I Belize in MAGIC! MITSUGIRLY revisits the Western Route. My Novel.

mitsugirly

Banded butterfly fish and some damsels were also in the area.

PB151625%20copy-L.jpg

We swam along the edge for a little while. She kept motioning me to come out a little. I knew I was close to the edge and the coral. I was very aware of my surroundings. I was being extra careful not to hit anything with my fins...but I was hugging the wall as well. I refused to go out to where she was. I also like to stay close to get the close up pictures. At some point, I managed to get myself up higher on the wall and to the edge. I eased myself up as you go over the top and I would just swim along that area, dipping down over the wall here and there when I seen something of interest. But I felt more comfortable this way instead of completely over the wall. The hubby was watching me and kept asking if I was ok. "thumbs up". I know he was worried because of my expressed anxiety of walls.

PB151628%20copy-L.jpg

PB151629%20copy-L.jpg

PB151632%20copy-L.jpg

Looking down to...nothing....yikes

PB151633%20copy-L.jpg

PB151635%20copy-L.jpg

At one point, when I looked down, I spotted an area that looked like a sand bed down there. It wasn't very much further down. Could it be that this area doesn't drop down very far and you just can't tell because it was so dark and deep blue? Maybe because of the rain above and no sun I just wasn't able to see it today? It did make me feel a little better about the drop in this area.

PB151648%20copy-L.jpg

I absolutely LOVE these little purple sponges. There were so many of them in St Thomas and the color of them are just amazing!

PB151656%20copy-L.jpg

PB151649%20copy-L.jpg

Then I spotted them... the kids above...being held onto by the instructor, which at the time I thought was odd.

PB151659%20copy-L.jpg

At that point, I came back up completely over the wall. I motioned to Andrea to go up. We ended up back toward the top exploring but I would never see the kids again. They were going in the opposite direction.

PB151662%20copy-L.jpg

PB151666%20copy-L.jpg

PB151645%20copy-L.jpg

PB151611%20copy-L.jpg

PB151661%20copy-L.jpg

PB151669%20copy-L.jpg

See the big fish off in the distance that has like a square body and long snout? I can't remember the name of it. Someone help me out..(Robin?) ***edit***Scrawled Filefish is the name. Thanks Robin!

PB151667%20copy-L.jpg

Parrot fish

PB151675%20copy-L.jpg

PB151679%20copy-L.jpg

I'm hearing weird noises...what is that???

More bicolor angelfish (black and yellow) and a royal gramma (purple and orange).

PB151685%20copy-L.jpg

Schoolmaster snapper

PB151684%20copy-L.jpg

Surgeon fish

PB151690%20copy-L.jpg

Blue Tang

PB151692%20copy-L.jpg

I have no idea what this little black and white stripped guy is. I have never seen one with the markings like this.

PB151693%20copy-L.jpg

So many bleached out coral.

PB151704%20copy-L.jpg

PB151707%20copy-L.jpg

WHAT IS THAT NOISE???? I looked up and seen it was raining, but I'm hearing something else.

PB151713%20copy-L.jpg

Andrea was pointing at something with her stick. Can you see it? I put my name right over it.

PB151710%20copy-L.jpg

Here is it zoomed in...a bristle worm. It's the tan colored worm-looking item outlined in white right above the brown coral and below my name. I have one of these in my tank (heck probably a lot more than one because they multiply) and they can become quite huge. We refer to them as a$$holes because they hide out in the rock and can sting the fire out of you when you are cleaning a tank. No, we don't buy them and they come in as hitchhikers on rocks and coral. Nasty nasty little stings.

PB151710%20worm-M.jpg

PB151719%20copy-M.jpg

PB151722%20copy-L.jpg

PB151723%20copy-L.jpg

PB151720%20copy-L.jpg

This is a very odd shape brain coral. They are usually round...this was super weird to see.

PB151726%20copy-L.jpg

It looks like a diver got sick while diving to me...

PB151725%20copy-L.jpg

The hubby was up at the top for some reason. It must be ear problems. He has a tendency to hang out more toward the top and will come down every so often. I honestly don't think he will ever be able to get certified and dive. He has no eardrums and this allows water to get in and he gets an instant ear infection and a nasty one too! He can NOT clear his ears because there's nothing to clear they say. If he is to pop his ears, it just opens up for all the water to come rushing in. So, when we dive, he wears these ear plugs to keep water out. Poor guy.

