Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Four

CCHelp

Bon Voyage Stumblefoot’s,

Hope you have a wonderful cruise!

Have a really great time ....... from Jeff and wifey ....:)
Thank you Sakaara and Jeff.

Wishing you a wonderful cruise:)
Thx and hope to meet you on board!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi .. thanks!

I thought you had specifically arranged your dates because you knew wifey and I were in Vienna for a stelze-fest! :D

I know you're away when we return to Tower Bridge on 18 Sept. But if you're not seaside, we arrive on 7 Sept.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Forums mobile app

Greetings Coolers! Another morning of reading interesting posts. :) It is a comfort to know that our recent sea-faring member and his lovely wife are again ensconced in the comfort of their home.

Mike...I did enjoy your tale of the game of "telephone" where the message is massaged as it moves up the ladder. Thanks for the smile this morning.

Stumblefoot.....Have an awesome sail!

Today's funny......

35238458_1734931443220546_4569277966613217280_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=2d3b0b55b3d8f182a00873f85c443fc0&oe=5BA4EA92

Have a great day all!

Ha! Ha!

As it happens on our return flight we met a couple who we met on our outward flight and he told us that he was so fed up with getting approaches from those idiots that he was going to make a formal complaint if they didn’t stop!

No wine at all for a week or two .... and hopefully virtually carb-free as well!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I haven't organized or even downloaded our Banff pictures yet but I thought I'd post a few from my cell phone. It was beautiful and even though the weather wasn't so good, we did a few hikes and saw lots of pretty scenery. We also ate like piggies and will be paying for that over the next few weeks...

We arrived Friday afternoon and made it to Chateau Lake Louise for evening. After an early dinner, we walked the lake. The weather was still decent at that point...

i-ThZzQpF-L.jpg

i-hkHgF9n-L.jpg

We walked the whole length and took this shot from the "beach" on the far side. Our hotel is off in the distance.

i-p3T6VmL-L.jpg

Another view

i-z9pZb8x-L.jpg

We did a canoe ride the next day. It started raining halfway through. This was the fun before the deluge.

i-c2b7HCS-L.jpg

It is truly a beautiful part of the world up here.

On Saturday we also drove the Icefields Highway northward. We didn't go all the way to Jasper but we went as far as Bridal Veil Falls, which is a short hike down to a viewpoint where the falls erupts from the side of a cliff. Spectacular, except for the dude with a fat head blocking the view!

i-XM73DBH-X2.jpg

Other spectacular scenery along the way included Peyto Lake, with its gorgeous blue color despite the rain,

i-cJSGdkt-L.jpg

And the Howse Peak Lookout at Upper Waterfowl Lake

i-BgrSXkR-L.jpg

Even wrapped in mist, the mountains are beautiful.

On Sunday we drive to Banff, stopping along the way for a waterfall hike at Johnston Canyon. Here are the upper falls.

i-cqJNRnw-X2.jpg

When we arrived in Banff, we took a drive along Tunnel Mountain Road - the views were impressive. So was the wind!

i-4wc2HKn-L.jpg

And before dinner we took the trail to the Bow Falls viewpoint. The mountains were prettier. Bow Falls is a short drop, but an impressive flow. It doesn't look as good in pictures.

i-zfWDGJ9-L.jpg

Then we did a little in the town of Banff on Monday morning and drove back to the airport for our flight home. Loved it and would go back again tomorrow.

The Fairmont hotels were gorgeous and they treated us well. They did get ridiculously crowded though and the large tour groups clogging up the lobby got tiresome after a while. And of course, there are tour buses everywhere you go in the park. The curse of a short tourism season.

Jeff, I agree. She is a cutie. Hard to believe she's put up with me for 23 years now (well, if you count pre-marriage, it's been almost 29).

The local market had chicken wings on sale so we bought a big package. I made some for dinner last night.

Broiled in the oven until crispy, after a coating of olive oil, salt, and pepper. Then tossed in a simple sauce of rice vinegar, hot pepper flakes, and honey.

i-QNzzPtF-L.jpg

i-CSxRTjR-L.jpg

I am mad that I only made a few of them. They would have made a nice snack today!

Just read about your cruise Jeff - how awful, I am really lost for words as although to have problems in a cabin is not great, having the whole ship basically turned into Butlins is unimaginable. Glad you are home for some rest and what looks like some great food - Andrea

Just read about your cruise Jeff - how awful, I am really lost for words as although to have problems in a cabin is not great, having the whole ship basically turned into Butlins is unimaginable. Glad you are home for some rest and what looks like some great food - Andrea

Thanks Andrea .... Butlins would have been preferable because you can at least either check out or have some escape .... :)