Drink Coupon Books

ocbaylady

I know they are trying to lure cruisers from other cruise lines but they are gonna have to up their game tremendously on all fronts. This is our first MSC cruise and for us to leave our other favorite cruise lines (NCL, Disney, Princess) for good or even for another cruise they have to be on par with those other 3.

Well, to avoid disappointment please don´t compare. MSC is the favourite cruise company in Europe not for it´s customer service, we all regular MSC cruisers know here it will be ranked last on the seven seas and we don´t care :cool:

This is a common rule not only for US pax, also for British, German, Chinese, whatever: If you are boarding MSC you are leaving your home country and enter Italy. And Italy lifestyle and Italy cuisine has a great reputation for a reason, I really love it. NCL or Disney sell the US-american lifestyle, this is not a question about being "on par", it is a different world.

Well, to avoid disappointment please don´t compare. MSC is the favourite cruise company in Europe not for it´s customer service, we all regular MSC cruisers know here it will be ranked last on the seven seas and we don´t care :cool:

This is a common rule not only for US pax, also for British, German, Chinese, whatever: If you are boarding MSC you are leaving your home country and enter Italy. And Italy lifestyle and Italy cuisine has a great reputation for a reason, I really love it. NCL or Disney sell the US-american lifestyle, this is not a question about being "on par", it is a different world.

I enjoyed reading your comments. We are first time MSC cruisers having cruised many times with all the main companies. We are looking forward to "entering Italy".

Many years ago we did a TA on the Costa Romantica. We loved it, it was Italy afloat. We enjoyed it so much we booked a Caribbean cruise a few months later on the Costa Atlantica. So disappointed. It was not the same at all. It was obvious they were trying to emulate US cruise lines and cater to US passengers. They only succeeded in providing a second rate Princess /Celebrity /RCI experience. Bella Italia it wasn't! So when I read your comments I was delighted. We're going with high hopes and open minds [emoji3]

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

............It was obvious they were trying to emulate US cruise lines and cater to US passengers. They only succeeded in providing a second rate Princess /Celebrity /RCI experience.

I often get the sense that MSC has done the same with Divina from reviews and comments I read here. I'm looking forward to finding out for myself, in March 2019, how different it is onboard to the other times I've sailed on her (both Med cruise and a Grand Voyage) .

I enjoyed reading your comments. We are first time MSC cruisers having cruised many times with all the main companies. We are looking forward to "entering Italy".

Many years ago we did a TA on the Costa Romantica. We loved it' date=' it was Italy afloat. We enjoyed it so much we booked a Caribbean cruise a few months later on the Costa Atlantica. So disappointed. It was not the same at all. It was obvious they were trying to emulate US cruise lines and cater to US passengers. They only succeeded in providing a second rate Princess /Celebrity /RCI experience. Bella Italia it wasn't! So when I read your comments I was delighted. We're going with high hopes and open minds[/quote']

Great to hear, I am sure you will have a wonderful time with this attitude. I have heard also that MSC and Costa try to adopt to the American market with their Carribean cruises. And they TOTALLY adopt to the asian market when sailing from China, nothing what I love is left there.

I have also cruised two times with Celebrity in Europe, yes, we liked it also alot, the service quality was so good, from a European perspective, this is already a little bit sick ;p. This experience I definitely also can recommend, I just don´t know if I am open minded enough to survive a Disney cruise ;) Well if my kids someday force me to do ...

• 2 months later...

@Cruiseguyinorl

Is that "Internal Memo" only in relation to your ship.

Contrary to what you are saying Sinfonia DurbanSA to Venice ONLY has the Vouchers

and Wine packages. If they had a normal drinks package it is suggested the ship would be drunk dry before it got to the next port.

Edited by Aulanis

• 3 weeks later...

Can someone please clarify if this is indeed the case? It's one of my main reasons for sailing MSC repeatedly - on the Divina my wife and I would regularly buy 3 18-drink voucher books between the two of us, and it was just a bit more alcohol than we could consume in the entire trip. It cost a lot less than "all you can drink", and a lot less than if we were to purchase 54 cocktails at face value. Thinking of booking Seaside for later this year, but with expensive alcohol, that will change my decision.

Can someone please clarify if this is indeed the case? It's one of my main reasons for sailing MSC repeatedly - on the Divina my wife and I would regularly buy 3 18-drink voucher books between the two of us, and it was just a bit more alcohol than we could consume in the entire trip. It cost a lot less than "all you can drink", and a lot less than if we were to purchase 54 cocktails at face value. Thinking of booking Seaside for later this year, but with expensive alcohol, that will change my decision.

Oh I was speaking of the 12 drink booklet you get when you are Fantastica level. Not sure about the 18 drink package.

In any case, I found the drink prices to be quite reasonable compared to other cruise lines.

Purchasing the 18 drink vouchers booklets is no longer an option for the Seaside . There are booklets of 12 vouchers which were a perk for some Fantastica experience bookings. MSC seems to be doing away with the vouchers and only offering the drink packages for purchase .

Interesting- I just checked my booking (July 7) and whereas it does look like that site has gone through an upgrade since last week, I still don't see any vouchers being offered. But thanks for the heads-up. I assume you looked under your booking where it says to "Add dining and beverage"?

Hummer88- awesome news!!!! 18 Drink vouchers now available on March 10th sailing. Call in to book it, I don't see it online.

I called to book coffee package and the rep asked if I would like to add any other drink pacakges, water or 18 drink vouchers---- Yes Yes Yes.

Hummer88- awesome news!!!! 18 Drink vouchers now available on March 10th sailing. Call in to book it, I don't see it online.

I called to book coffee package and the rep asked if I would like to add any other drink pacakges, water or 18 drink vouchers---- Yes Yes Yes.

This is great news! One of the best values in the industry for me. Congrats and enjoy :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just went to purchase the 18 coupon drink package for our Jan.2018 cruise on the Seaside and they are not listed now. They had been there the last time I checked. Do they only sell a limited amount? I am wondering if they will be available onboard. Has anyone else had this happen?

Thanks

No longer available.

You have to call to book it. The rep I spoke to said it is showing up on some sailings, he specifically said March 3 and 10. I checked online after booking it with him on the phone and it doesn't show online to book. One of the quirks of MSC I guess. If you have a different date doesn't hurt to call in an see.

For those of you who are seeing the coupon booklets available either on the website or by calling MSC, are these Caribbean sailings? When I previously spoke to MSC, the rep advised me that they were not going to have these for the Caribbean sailings....mine is scheduled on the Seaside in April. It's been approximately a month or so since I talked to them, so maybe it's changed?

For those of you who are seeing the coupon booklets available either on the website or by calling MSC, are these Caribbean sailings? When I previously spoke to MSC, the rep advised me that they were not going to have these for the Caribbean sailings....mine is scheduled on the Seaside in April. It's been approximately a month or so since I talked to them, so maybe it's changed?

Mar 3, 2018 Seaside Eastern Caribbean. The rep I talked to said they just added them back. I had to call as they did not show up online.

I have to add that the rep I spoke to was extremely polite and helpful. She even double checked to see if the vouchers were per person or per cabin. They are per cabin but I purchased one for me and one for my husband. I also purchased them for my kids and they had to be assigned to each cabin.