PB151736%20copy-L.jpg

We were on the same cruise! I think I might have seen your family at some point and I did see those friendship rocks throughout the cruise, so now I know where they came from!

Yes, this cruise had really bad weather and it was VERY rocky at times, but we made the best of it. When we were in Cozumel, we took a ferry across to Playa Del Carmen (You should do that next time you are in Cozumel, super cheap around 12 pp RT on the ferry) and got caught in the monsoon. The ferry ride back was VERY rough, like and up and down. And people were vomiting non stop. Luckily we werent! :)

I do have to mention, we stayed in the deluxe ocean view rooms. We had two bathrooms (One full with toilet and one bathroom with sink and shower). It was amazing! I highly recommend it because the extra bathroom has a tub in it :) No shower stall! Loved it!! Plus it saved time on showering.

Also, I noticed how gross the water was on this cruise. I think the only place it looked beautiful was in Costa Maya. IN belize and Honduras, it looked like sewage. We did a tour in Belize down the River Wallace to Altun Ha, it was very overcast with dirty water. Our tour guide said shes never seen the water like that before either.

But, I didn't really mind because I am going next month on my dream ship, Harmony of the Seas, and I know the eastern caribbean will have beautiful water! But after Harmony, I will be going on my first NCL cruise, the Bliss, but down the California Coast. I am really excited to try NCL because we are considering down the Breakaway from New Orleans in Feb 2019....My parents went on the EPIC and hated it, so I am hoping the Bliss is a better experience.

I am looking forward to the rest of your review! Crazy we were on the same cruise because I have been reading your reviews for awhile now and they are great!!

FINAL THOUGHTS ON PARADISE BEACH

As you can probably tell, we absolutely LOVED Paradise Beach.

It was gorgeous there with beautiful landscaping, excellent huge pool, very nice beach and water toys.

It was a perfect way to spend the day...even with it raining off and on. It did not matter and we had a great day.

The food was excellent and I thought it was a pretty good value for what we got.

The $3 admission per person is more than worth it IMO.

The pop was $2.75 each, so a little more expensive than The Money Bar AND it was fountain pop in a small cup...not to mention it kinda tasted funny to me. But, you drink what you got when that's all you got.

I would highly recommend this place. I would love to go back again some day (just probably not our next visit here because, you know me, I have other places to experience and discover :D)

This looked like a really nice place, but I was wondering if the weather was nice and there were a lot of ships in port, how crowded it would become. I wonder if anyone else on this thread has been there on a nice day....Also, when the taxi fees are paid, do you also add a tip, and how much if you do?

Ok, so when I left off....Sakari and B had just spotted something I have never seen snorkeling before...

A HUGE PORCUPINE PUFFER FISH!!

PB150029%20copy-L.jpg

This was the only picture she managed to get and said it swam by really quick. I really wish I would have seen it! They are very curious fish with a funny personality and I had always wanted to see one in the ocean. Maybe some day I will.

We all would discover these guys out there. This is something we have never done before.

First of all, congratulations to Sakari, and to you too, that is wonderful news!!!

I just got caught up on your latest updates and really, really enjoying, as usual. I could not believe how muddy brown that water was at Mahogany Bay...sure looked like the Mississippi River to me. ;p I can't believe how gorgeous Sakari's and your scuba diving pictures are...WOW!!! Then again, you always get great pictures, so should be no surprise there.

I'm not positive, but I think we saw the porcupine puffer fish on our last cruise, in 2015, on the southern itinerary out of San Juan while in Barbados. Got a bunch of pictures of them, even one where two may have been making babies, (get a room, right?) and I though they were so cool. I hope that last comment was allowed. :')

I saw the comment that someone else posted about the Olympus Tough TG-4 and 5...I think I've convinced my hubby. Costco has them on sale till mid-December, and we're members, so I may not have to wait until next year. Thank you again for putting so much time into this, I'm really enjoying.

Attaching pics of those puffer fish...can you tell if these are porcupine puffer fish?

enhance

enhance

Ok, so when I left off....Sakari and B had just spotted something I have never seen snorkeling before...

A HUGE PORCUPINE PUFFER FISH!!

PB150029%20copy-L.jpg

We had a porcupine puffer in our aquarium years ago! He was a kick! He'd come up to the surface at feeding time and rub against our fingers... if we didn't feed him fast enough he'd 'nibble' our fingers! We only saw him 'puff' once, when we introduced a pretty good-sized wrasse that he apparently didn't care for! My DH nicknamed him 'Puff Dudey' (we also had a cowfish he called 'Cow Dude' so this is where the name came from!).

