Drinks in our room

dizzyc

Hi we have booked a premium all inclusive package on the Epic and although we will likely sit in the bars at night and drink I would also like to have a glass or two of wine on my balcony in the evening (we've never had a balcony before). Is it just a case of getting a drink at the bar and taking it to your room, could we take two glasses each or is it a one drink policy? I take it you can't have a whole bottle? Or can it be ordered as room service? Just wondered what most people do, thanks x

Hi we have booked a premium all inclusive package on the Epic and although we will likely sit in the bars at night and drink I would also like to have a glass or two of wine on my balcony in the evening (we've never had a balcony before). Is it just a case of getting a drink at the bar and taking it to your room, could we take two glasses each or is it a one drink policy? I take it you can't have a whole bottle? Or can it be ordered as room service? Just wondered what most people do, thanks x

You can each get two glasses from the bar and you can buy a bottle at a 20% discount. You can also bring wine on at embarkation for a $15 corkage fee (although as mentioned in my trip report, my wife walked on with 3 bottles we picked up in Greece and nobody even attempted to take them from us to hold until the end of the cruise :) ).

You can stop by a bar and a glass of wine to take to your room. On my last cruise we were able to get 2 drinks per card but now it appears they only do one.

You can’t get a bottle of wine (as previous poster mentioned I believe you can purchase a bottle at a discount) and you can’t order drinks from room service.

Another option is that you could bring a few bottles of wine into the ship with you. You pay a $15 per bottle charge to bring them on, but it may still be cheaper than buying a bottle onboard.

Think most people bring a glass back to the room with them and then headed back out earlier and have the second drink at the bar.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You can stop by a bar and a glass of wine to take to your room. On my last cruise we were able to get 2 drinks per card but now it appears they only do one.

You can’t get a bottle of wine (as previous poster mentioned I believe you can purchase a bottle at a discount) and you can’t order drinks from room service.

Another option is that you could bring a few bottles of wine into the ship with you. You pay a $15 per bottle charge to bring them on, but it may still be cheaper than buying a bottle onboard.

Think most people bring a glass back to the room with them and then headed back out earlier and have the second drink at the bar.

You can order drinks from room service, but you will be charged for them.

Sorry to jump in, but I had brought a bottle

of Choco Vine onboard

On Princess and Carnival which is a chocolate wine.....it is a screwcap and I am assuming i am not charged

Cork fee because it is screw top for NCL?

It's a $15 screwage fee since there's no cork. ;)

Sorry to jump in, but I had brought a bottle

of Choco Vine onboard

On Princess and Carnival which is a chocolate wine.....it is a screwcap and I am assuming i am not charged

Cork fee because it is screw top for NCL?

Coarkage fee = service charge

yes if we do not have a bottle in our cabin for some reason we just head to a bar on our way back to the cabin. Then as soon as we get to our cabin go get another or we just have one before going to bed. It works well. Another thing we have learned, an extra $ tip for a glass, after a few times the bar tender will remember you and fill you glass a lot fuller than normal.

We just got off the Sun and had UBP. Wine was offered as a single glass or glass and half option. We usually opted for the larger glass size. Although we paid the Service Charge when booking we always left 1 or 2 dollars additional. We tried to frequent the same bar and found the service outstanding after the first visit. (Stay away from the pool bar, most drinks are served in a plastic cup) In the evenings we stopped at the same bar for a Hennessy and always received a generous amount in a Brandy Snifter. The bartender always had 2 glasses set aside for us and when we walked in he filled them immediately. A little kindness and respect for the hard working staff on cruise ships goes a long way to making your cruise so much more enjoyable.