FLL Pre Cruise Hotel - narrowed choice down, but they are booked - need more ideas

Noreen411

Hi

With the cruise coming up soon I was poking around online and found availability surprisingly at embassy suites so I booked it.

I have 3 reservations and need to cancel 2 of them. Which would you choose?

Embassy suites 17th street

Hilton marina

Hyatt airport/cruiseport

Thank you in advance for your feedback

Noreen

Sent from my iPhone using Forums[/

Choose the one that best fits your needs, ie, preferred amenities, proximity to port or restaurants or last minute shopping, ease of getting from airport to hotel, et cet. If it were me, I’d pick the ES.

It’s in a good area. Also, read the recent TripAdvisor reviews to see which property is in better shape and then select.

Thank you

Embassy and Hilton marina get similar reviews.

Some people love them and some hate them

Both are in good locations

I am leaning more towards one of these and less towards hyatt

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

For me it would be Embassy Suites.

Close to shopping and restaurants.

Good hotel and offers a lot of value between the nice breakfast and the evening cocktail reception.

Keith

Lots of good feedback on Embassy suites. I see a lot of cc people stay there.

Location looks to be a great selling point

Thank you

If the price is close, I'd go with Embassy Suites over the marina hotel because of the included things--evening reception and breakfast. It's also more convenient to Publix and Total Wine. But we also have enjoyed our stays at the marina hotel, especially when we're staying more than one night and want to take the water taxi one day. And even when we stay at Embassy Suites, we always walk to the top of the bridge the morning of the cruise to see our ship in port.

If the price is close, I'd go with Embassy Suites over the marina hotel because of the included things--evening reception and breakfast. It's also more convenient to Publix and Total Wine. But we also have enjoyed our stays at the marina hotel, especially when we're staying more than one night and want to take the water taxi one day. And even when we stay at Embassy Suites, we always walk to the top of the bridge the morning of the cruise to see our ship in port.

Hi

Prices are very close

Embassy Suites $286

Hilton Marina $263

I am leaning towards Embassy Suites since that has gotten the most positive feedback

Thank you

I don’t know if it’s like this anymore, but years ago we stayed at Embassy, and the morning of our cruise it was HELL getting out of the hotel. Everybody showed up for breakfast at the same time. Everybody was in the lobby at the same time. Everybody wanted the shuttle at the same time. We finally decided to throw caution to the wind and “splurge” on the ten dollar taxi ride to the port. Embassy was too crowded with cruisers, all wanting to go the same place.

I don’t know if it’s like this anymore, but years ago we stayed at Embassy, and the morning of our cruise it was HELL getting out of the hotel. Everybody showed up for breakfast at the same time. Everybody was in the lobby at the same time. Everybody wanted the shuttle at the same time. We finally decided to throw caution to the wind and “splurge” on the ten dollar taxi ride to the port. Embassy was too crowded with cruisers, all wanting to go the same place.

It was no problem for us to get to the port in a shuttle from this hotel because we chose the 1:00 pm shuttle time. The lobby was empty. Everyone stampedes over to the port around 10:00-11:30

Hi

We will have a rental car so may drop luggage at port, then return car at the airport and take cab to port. Have to figure out if that makes sense or if we should just return car and take cab with luggage to pier.

Also our cruise leaves on a Monday so probably less crowded than most weekends.

Good point! Ours was a Saturday departure, which probably accounts for the mob scene. Hope you have a great trip!

As far as the car goes, we returned the car to the airport and taxied over to the ship on our last trip in January. It worked out fine, but it was a bit of a haul dragging the luggage thru the garage, rental terminal and across the bridge and downstairs to the taxi line (there were no taxis at the rental terminal side when we were there..is this normal?) We have dropped the luggage off at the ship and returned the car to the airport, returning to the ship on the rental car shuttle..that worked out great. But make sure your agency has a shuttle.

Edited by DCT61

Finally decided to go with Embassy Suites.

Thank you all for your help

Good choice. We’ve stayed at many Embassy Suites, including this one, and have always been pleased.

We are a family of 19 so I had to be mindful in my choosing of hotel prior to our Allure cruise in August.

I did a lot of research on here, got help from the regulars, and booked the Riverside Hotel right on Las Olas.

I called the hotel directly and got a better rate than was advertised online for $109 a night. I still research and so far, keeping what I booked, especially since we are mostly adults and on Las Olas.

Oops, sorry I just read the last two posts and see you already booked Embassy Suites. We have stayed there before it is okay. Enjoy your cruise!

Has anyone stayed at the best western Oceanside? That's what I have booked now for my dec cruise. It was just a limitless over100.00 with tax. We have four people and I thought of dropping two of us off in the morning at the port with the luggage and two of us take the car back to FLL. Then taxi or uber back to the port.