Anytime Dining on Royal

dznymom

We are very excited to be leaving next weekend for our 2nd Princess cruise. We absolutely loved our Grand cruise earlier this year, and expect there will be many more as we phase out some other lines :p

One thing that really helped our Grand cruise was knowing which dining room switched from traditional to ATD around 7:30. We had almost no line the first night, got a lovely table for 2 and fell in love with our servers. The maitre'd offered to reserve our table at that time for the remainder of the cruise. We enjoyed the MDR experience more than we have on any ship for many, many years.

So, I guess my question is, would I be likely to have a similar experience on the Royal? Is there a particular dining room and time we should go to on the first night? Are there any hints for getting the best experience?

Also, what are the chances they be offering wine packages of some sort on this cruise? We aren't big drinkers but I sure enjoy wine with dinner:hearteyes:

Is there anything super special about the Regal that I need to know?

Thanks in advance!

There will be a similar dining situation on the Royal. It will be listed in the Patter.

Wine packages are offered on cruises longer than 7 days.

I can't comment yet on the Royal but am sailing on her soon. I'm planning on visiting the Ocean Terrace Bar... Chili crab margarita is calling me!

Symphony DR, deck 5 mid ship, opens for ATD at 5:00 and remains open all evening.

Concerto DR, deck 6 mid ship, opens for ATD at 7:30.

Our experience on the Royal is that you can get seated almost immediately in either one of these DR's if you want to dine at 7:30 or later.

There will be a similar dining situation on the Royal. It will be listed in the Patter.

Wine packages are offered on cruises longer than 7 days.

I can't comment yet on the Royal but am sailing on her soon. I'm planning on visiting the Ocean Terrace Bar... Chili crab margarita is calling me!

Is that covered by the Premium Drink Package ???:cool:

Is that covered by the Premium Drink Package ???:cool:

No, it isn't since it isn't a drink, rather a crab appetizer. Have a great cruise! Are you on the Nov. 5 cruise? If so, arrive at the pier by 2:30 p.m. it will be bedlam before then, since Coast Guard inspections are done after the TA.

Had you read my post, you would know that I answered that question.

Is there some reason your posts are always so rude?

If you look at the time stamps of the posts in this thread, Mr. voljeep asked his question

before you posted your clarification that what you were speaking about was not a drink.

Or, maybe he was simply joking.

We just off the Royal from a Med cruise and the Concerto dining room rolled over at 8.

That said, early TD in the Concerto was at 6 and to me it looked like they started filling empty tables as early as 7.

Check the Patter for the exact time but you can always check earlier. Obviously depends on how crowded the dining room is

Is there some reason your posts are always so rude?

If you look at the time stamps of the posts in this thread, Mr. voljeep asked his question

before you posted your clarification that what you were speaking about was not a drink.

Or, maybe he was simply joking.

A tually, he was quoting my response, which contained the answer...

Sorry I didn't get back to this post before it devolved into whatever it is now, but with the storm we lost our internet & my response got lost in space. Sooo...

Thanks for the information. I think we will try the Concerto dining room the first night, and if we like it I'll see if the maitre'd will hook us up for the whole cruise. If not, we'll give Symphony a whirl the second night and go from there.

Oooh, I think I need to check out the Ocean Terrace Bar for a chili crab margarita! That sounds quite delightful.

We are on the Nov 5th cruise, so unlike our normal routine we will wait to head over until 2:30. Luckily the boat show is in town so that will keep us (or my husband at least - I will have ants in my pants) entertained until it is time.

Thanks again to the folks that responded to my query :)

We are very excited to be leaving next weekend for our 2nd Princess cruise. We absolutely loved our Grand cruise earlier this year, and expect there will be many more as we phase out some other lines :p

One thing that really helped our Grand cruise was knowing which dining room switched from traditional to ATD around 7:30. We had almost no line the first night, got a lovely table for 2 and fell in love with our servers. The maitre'd offered to reserve our table at that time for the remainder of the cruise. We enjoyed the MDR experience more than we have on any ship for many, many years.

So, I guess my question is, would I be likely to have a similar experience on the Royal? Is there a particular dining room and time we should go to on the first night? Are there any hints for getting the best experience?

Also, what are the chances they be offering wine packages of some sort on this cruise? We aren't big drinkers but I sure enjoy wine with dinner:hearteyes:

Is there anything super special about the Regal that I need to know?

Thanks in advance!

I don't know if you'll see this before you leave, but since you will be on the Regal and enjoy wine with dinner I would recommend the Winemaker's Table. $40 per person, call the dine line once you are in your cabin. Great meal with free flowing wine paired to the meal.

So sorry for the confusion. Not sure why I put Regal in my post - maybe wishful thinking for next time?

I am definitely sailing on the Royal & sitting here in the Renaissance biding my time. I Am very jealous of the folks heading over to the Regal now which is docked right outside my window!

Edited by dznymom
Typos