour already.

That's called Dynamic Pricing!

We sail HOS 4/21 and I just looked and I don't have the offer for the deluxe drink pkg BOGO. Hmmmmmm??????????? I wonder if the promotion hasn't been loaded yet.

It's not showing up for my May 12 harmony sailing. :mad::mad::mad:

When I add this to my cart, it is showing as $45/pp. I called and they said that the price already reflects a discount and the discount is off of "onboard pricing". To get to $45/pp including discount, that would mean they would have to be basing it on a base line price of $60/pp. I told them it seems wrong to me but the person on the phone wasn't very helpful. At this point I'm not sure if this is just a badly marketed deal or if there is a problem with the system and the price isn't correct yet.

When I add this to my cart, it is showing as $45/pp. I called and they said that the price already reflects a discount and the discount is off of "onboard pricing". To get to $45/pp including discount, that would mean they would have to be basing it on a base line price of $60/pp. I told them it seems wrong to me but the person on the phone wasn't very helpful. At this point I'm not sure if this is just a badly marketed deal or if there is a problem with the system and the price isn't correct yet.

I suspect there's no problem with the system, they are just pulling those discount numbers out of you know where.

It's a typical RCI "sale" meaning the "sale" price is close to the normal price. On our liberty sailing it's a $41 pp right now, which is a good price, but I don't have the funds to spend on it right now.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

I just got off the phone with them after having to speak to two different reps and be put on hold for a total of approx. 30 mins. The first person told me the original price was $64.50/person, which I don't believe is correct. The second person stared out telling me the 50% discount was based on an original price of $54/person, which if you figure it out, comes to $40.50/person with the 50% discount. She was insisting it still calculated out to $43/person. When I explained the math and told her it was incorrect, she said she had to put me on hold. After waiting at least 15 mins., she then explained that the discount is actually based on $58/person, which she said is the amount you would pay for the package if you were on the ship. This is ridiculous. I think the way this is worded is very misleading and confusing and it sounds to me like they're just trying to come up with whatever figures they can to justify the price listed on the site. The $43/person price was already on sale last week. Now they've added the 50% off the 2nd person, yet the price is still $43. So they're basically offering the same exact sale and have added additional wording to make it more confusing.

... it sounds to me like they're just trying to come up with whatever figures they can to justify the price listed on the site. ... .

Yes, same thing I mentioned in post #19, except you are nicer.:)