Love your snorkeling pics!

Congrats to Sakari on her accomplishments. That is wonderful news. And also to you and DH for being great parents to her. You certainly deserve credit, too. :) Thanks for the latest photos from the scuba excursion. They are so beautiful.

Heather

Now you understand why I was pushing you to do boat dives instead of shore dives!

Now I understand. Robin knows best! :D

Oh, hell no!

SaveSave

LMAO!

This is the lens adapter that allows you to put filters and other lenses on.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0080DIYZW...4JOB29CH&psc=0

It comes with a lens cap too. then if you want to use filters like a circular polarizer you can put 40.5 mm filters on. we just got this for ours.

https://www.amazon.com/Vivitar-3-Pie...2HT7MS5GVRQXY0

polarizer filters cut reflections and glare and deepen the blue color in skies. kinda makes colors truer and brighter. I use it all the time when shooting outside landscape scenes. then just take the filter off for underwater shots.

Oh yes, I already have that. It came with my fisheye lens and stays on that all the time. Yes, I know what polarizers do (I'm a dslr girl too with a lot of equipment ;)). I guess I never thought of using one on this camera. Maybe I'm see if the ones I have here at home with fit it. Although I have to say I love when I turn on my Diorama feature on the Olympus because it really pops the picture and I like the effect it has on the pic. I wonder if I put an orange filter on the camera when scuba diving if it would help?

Roatan reefs are so lush with coral and sponges and sea fans. I just love it. Nice pics!

Right. I almost just want a repeat of this cruise just to go back!

Congratulations Sakari! You are amazing!

Mango is so cute! awwww

Thanks and thanks!

OMG your scuba pics are amazing! I'm like you, the wall freaks me out! I think you did great at overcoming your fear and doing it anyway.

And a HUGE congrats to Sakari! Wow, that's amazing! You guys have lots to celebrate

Thanks and glad you like the pics. I did do pretty good overcoming my fear.

Thanks and we do have a lot to celebrate!

We were on the same cruise! I think I might have seen your family at some point and I did see those friendship rocks throughout the cruise, so now I know where they came from!

Yes, this cruise had really bad weather and it was VERY rocky at times, but we made the best of it. When we were in Cozumel, we took a ferry across to Playa Del Carmen (You should do that next time you are in Cozumel, super cheap around 12 pp RT on the ferry) and got caught in the monsoon. The ferry ride back was VERY rough, like and up and down. And people were vomiting non stop. Luckily we werent!

I do have to mention, we stayed in the deluxe ocean view rooms. We had two bathrooms (One full with toilet and one bathroom with sink and shower). It was amazing! I highly recommend it because the extra bathroom has a tub in it No shower stall! Loved it!! Plus it saved time on showering.

Also, I noticed how gross the water was on this cruise. I think the only place it looked beautiful was in Costa Maya. IN belize and Honduras, it looked like sewage. We did a tour in Belize down the River Wallace to Altun Ha, it was very overcast with dirty water. Our tour guide said shes never seen the water like that before either.

But, I didn't really mind because I am going next month on my dream ship, Harmony of the Seas, and I know the eastern caribbean will have beautiful water! But after Harmony, I will be going on my first NCL cruise, the Bliss, but down the California Coast. I am really excited to try NCL because we are considering down the Breakaway from New Orleans in Feb 2019....My parents went on the EPIC and hated it, so I am hoping the Bliss is a better experience.

I am looking forward to the rest of your review! Crazy we were on the same cruise because I have been reading your reviews for awhile now and they are great!!

Well hello there and I wish we would have met!

Yes, the friendship rocks could have been from us...or two other ladies were also doing them on this cruise (which is where I got my idea from). I wish we would have found more.

Back in the day (1980's) when I cruised, we actually used to dock at Playa Del Carmen. So I have been there before. The ship used to stay there all day and we didn't have to be back on the ship until midnight. Those were the days! I can only imagine how much it has changed now. I would love to do a land vacation in Cancun and take the ferry over there and go to the Xcaret. It's definitely on my to-do list. But coming by cruise ship, I just feel there wouldn't be enough time there. So, I'm holding off.

