Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Four

CCHelp

He makes me so sick:mad:……….he has the ability to stop this (all these children being taken from their parents)

but no, of course not...…..it is "someone else's fault"...….then he gets the information wrong and his WH staff has to put out a new statement saying he is wrong:mad:

Pingualuit Crater Lake, Québec.

Pingualuit ᐱᖑᐊᓗᐃᑦ​ is an Inuit word meaning pimple. Ironically, Pingualuit Crater Lake is said to have the purest freshwater on earth. The crater surrounding the lake was formed by a meteorite over 1.4 million years ago in the Pleistocene Epoch. The meteorite evaporated on impact in an explosion which melted thousands of tons of stone and wiped away all life for hundreds of kilometres around the crater.

Local Inuit people consider this unusually calm place to be a site of extreme power, where one comes to revitalize oneself. In order to protect this unique impact crater, Pingualuit National Park was established in 2004.

Photo Credit: NASA

35415858_1737736276273396_2250998222463959040_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=7f4a4020c2be2fbcd5f5252958d9f4a2&oe=5BB80B17

Our world is beautiful. Let's enjoy what we can of it!

Beautiful photo of the crater lake.

I just can't get the image out of my head where trump, yesterday in a news conference, said he wanted "his people" to revere him as do the people of north Korea revere their "leader"

Good grief, his people?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

To be honest it was much easier in the past and I guess my current total is around 1.4m miles banked.

Unless you are going to take a long view and bank for several years perhaps as a part of a retirement plan then it probably isn’t worth starting out today. If you were, then it is mostly about buying miles when on offer at less than 1p each and only if you plan to use them for First long-haul and are flexible about dates and have an Amex companion voucher in plan. To have as say part of a retirement plan say a trip to Oz for two in First is not a bad aspiration. We have been so fortunate to have all those miles - I’ve spent several million and we’d have never done everything we managed to do without them.

Two years back we had three extended stays in Singapore travelling BA First and many years of two stays and now just down to one trip per year to Singapore. All stays are around three weeks. It has been really wonderful.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This is good advice and I am now hoping to build them up for retirement. Officially in 15 years. Unofficially I'm aiming to at least semi retire in about 3 years . Hopefully!

There are certainly worse places than Singapore to spend three weeks each year, sounds great.

The bank have been great Jeff and really encouraged me to pursue it. I was initially reluctant because the chargeback goes to the TA. They really have been less than useless and the bank said it’s then up to them to pursue SS for the loss.

I Haven’t heard anything back from the TA since I pointed out to her that under the SS contract that they forwarded to me they are specifically our agents and not SS’s.

Dave,

I’ve been reminded that it wasn’t that I hadn’t anticipated the possibility and asked the question .... but I never did receive a reply ......

https://boards.cruisecritic.co.uk/showpost.php?p=54154005&postcount=11

I Haven’t heard anything back from the TA since I pointed out to her that under the SS contract that they forwarded to me they are specifically our agents and not SS’s.

Appreciate this great question here as to whether the travel agent is supposed to be YOUR advocate or not???!!! My sense is some TA's want to be "best friends" on and to both sides. It is these types of situations that test and reveal where their true loyalty exists.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Enjoyed a 14-day, Jan. 20-Feb. 3, 2014, Sydney to Auckland adventure, getting a big sampling for the wonders of "down under” before and after this cruise. Go to:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1974139

for more info and many pictures of these amazing sights in this great part of the world. Now at 204,110 views for this posting.

I can hear you singing J! "Heaven, I'm in heaven,

And my heart beats so that I can hardly speak

And I seem to find the happiness I seek ..."

Enjoy them both! :)

M ... thanks.

I can barely conceal my excitement! :)

I have just ordered several different cumin and fenugrek gouda cheeses from the shop in Amsterdam. I can see some nice crispy bread being made this week in the bread steam oven.

Bill would like frozen Gösser and cumin gouda and some fresh bread ....... :D

M ... thanks.

I can barely conceal my excitement! :)

I have just ordered several different cumin and fenugrek gouda cheeses from the shop in Amsterdam. I can see some nice crispy bread being made this week in the bread steam oven.

Bill would like frozen Gösser and cumin gouda and some fresh bread ....... :D

Now that sounds like quite a cunning plan.

Don’t start me off about bleedin’ cunning plans .......;)

At least I’m not going to have an over-fragrant little chappy let himself in whilst I’m cutting a bit of bread ..... :)

At least he wasn’t trying to sell you gas and electric though Jeff. Did I ask already who is your Broadband provider? [emoji3]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ah yes, definitely a bit further north than I've been in Canada!

The farthest north I've ever been in Canada is Charlevoix and La Mal Baie. Gorgeous territory!! Roberto was summer resident and instructor at Domain Forget. We walked through the loveliest trails and enjoyed the St. Lawrence, close to its mouth towards the sea. We were taken to see whales and it was quite a spectacle! Canadians are justifiably proud of their beautiful country.

Hi friends, I have been out all day......shopping, lunch more shopping (first for clothes then for groceries)………

Did you all see the news about the car that ran into a bunch of people in Moscow?:eek:…….it rammed into the sidewalk...…...if it was any other country it would have been called a "terrorist attack"...…..in Moscow they are calling it an ACCIDENT:eek:……….the news looks terrible......the driver ran out of the car and tried to run away...freaking idiot!!!

So there is a pilgrimage for you J....."Brent Museum and Archives is packed full of Smith's Crisps memorabilia for those wanting to make a crisp pilgrimage." :)

M .... I actually worked for Smiths for a month or so. All I had to do was give away vending machines and the place where they were placed shared the profits with Smiths and I couldn't even do that. I was fired after a while for being so rubbish. Mind you it was probably because I was lazy and didn't do much.

There was some benefits though. All the crisps and Jaffa Cakes I could eat.

(Answered here because people always get grumpy if you are having fun elsewhere ....... :) )