How much to spend for a balcony?

Vitesacd

I'm looking at a balcony stateroom on the breakaway for a 7 day cruise and was wondering if $1100/person (including pre-paid gratuities) is too steep for a balcony cabin? An inside cabin would be $80 less per person. In the past, I've gotten a balcony for ~$700 per person, but that was when NCL allowed deals to be added onto sail-away rates. Should we stick to the balcony or save the money and go for an inside? Also, the cruise won't be until the spring, so can prices drop (christmas/holiday deals) before then?

$560 to upgrade from an inside to a balcony? For me it is a complete no-brainer as well...take the balcony.

Plus $1100/pp for a 7 day Balcony? Our last cruise was $1800 each and our next is even a little more. Where can you get a 7 day for $700 each for a balcony? Am I doing this wrong?

I'm looking at a balcony stateroom on the breakaway for a 7 day cruise and was wondering if $1100/person (including pre-paid gratuities) is too steep for a balcony cabin? An inside cabin would be $80 less per person. In the past, I've gotten a balcony for ~$700 per person, but that was when NCL allowed deals to be added onto sail-away rates. Should we stick to the balcony or save the money and go for an inside? Also, the cruise won't be until the spring, so can prices drop (christmas/holiday deals) before then?

Seems a good price to me.

$560 to upgrade from an inside to a balcony? For me it is a complete no-brainer as well...take the balcony.

Plus $1100/pp for a 7 day Balcony? Our last cruise was $1800 each and our next is even a little more. Where can you get a 7 day for $700 each for a balcony? Am I doing this wrong?

I got the balcony cheap when NCL allowed you to add deals to the sail away rate. So it was 3rd/4th person free with a low sail away rate. When we divided the price among 4 people, it was around $700 per person.

For only 80 bucks a person to get a balcony cabin instead of an inside, that's a no-brainer decision.

Yeah, I figured since the prices were so similar, might as well go for the balcony. Does NCL usually have black friday/cyber monday deals?

We booked our from two weeks ago cruise in January through an online TA. we were able to get 10% back through ebates, gratuities, beverages, and dining for $869 pp. you can always rebook at future reduced rates or better promotions.

All that matters is that it is worth it to you

Yea... that sounds like it to me.

The prices are the prices. The most common room on the ship is a balcony and they will sell for whatever the market will pay for.

I would certainly pay +$80pp to upgrade from an inside to a balcony. The question is if the total package is a good deal. It doesn't matter how small the separation is if the inside prices are dramatically inflated.