Norovirus outbreak on the Crown

CineGraphic

Just got off the Crown Nov 13th. Several notices re novo in rooms and announcements. No problems that I know of. Butter in main dining room was individually wrapped. However, butter in Horizen Court and Cafe was not.

My bed on Caribe was concave! Terrible but steward said it would be replaced in dry dock before heading to Med in 2018.

She needs a extensive rehab......lovely layout, CD excellent, cruisers friendly, but more than a little tired.

Thank you for posting this. I commented earlier on this thread regarding the noro outbreak and wrote this would not deter me from cruising in early 2018. But I have concerns about the condition of the ship. I now know it will be going to dry dock soon after my cruise. Albeit, I received a great deal for this cruise but this does not sound like a ship I want to spend time on nor waste my money for a miserable cruise.

Still have time to cancel and now I may.

Thank you for posting this. I commented earlier on this thread regarding the noro outbreak and wrote this would not deter me from cruising in early 2018. But I have concerns about the condition of the ship. I now know it will be going to dry dock soon after my cruise. Albeit, I received a great deal for this cruise but this does not sound like a ship I want to spend time on nor waste my money for a miserable cruise.

Still have time to cancel and now I may.

I was on the caribe deck for this last sailing and my bed was old. I could actually look at it and see two big low points on each side of it. I still slept great though but they are in great need of new mattresses on that deck!

Thank you. Makes a huge difference to have a great mattress.

Switched to the new Princess beds in the April 28 dry dock according to the Princess website. [emoji108][emoji108][emoji108]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I was hoping earlier. When we were on the Emerald for 35 days, they were doing them each time they were in port, as it would be impossible to dispose of and put all of them in at the same time. When we got on board, we had the new mattress already, they did the suites first they said.

Really hoping someone onboard Crown would know something for sure.

I was on the Crown Nov 8 thru Nov 13, right after the Vessel Sanitation program cleaning. Everything looked normal e.g. no absence of salt and pepper shakers, no xerox menus, etc. They were VERY diligent about making you use Purell before entering the dining room. I did wipe down our room and put the TV remote in a zip lock bag (which I do in all hotels too because a remote is impossible to clean thoroughly.) The second day of the cruise they announced there was no cases of GI illness and no one was in quarantine. Great news.

If you get a concave bed, depending on the mattress type ask for it to be flipped...

The one time we had such a crater, flipping didn't help, they even tried putting a board under it and towels and serving trays to no avail. Wish that would solve the problem for sure if you get a dud.

I was on the Crown Nov 8 thru Nov 13, right after the Vessel Sanitation program cleaning. Everything looked normal e.g. no absence of salt and pepper shakers, no xerox menus, etc. They were VERY diligent about making you use Purell before entering the dining room. I did wipe down our room and put the TV remote in a zip lock bag (which I do in all hotels too because a remote is impossible to clean thoroughly.) The second day of the cruise they announced there was no cases of GI illness and no one was in quarantine. Great news.

Thanks for that review. We board her on Saturday 11/18.

Thank you for taking the time to post this! We wash our hands before we leave the room for dinner and bring sanitizing wipes in case having to shake hands and after we look at the menu.

The one time we had such a crater, flipping didn't help, they even tried putting a board under it and towels and serving trays to no avail. Wish that would solve the problem for sure if you get a dud.

I’ve, heard from PAX’s who bring their own pillows.

Would it help if you brought your own inflatable bed or air mattresses sleep on?

If its that bad they really should replace it with spares (they do carry them in case of unplanned biological incidents).

It's possible if all the spares have been used (they don't carry THAT many for obvious space reasons. In that case there's not much else they can do unless there happens to be an empty cabin to move to or move the mattress from which is rare.

They've been upgrading but for a long time ships did not use the most durable mattresses.

When we were on board we asked and they said they did not have any, that was the best one they had.

We should close this thread. Everything is fine now. Its all in the past.

Just a couple of people boarded the ship (traveling with a large group) a few weeks ago that were already sick but due to policy could NOT CANCEL the cruise so they got others infected, hence the CDC report. this is very common. No matter what ship or line this can happen HENCE always wash your hands for 20 seconds . lots of soap and water and dont touch your face and you will be fine.

As of now. All was perfect

I also just got off this ship, same time.

Everything normal.

Has to be the cleanest ship on the fleet now. Super clean. Only report of sickness was several Sea Sickness and one Swimmers ear according to a nurse I ran into off the record.

These things happen and while the fingers get pointed at the cruise line it's people - crew and passengers alike - that travel when they are sick and then don't follow common sense hygiene strategies. The outbreaks can't be stopped entirely but we all can do what we can to not contribute to the problem.

I’ve, heard from PAX’s who bring their own pillows.

Would it help if you brought your own inflatable bed or air mattresses sleep on?

I suppose it might, but we were just on the Crown a week ago and the bed were very comfy! I was surprised when I heard they were being replaced!