Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Four

CCHelp

Thanks Mysty. It’s 4.30am, I can’t sleep, my husband is away for the night having a sleep study, and the cat is looking at me as if I’m mad! Love starting the day with a good laugh.
Oh goodness, the dreaded polysomnogram! It must be too quiet for you to sleep, without the snoring? [emoji6]

Good luck and hope the results are helpful for both of you.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Forums mobile app

Packed up our suitcase for Banff tonight. We fly out at the crack of dawn on Friday so didn't want to leave it until tomorrow. Crazy weather forecast with summer temps on Friday for our arrival, but frigid cold on Sunday with possible snow! Hopefully, we have our bases covered.

Dinner tonight, in the latest edition of "empty the fridge" before vacation, was a deconstructed chicken parm. Chicken thighs, pan-seared without breading, topped with diced tomatoes and melted cheese, served over pasta. In general I don't bread the main ingredient when I make parmigiana recipes, and I like it much better.

i-wrXczsN-L.jpg

Tasty, but not very filling. I think I need a bedtime snack. What goes with my French rosé?

Greetings Coolers! Another cool morning here. I'm actually wearing my winter jacket in the house. ;(

JP..Your meal looks yummy! Safe travels to Banff! Hope you and Chris enjoy the trip! It is beautiful country!

J...I hope your in-flight meal is more of a taste treat!

Today's funny....

34180359_1718039248243099_6853198947352051712_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=55c45b61b90dfdfc5c01404555eac936&oe=5BB77B58

Have a great day all!

Thanks M ...

Just survived the trip from the airport and we have been deposited in our suite. Much to my surprise everything I asked for via special services is here. The suite is prestine - more than I expected.

So to bring coolers up to date. BA dire as usual but I was trying for “ten green bottles” but never made it. Brekkies dire and abandoned but this was what was in the suite.

adfeb12be1835266c7057111f89cb4a7.jpg

b40c09c5658dd45cf7b89eaa939dcc02.jpg

39ae8fc327271f728133fb37eee99416.jpg

Armagnac, vanilla voddy, diet coke, Noily, nuts, pringles, and not Champers but prosseco but you can’t have everything!

75cf9251fae1043e0e7e7643d97afa8f.jpg

At this moment I am unexpectedly happy and not grumpy!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

RP,

thats when you call for the cabana or pool boy, or in this case, the canoe boy.

aren't they the ones with the six pack and great tans? and i dont mean six pack of beer.

Jeff,

so glad to hear you are PLEASED. May it continue and the force be with you.

RP...I would need someone to paddle my canoe as well. Inept at that though not for lack of trying.

J...so very glad to hear that thus far you are not disappointed! This is starting off on the right foot. Best wishes that it continue!

Bummer, Jeff. I can't see any of your pictures. Must be that the site is misbehaving. Glad you are enjoying it so far!

The canoe looks like something we might see tomorrow. Unfortunately the weather goes decidedly downhill after Friday. Saturday is rainy and cooler, and Sunday is single digits C with a chance of snow!

Oh well, maybe we'll stay in and enjoy the wine lists. We packed lots of layers, to cover the contingencies...hopefully!

Sent from my SM-G930T using Forums mobile app

Sshhhh....I'm whispering here.....I don't remember which ship Jeffy's on....don't tell him I didn't remember.....can someone fill me in?!!!((giggle!) oh, and where's he going?....I know, I know, demerits......

Great to see our Jeffers happy so far....but like JP l can’t see the pics!

Mud...he’s on the Whisper from Rome....to Athens...l think! 🙈

JP and Chris...have a wonderful time and safe travels to all.

Love the thought of a canoe M but not brave enough.....😉

Old jalopy back home and going well......😊

Linda, I'm whispering here.....Miss S. has the scoop! Whisper...Rome to Athens with ports Lipari, Trapani, Valetta, Syracuse and Gythion in between.

Miss S. glad to hear the jalopy is hanging in.

Hiya All,

I have no idea what is posting and what isn’t `having paid mesrly $200 for super duper brioadband ti doesn’t appear to wrok.

I’m not bothering with detail, but we are happy and sort of teally happy and contented but we are finding it all really sort of weird since our last trip. Currently around a half of what we order when we eat doesn't turn up but hey ho. Extraordinary customer facing people but untraied, unled and unmanaged.

I met a guy a few minutes ago who said that two thirds of the passengers are from Utility Wharehouse but they are not supposed to tell us that.

Greetings Coolers! Sunshine this morning and forecast calls for warmth! Hope JP and Chris get reasonable weather for their jaunt to Banff!

Today's funny......another "aging" one that I identify with........

76693d599abcd86136a8c4f9d165fc2a.jpg

Have a great day all!

Hi All, from a sunny/cloudy Lipari. I can see the ealier pics. Can everyone else see hem?

Lipari was pretty small and so the combination of the knees playing up and the place meant it a short visit.

The trip is going well and both wifey and I are happy with things generally, largely because we’re not letting small things irritate, but will say that the service is pretty patchy consistently, I won’t bother detailing stuff as it’s just picky but it really feels like the older Silvrsea was more attentive and quick to help and notice detail but that seems rarer now. To be honest anyone expecting superlaitve service, particularly earlier SS customers will notice the difference and possibly be disappointed. Breakfast this morning took around 30 minutes to arrive and was cold. Butter for the toast and milk for the cold tea was a special request as was teaspoons. Staff around the pool seem to busy themselves with things but actually pro-actively taking drink orders seems to be hit and miss.

It’s formal night tonight and I was disussing this with the Grll md and I explained that on the website it states that Med cruises of 7 days or less then formal is optional. He said that this wasn’t true, but it seems weird that the ship is applying different rules than people might expect. It doesn’t effect us because we have pre-booked all nights in the grill and plan to to use that as a back stop if we don’t fancy the main restaurant. The Carvery tonight in the MDR is listed as non-desript ‘fish’!

There are 220 emplyees of utlity comparison business on board and they are obviously not the mix one expects. Loud and sometimes quite boorish and disrespectful to others. One came over to our table outside last night and without asking carried on a conversation with his colleague and took my lighter to light his cigarette. Finesse is a bit thin on the ground with this large group.

Loud conversations boasting that they aren’t paying for anything and they are clearly determined to get there money’s worth and it’s sometimes difficult to get a drink and find somewhere quiet to drink it. The pool takes on a very loud party vibe in the evenings and this morphs SS from what is normally relatively sophisticated vibe and crowd to a rather down market cheap cruise line. It saddens us, and I’m a bit annoyed by it but not enough to do more than shrug and move on. It’s only a cruise and bit of a change of scenery. :)

Edited by UKCruiseJeff

Jeff,

I can see the pictures now, but couldn't before. Lovely basic provisions.

Thanks for keeping us in the loop!

Mysty I laughed at todays funny. I feel so much like one of those people.

I told DH that this is the beginning of the downward spiral. UGH.