caribian most buitifull beach for swiming sugestion

redmug

Hello everyone,

I need a suggestion on the most beautiful, come and clear water beach on the following islands, just for swimming. I am not interested in any kind of water sports or excursions.

We are going to be in Antigua, Barbados, ST. Lucia, St. Kitts and St Thomas ports.

I also would like to know the best and most economical way to get to the beach: by a taxi, bus, small boat or catamaran and how much would it cost.

Thanks

Redmug, you will get some answers here but the forum for this type of info is the Caribbean ports of call forum. Tons of great information about beaches, things to do, etc for each port stop you will make. Here is the link to that forum for you:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=587

My favorite place on Earth with one and some of the most beautiful beaches is a cab and ferry ride from St Thomas. Find your way to St John. You won’t be sorry.

Price isn’t bad. Roughly $40 round trip with entry to Trunk Bay. It is calm, bath water temperature perfection on an island that is 75% national forest. https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g147411-d147590-Reviews-Trunk_Bay-Virgin_Islands_National_Park_St_John_U_S_Virgin_Islands.html

In Barbados we loved Going to Harbor lights. Great beach, chairs, umbrella, facilities. We did it through cruise line but it’s easy enough to cab it and pay to enter on your own

That was our favorite beach stop on the same itinerary

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello everyone,

I need a suggestion on the most beautiful, come and clear water beach on the following islands, just for swimming. I am not interested in any kind of water sports or excursions.

We are going to be in Antigua, Barbados, ST. Lucia, St. Kitts and St Thomas ports.

I also would like to know the best and most economical way to get to the beach: by a taxi, bus, small boat or catamaran and how much would it cost.

Thanks

Most economical way to the beach is to just walk there. Public transit buses are usually only a dollar or two per person as well, and are offered in some of the ports you mention.

The Ports of Call forum here has lots of great info for Antigua and how to take the bus to these beaches like like Darkwood and Valley Church Beaches. I have not visited either of these yet, but plan to do both of them on our next two cruises that visit Antigua.

In Barbados, go to Carlisle Bay. There are several places like Harbour Lights or the Boatyard you can get passes to, but you can also just park yourself for free on the beach and people will offer you a chair if you want to rent one. We took a cab there for about $5 per person, but I am told you can walk it in 20-30 minutes if you wish to. Check out the Barbados forum for directions if you want to walk it.

St. Lucia - not the best island for beaches. Great for a tour of the island though - lots to see there.

St. Kitts - have not been there yet.

St. Thomas - a bus/taxi to Meagan's Bay is always a good choice for a first visit. There is an entrance fee to the park, about $5 per person I believe. There are other beaches like Coki and Sapphire as well that people recommend. Emerald Beach is the cheapest one to reach, $3 per person by cab, if you dock in Crown Bay. As others have recommended, you can take the ferry to St. John, which has much nicer beaches, but that will cost significantly more.

St. Thomas - a bus/taxi to Meagan's Bay is always a good choice for a first visit. There is an entrance fee to the park, about $5 per person I believe. There are other beaches like Coki and Sapphire as well that people recommend. Emerald Beach is the cheapest one to reach, $3 per person by cab, if you dock in Crown Bay. As others have recommended, you can take the ferry to St. John, which has much nicer beaches, but that will cost significantly more.

But it is worth every single penny, especially if you've never been there and don't think you'll be getting back. The beaches are simply breath taking on St John.

Meagan's Bay has become mobbed in recent years where, if it's not a holiday week, St John is relatively peaceful, especially if you take the "cab" what? one stop past Trunk Bay to Cinnamon Bay it's usually very quiet there with similar accommodations like changing rooms but no fee to get in.

Trunk Bay, St John. I have been to this bay twice, and is the most memorable, and picturesque. I have heard that Jost Van Dyke is great as well, and I think you can get to it from Antigua....but not sure. :D

We have been to all of the previously mentioned beaches...and almost all of them are great. Our favorite remains Jost Van Dyke (Tortola Port Excursion).

But it is worth every single penny, especially if you've never been there and don't think you'll be getting back. The beaches are simply breath taking on St John.

I agree that the beaches in St. John are far superior to the ones in St. Thomas. I am not sure what shape they are in after the hurricanes, but they were some of our favourites in the Caribbean. The OP sounded as though he was trying to do the beaches on a budget, that is why I mentioned St. John being significantly more expensive, especially if paying for a larger family to go there for the day.

Meagan's Bay has become mobbed in recent years where, if it's not a holiday week, St John is relatively peaceful, especially if you take the "cab" what? one stop past Trunk Bay to Cinnamon Bay it's usually very quiet there with similar accommodations like changing rooms but no fee to get in.

I agree Meagan's Bay is usually quite busy. We were there last about 3 years ago and went FAR to the left and basically had the beach to ourselves even though where they drop you off was wall to wall people with 5 or 6 ships in that day. We were looking forward to trying Meagan's Bay again on our next cruise since we were supposed to the only ship in port that day (NCL Dawn) but our stop in St. Thomas has been changed to St. Vincent instead due to the hurricane damage to St. Thomas. meagan's Bay is still a beautiful beach and reasonably economical if not too many ships are in port, you go to the further ends of the beach away from where the taxis drop you, or you do not wish to spend the $40 for the ferry to St. John.