This is crazy

Drill2dk

Thats your prerogative, at it is noble. However you will have a hard time getting there, and you should not drink the water. You are thinking about the island you knew, not the one that is there now. Be safe. Hopefully you are true and give money and maybe help some local rebuild.

I want to do a survey who think its right to go to theses islands so soon after the hurricane. Is it also right for RCL not to give us a choice. If you agree with me tell me and call RCL cooperation at 305-539-6455.

Let me hear it for those that agree.

PS lets keep it friendly

Thats your prerogative, at it is noble. However you will have a hard time getting there, and you should not drink the water. You are thinking about the island you knew, not the one that is there now. Be safe. Hopefully you are true and give money and maybe help some local rebuild.

Having spoken to a business owner there who is friends with other business owners, they are in need of the cruises. He said that. Not me. So you just go ahead and talk about something that the people who live there know more about than you. They want the ships to come, they are getting ready for them, they need the money. Humanitarian efforts are still on going, and RCCL has sent many ships with supplies and such. I am forward enough to say they are probably still going to pack things to help on any cruise that goes there to leave there and help. it is a common practice. So stay on your high horse and assume what I know they have been saying there is wrong, but hey are in need of monetary and donations are not going to put food on the table for many

Beachnative you must be kidding! You are not going to have the opportunity to do as you say. You can pretend that all is good but in reality all is bad. I have all ready donated money to the island through my kids school. I know for a fact that the island is in dismay. The beaches will not be open - forget Orient Beach! Fight it all you want you are going into a war zone and will only be in the way. Your memories forever of this island will be tainted once you see what is really going on. The videos that were posted on another thread are a fabrication of what was... not what is. They will recover if Royal steps it up like they did with St. Thomas. That is NOT the case here. Hotels are CLOSED!! My visit on a cruise ship is not opening the hotels any sooner. T H I N K!

OP, you are entitled to your opinion. Here is mine: my cousin and her husband and his family live in St. Maarten. There was some damage to the pier area but they are presently receiving cargo ships there. There was damage to the island, of course, but they have electricity and cell service, and the stores are open for business. They want the tourism dollars to return.

OP Drill 2dk and others - if you are merely speculating and assuming about things, please do not do so if you really don't know. My cousin says most things are fine and ready. While what happened is a tragedy, they are getting on with business. While things are certainly not perfect, they will be all right.

This is rather cons ending. You do not know my cruise history and my history of giving. The “hopefully you are true and give money” is especially so.

As far as “hard time getting there”, you must not know St. Martin well. If the boat shuttle is not running from the pier to Phillipsburg the walk to the city is doable even for someone my age.

“You are thinking about the island you knew, not the one that is there now” shows your immaturity.

Im know many couple who live and owns a store by orient beach. So I know what they are saying. I also know a family that live in Puerto Rico, who is now living in US, due to poor conditions. They are older and have not had electricity since the storm.

Beachnative, no offense towards you. Don't make this about you. Im trying to offend you. Im stating a position. Don't get frustrated. I have been to islands over 20 times in past 5 years. I could drive most of the island. I love the island, I have friends that live and work there. Im just stating its to soon to go back. We need to give them time. RCL is putting passenger safety at risk. It has only been month.

... I am happy to donate money and or what ever is needed. RCCL should continue to support the island financially. My issue is that it seems to be too soon. Let the island heal.

RCCL playing the old bait and switch game is offensive. Don't trap me into an itinerary that I don't want my very young children to see just because RCCL says so. It should be my choice not my deposit that I lose. Shame on you RCCL...it's TOO SOON!

Call...I did!

Here is a solution for you. When the ship docks at the damaged ports, donate money directly to the islanders and stay on board as just another sea day. So that you are helping to rebuild the islands and in the mean time, you and your young children will not see the unfortunate locals.

Edited by spacetraveler

Im so confused, why is that nobody care about donating money and time. RCL has allot of money there stock is over 120. They can easily make new ships, why can't they help out the islands.Why is RCL the only cruise liner that is going back now?

What on earth? They have sent several ships full of supplies to the islands. They have been helping people suffering on the islands for weeks. They have a history of doing that for areas affected by hurricanes and other natural disasters for years. What more do you want from them?

If you want to donate your money and time, then do so. No one is stopping you. They’re certainly doing more to help the people of St. Maarten and PR by helping to keep businesses there in business, instead of you just complaining.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Beachnative if we are talking immaturity that would be significant of your posts. People are concerned. If you are not concerned than so be it. Why pick on Drill2dk? Go walk around St. Maarten handing out $100 bills. People are suffering and need time to rebuild. This is MY vacation not yours. Everyone knows someone but it's interesting that to make a point people say that their good friends are down there and are ready for cruise ships and all is good. Contact the islands governments who in reality tend to differ in the "all is good in St. Maarten and San Juan" theory. If you don't want to call corporate with your concerns than fine. But don't give your childish bully like remarks and expect that people will appreciate them. I for one do NOT!!

Here is a solution for you. When the ship docks at the damaged ports, donate money directly to the islanders and stay on board as just another sea day. So that you are helping to rebuild the islands and in the mean time, you and your young children will not see the unfortunate locals.

Perfect solution - in addition, soccergirl1 can teach her young children about the true meaning of giving.

By February or March "We will have a very nice tourism product to offer to our visitors. This is quote from the tourism minister of the island in Tavel weekly. So why is RCL going back in December?

Call RC and ask them. Report back what you were told.