Is the dining room open for lunch on Anthem on embarktation day?

dvond

According to the Compass Cafe270 is open. Personally, I've decided to eat at Chops for lunch. It's $19 but I feel like treating myself. It's just me and my children under 6 who can eat off tthekids menu for free. I'm looking forward to this indulgence on the first day.

We always try to avoid the buffet and hoping we can on the 1st day as we have done on other cruises?

Thanks!

Just off Anthem Saturday....as other's above have said no MDR open on day one....but what was :

Cafe@Two70.....11:00am-3:00pm...and 4:00pm-5:00pm

Windjammer.....11:00am-3:00pm

Coastal Kitchen.....11:30am-1:30pm (GS guests & above and Pinnacles)

Solarium Bistro.....11:30am-2:30pm

Snacks....

Johnny Rockets....11:00am-3:00pm ($)

La Patisserie....10:30am-11:00pm ($)

Sea Plex Doghouse......11:00am-3:00pm and 4:00pm-9:30pm

Sorrento's Pizza.....11:00am-1:00am

Michael's Pub....4:00pm-12:30am ($)

Promenade Cafe...24 hours

Room Service...starts on day one at 5:00pm-6:00am ($)

Just off Anthem Saturday....as other's above have said no MDR open on day one....but what was :

Cafe@Two70.....11:00am-3:00pm...and 4:00pm-5:00pm

Windjammer.....11:00am-3:00pm

Coastal Kitchen.....11:30am-1:30pm (GS guests & above and Pinnacles)

Solarium Bistro.....11:30am-2:30pm

Snacks....

Johnny Rockets....11:00am-3:00pm ($)

La Patisserie....10:30am-11:00pm ($)

Sea Plex Doghouse......11:00am-3:00pm and 4:00pm-9:30pm

Sorrento's Pizza.....11:00am-1:00am

Michael's Pub....4:00pm-12:30am ($)

Promenade Cafe...24 hours

Room Service...starts on day one at 5:00pm-6:00am ($)

Thank you! The Cafe270 menu was interesting looking online.did you happen to eat there at all?

We always try to avoid the buffet and hoping we can on the 1st day as we have done on other cruises?

Thanks!

I agree its complete KAOS, but for us its like tradition :) ... Always let me DW go first while I save our seat

I am looking forward to trying Jamies for lunch

I was on the same cruise as Ashland and I made my way straight to 270 upon boarding and grabbed a roast beef sandwich and chips and took it to the bar to enjoy with the view. In addition to the roast beef sandwiches, Cafe 270 also has a case full of sandwiches right as you walk in that they will throw on the panini grill and heat up or microwave as needed.. over the week I had a rueben and a cuban sandwich which were both very good.

Thank you! The Cafe270 menu was interesting looking online.did you happen to eat there at all?

Yes we did a couple of times...however the eating area... has a few high-top tables near the door but other wise it's a large venue much more conducive to shows etc like Spectra's Cabaret show...and not really set up for eating...I was a bit surprised.....I guess I was expecting something more along the lines of Park Cafe.

Yes we did a couple of times...however the eating area... has a few high-top tables near the door but other wise it's a large venue much more conducive to shows etc like Spectra's Cabaret show...and not really set up for eating...I was a bit surprised.....I guess I was expecting something more along the lines of Park Cafe.

thanks!

Cafe 270 is a great place for lunch, but gets very busy on embarkation day. There is a large communal table, 20ish seats, right by the entrance to the Cafe. There are a lot of high top tables as you exit the cafe and enter 270 itself. There are also a lot of lower tables for 4 that are right along the back of the venue.

We ate at 270 and fortunately got there before the line did. The food was fine, the sandwiches are on the small side so if you have a bigger appetite you might want to order two. They will give you slices of roast beef if you don't want the bread. They have a variety of salads which are made to order, and soup. There's also a coffee bar in the cafe. We got specialty coffees with alcohol, very yummy, our package didn't show up when they swiped our cards but told us the charges would be removed later which was the case. You can eat anywhere in 270 so feel free to move down to the lower areas if the tables are full. It's a beautiful venue. When we arrived there was no line, when we finished it was backed up to Vintages so you may want to go there directly when you board.

• 2 weeks later...