Getting Cash at guest servives

Bornbeau

Are you asking if you can cash a check at GS? I believe they will cash a check of up to $200 once per cruise.

There are ATMs on board so you can obtain cash, The fee is either $6.00 or $6.50 per transaction

I should explain more, I am from Canada and have a US charge card and US bank account. I want to get away from carrying large amounts of US cash but do not want to incur a whole lot of charges either as our dollar sucks right now. I was hoping I could draw money on my onboard account and then pay the balance with my US charge card at the end of the cruise. Guess this is not possible.

I should explain more, I am from Canada and have a US charge card and US bank account. I want to get away from carrying large amounts of US cash but do not want to incur a whole lot of charges either as our dollar sucks right now. I was hoping I could draw money on my onboard account and then pay the balance with my US charge card at the end of the cruise. Guess this is not possible.

We are from Canada as well and the amount of US cash we bring with us is certainly lower than years gone by. We do use it in our ports of call for incidentals but use our US$ credit card more frequently now in “off the ship” purchases.

If you want to reduce the bulk created by the US cash, bring larger denominated bills with you together with some smaller bills for tipping, cab fare, etc. You can always break your larger denominated bills for smaller denominations at Guest Relations.

Take some time to re-evaluate exactly how much US cash you want to bring. In our experience, we had tended to bring too much cash with us (better to have it and not need it), and most of the time we brought most of it with us back home. We don’t do that any more.

Sent from my iPad using Forums