This is crazy

Drill2dk

We have cruiised to St Martin with Gil and Gail ( BeachNative) several years ago on Enchantment. We met on a private excursion organized by Steve ( Mr Bungle) who hired Gizmo for our tour.

We have used Giz twice more since then. I heard from Mrs Cigar King ( on same tour) that Gizmo was fine with just a bit of damage to his apt. He is ready to continue his tours again.

Having met Gil and Gail and knowing a bit about this lovely and generous couple, there is no doubt in my mind that they will do as they said. Even pass out $100's.

This Island really needs the cruise ships to return.

Vicki & Jerry

I really think it's enough now! Some of the comments are getting really silly and way off topic pharaoh - your comment shows that you didn't even take the time to read the original posts.

I am scared to return from what I am reading and seeing - that is MY opinion. If you too are concerned than call corporate and voice your opinion 305-539-6688.

People feel like they have been had. Usually Royal will allow you to push off a date of a cruise if you have any issues...any!! Now they are saying stay or lose 50%. That is crazy! No one should have to lose all that money when that was NEVER the policy. If all is good than Royal would allow people to pick another itinerary but that's not the case. Instead they are using bullying tactics to keep you on board - - holding 50% of your money. I realize that they want to go back but it should be my decision if I want to and it's not. I want to have a chance to do what is right for MY family. You do what you want! I think it's too soon to go back to St. Maarten and San Juan and if RCCL thought in reality that their decision to go back was the right one than they would allow people who differ in opinion to change their itinerary and not do the - - We Are All In This Together - - because really we are not!!And yes we are concerned about our vacations as are you golden6911 or you wouldn't be on Cruise Critic at 9:30pm on a Sunday night but instead you would be on https://www.********.com/hurricane-relief-fund-sint-maarten.

I really think it's enough now! Some of the comments are getting really silly and way off topic pharaoh - your comment shows that you didn't even take the time to read the original posts.

I am scared to return from what I am reading and seeing - that is MY opinion. If you too are concerned than call corporate and voice your opinion 305-539-6688.

People feel like they have been had. Usually Royal will allow you to push off a date of a cruise if you have any issues...any!! Now they are saying stay or lose 50%. That is crazy! No one should have to lose all that money when that was NEVER the policy. If all is good than Royal would allow people to pick another itinerary but that's not the case. Instead they are using bullying tactics to keep you on board - - holding 50% of your money. I realize that they want to go back but it should be my decision if I want to and it's not. I want to have a chance to do what is right for MY family. You do what you want! I think it's too soon to go back to St. Maarten and San Juan and if RCCL thought in reality that their decision to go back was the right one than they would allow people who differ in opinion to change their itinerary and not do the - - We Are All In This Together - - because really we are not!!And yes we are concerned about our vacations as are you golden6911 or you wouldn't be on Cruise Critic at 9:30pm on a Sunday night but instead you would be on https://www.********.com/hurricane-relief-fund-sint-maarten.

https://www.st-maarten.com/index.php/581-st-maarten-st-martin-3-0/1248-sxm-not-destroyed

I want to do a survey who think its right to go to theses islands so soon after the hurricane. Is it also right for RCL not to give us a choice. If you agree with me tell me and call RCL cooperation at 305-539-6455.

Let me hear it for those that agree.

PS lets keep it friendly

Either give this up or learn to type properly.

Im so confused, why is that nobody care about donating money and time. RCL has allot of money there stock is over 120. They can easily make new ships, why can't they help out the islands.Why is RCL the only cruise liner that is going back now?

where would you ever get the idea that Royal has not helped the islands?

I felt like it was wrong to go to these islands before my cruise on Adventure last week. I do not have the kind of money where I could cancel and lose the money. That being said, I cruised last week and am very glad I did. I saw first hand the damage in Sj and spoke to many about the devastation in other parts of PR. I got a view of what they are living with and saw the extent of our help (not enough). The people of the islands we visited were very very happy to see the ships back because their livlihood depends on tourism. I am very proud of what RCI is doing and has done to help the damaged islands. They want us there. I tipped generously and have made a number of donations. I amnot sorry I went and do not feel guilty. My vacation and what is happening in PR and USVI are two separate entities. I really don;t think dunning rcI IS going to make any difference at all JMHO

Royal Caribbean is bringing their ships back to these islands because the local governments want them back. They are not forcing the local governments to take the ships back. Will things be the same as they were, absolutely not, but the economy of these islands need the ships and the passengers back as soon as is reasonable. While I don't agree that the ships should be going back to Puerto Rico yet, it is not up to me to make that decision.

If you are scared, change your plans. Did you take out insurance? If you did, see what it will cover.

I want to do a survey who think its right to go to theses islands so soon after the hurricane. Is it also right for RCL not to give us a choice. If you agree with me tell me and call RCL cooperation at 305-539-6455.

Let me hear it for those that agree.

PS lets keep it friendly

Why didn't you put a poll on this thread with options for folks to vote?

I ABSOLUTELY feel comfortable going. The residents of these islands are asking for tourists to return! These islands depend on tourism for their economy! The tour operators, restaurants, shops, etc. ALL depend on the tourist dollars! They lost income while the tourists couldn't get to the island. Now you are wanting to take away more of their income by asking RC not to go. Many, many people on these boards have stated they have received emails, texts, phone calls, FB messages, etc from folks they know on the islands. The folks are saying "Please come back! We need your tourism $."

The residents of these islands are asking for tourists to return! These islands depend on tourism for their economy! The tour operators, restaurants, shops, etc. ALL depend on the tourist dollars! They lost income while the tourists couldn't get to the island. Now you are wanting to take away more of their income by asking RC not to go. Many, many people on these boards have stated they have received emails, texts, phone calls, FB messages, etc from folks they know on the islands. The folks are saying "Please come back! We need your tourism $."

Im supposed to go on a cruise in the beginning of December. When I did final deposit they had substituted st Martin and Puerto Rico for other islands. Now RCL is saying they will be the first to go back to these ports. I think its horrible, that they would vavaction were so many people are suffering. RCL should be giving money and time for these people to heal. I feel its not cool to be vacationing while people are living without food, power and clean water.

Please call RCL cooperate and tell them this is wrong 305-539-6455.

Something is strange about your posts. Seems like your only objective to increase donations. Your grammar and spelling are also suspicious.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Someones disaster, is not your playground. You should donate money, not check out the sites. If my house was destroyed, I would not want to have you over for dinner. I think the cruise industry has obligation to donate money and help rebuild.

The cruise industry is helping *by continuing to have their cruises*. That is how they bring money in, along with the supplies etc they have brought.

Im so confused, why is that nobody care about donating money and time. RCL has allot of money there stock is over 120. They can easily make new ships, why can't they help out the islands.Why is RCL the only cruise liner that is going back now?

They are helping. By bringing supplies and by bringing people to spend money and to pay port fees.

It's not wrong. These islands depend on tourists. The sooner the better for them. Where do you think their money will come from without tourist $$$$???

Exactky.

there is still dusk to dawn curfew on the French side of the island

No clue if that's true.

WHAT does it have to do with a cruise, though?

There is a reason why the hotels are not open. They are not safe!! My visit is not helping them to rebuild. Stay home and donate money. Don't swim and play in their misery.

Many hotels in SJ are open but many are housing FEMA workers. It's not that they aren't safe. I don't know about SM, but what does it have to do with cruisers?

Glad we cancelled as soon as we saw St Maarten was going to be on our itin...and a hewelry stire was going to be open.

What???

We contacted one of our favorite tour operators in St. Martin to see if they would be back in business by February, when we are scheduled to visit. His reply? That he could be back in business now, but there aren't many hotel visitors and the cruise passengers haven't returned yet. His livelihood and the livelihoods of thousands of others depend on tourists visiting and spending money locally. He can't wait for visitors to return, since it will help the island to rebuild.

Exactly.

At this time, there not able to take on tourism. With an influx of aprox 3500 passenger, on a ship. They don't have the infrastructure to handle it. How many taxi and buses have been destroyed? They have limited gas and power. So I agree we should go back, but first help them rebuild. If you bring people back to soon they won't have such great memories as we do.

SJ is dealing with it.

Taxis are around and working. Gas has nothing to do with a cruise ship.

Going back is HOW many are helping them rebuild.

Believe it or not, many of us would rather help the people in the port areas regardless of what it does to our "memories". Do you know how selfish you sound with that memories statement??

This is MY vacation not yours.

Contact the islands governments who in reality tend to differ in the "all is good in St. Maarten and San Juan" theory.

And another person's vacation is theirs, not yours.

So now we ignore the people trying to make a living and listen to the govt??

And isn't that the same govt that is agreeing with Royal that they should come back?

Not to mention that no one is saying it's all good, but that they need their livelihood.

Your memories forever of this island will be tainted once you see what is really going on.

Again with the selfish memories concept?

(Totally messed up the quote, sorry)

1. I am scared to return from what I am reading and seeing - that is MY opinion.

2. Usually Royal will allow you to push off a date of a cruise if you have any issues...any!! Now they are saying stay or lose 50%. That is crazy! No one should have to lose all that money when that was NEVER the policy.

3. I want to have a chance to do what is right for MY family.

1. Yes it's your opinion. And you aren't getting that everyone else gets to have opinions, too, and that their opinions don't mean they are trolls.

2. That has never been a policy. After final payment if you cancel you lose a certain percentage.

3. Them cancel. That's what's best for your family.

I love the island, I have friends that live and work there. Im just stating its to soon to go back. We need to give them time. RCL is putting passenger safety at risk. It has only been month.

If you think it's all so unsafe, I'm not sure you do actually love it so much. You don't seem to trust the people on the island much!

Im know many couple who live and owns a store by orient beach. So I know what they are saying. I also know a family that live in Puerto Rico, who is now living in US, due to poor conditions. They are older and have not had electricity since the storm.

They were always living in the US.

But if they are on the mainland right now, of course they don't have electricity since there's no one home. And how would they know when it comes back on?

Oh! One or two posts talked about having people over after a home being destroyed or damaged.

If I had a B&B and it was my income, the very moment I had a room available I would want people to come back. Even if it was MY bedroom and I had to sleep in a tent. Because that's how I make my money, by having people there to stay at my home.

If I didn't have a tourism job then I could be more relaxed about it. But if my job was literally at a touristy area and directly involved tourists, heck yes I want the tourists back!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It is obvious that you have not been following what has been going on in the island. RCL and the other major cruise lines have been heavily involved in providing assistance and aide.

You may not want to invite guests to your less than perfect house. But why insist that everyone else has to be like that?

The islands want tourists back as soon as possible. We are their livelihood. Those of you bashing RCI should be ASHAMED OF YOURSELVES. Yes, I meant to shout! Have you idiots seen what RCI has done to help the relief efforts????? Google it, I'm not wasting my time trying to spoon feed it to you. But I will say it's been phenomenal

Sent from my K88 using Forums mobile app

Someones disaster, is not your playground. You should donate money, not check out the sites. If my house was destroyed, I would not want to have you over for dinner. I think the cruise industry has obligation to donate money and help rebuild.

That may be your opinion that it is too soon for RCI to visit St. Maarten. As stated in numerous posts below, the people of St. Maarten do not agree with your position. They want the cruise ships to return ASAP.

If you do not want to take the cruise, don’t. Donate your portion instead. But do not preach to the rest of us.