I have checked out the ocean deluxe rooms in the past, but honestly, I'm not sure we would get too much use out of them. We are shower people, so a tub isn't needed. Coming back from the beach Sakari and I are usually the only ones that get in the shower because the hubby spends most of his time on the beach. But we are super quick with the shower. Maybe some day I'll try it out.

Have a great time on the Harmony. It looks amazing. Kendra has been begging me to try Royal. We haven't sailed RC since the 90's and it was so different back then.

Is Bliss doing a Mexican Riviera? I didn't know that or I would have booked it instead of the Star again next year to Mexican Riviera out of CA. Hmmm

We absolutely love the Epic. It's not for everyone. She's definitely a different type of ship and one of a kind. She just holds a special place in my heart (hubby's first cruise ever).

This looked like a really nice place, but I was wondering if the weather was nice and there were a lot of ships in port, how crowded it would become. I wonder if anyone else on this thread has been there on a nice day....Also, when the taxi fees are paid, do you also add a tip, and how much if you do?

It's a very popular place so I imagine that it could become pretty crowded. But, it is a pretty big place though, both at the beach and at the pool area. Yes, we also add a tip to the price depending on how the driver was.

First of all, congratulations to Sakari, and to you too, that is wonderful news!!!

I just got caught up on your latest updates and really, really enjoying, as usual. I could not believe how muddy brown that water was at Mahogany Bay...sure looked like the Mississippi River to me. clear.png?emoji-winktongue-1704 I can't believe how gorgeous Sakari's and your scuba diving pictures are...WOW!!! Then again, you always get great pictures, so should be no surprise there.

I'm not positive, but I think we saw the porcupine puffer fish on our last cruise, in 2015, on the southern itinerary out of San Juan while in Barbados. Got a bunch of pictures of them, even one where two may have been making babies, (get a room, right?) and I though they were so cool. I hope that last comment was allowed. clear.png?emoji-tearsjoy-1678

I saw the comment that someone else posted about the Olympus Tough TG-4 and 5...I think I've convinced my hubby. Costco has them on sale till mid-December, and we're members, so I may not have to wait until next year. Thank you again for putting so much time into this, I'm really enjoying.

Attaching pics of those puffer fish...can you tell if these are porcupine puffer fish?

Thanks for the congrats and for enjoying the scuba pics! Much appreciated.

If hubby gives the go ahead...DO IT! You'll love the TG cameras. They are amazing.

YES absolutely that's a porcupine puffer! They are SO ADORABLE and have such a great personality.

We had a porcupine puffer in our aquarium years ago! He was a kick! He'd come up to the surface at feeding time and rub against our fingers... if we didn't feed him fast enough he'd 'nibble' our fingers! We only saw him 'puff' once, when we introduced a pretty good-sized wrasse that he apparently didn't care for! My DH nicknamed him 'Puff Dudey' (we also had a cowfish he called 'Cow Dude' so this is where the name came from!).

Love your snorkeling pics!

I want one so bad. They are just so cute and every time I go to the fish store, they have just sold one or they have one that's too big for what I'm wanting to start out with. I have heard (and seen videos) of them coming to the surface and spitting water at you during feeding. I can't wait to get one!

I had a cowfish back in the 90's and he was the cutest little thing with his horns. Back then I didn't realize just how poisonous they were. Someone told me that if you piss them off and they release their toxins, it could wipe out an entire tank! I might have to pass on getting another.

Glad you are enjoying the pics.

Congrats to Sakari on her accomplishments. That is wonderful news. And also to you and DH for being great parents to her. You certainly deserve credit, too. clear.png?emoji-smile-1742 Thanks for the latest photos from the scuba excursion. They are so beautiful.

Thanks and thanks Heather! Glad you are enjoying them!

Continuing with the review and diving...

PB151764%20copy-L.jpg

PB151766%20copy-L.jpg

Some pretty blue tangs hanging out.

PB151771%20copy-L.jpg

PB151767%20copy-L.jpg

Then I came across her majesty! The queen angelfish. She was absolutely beautiful. I love angelfish. There's so many different types and they are always so pretty.

PB151775%20copy-L.jpg

PB151773%20copy-L.jpg

A well written Novel with drama, comedy, achievements, and Cliff hangers!

Congratulations to Sakari on the Master Padi Seal and Specialists program achievements. She has taken excellent closeup pictures.

The Porcupine Puffer fish is a family first. How about she does a drawing of this and the Mermaid?

While the instructor was cautious, there are many more dives in her future. Sakari is happiest with goggles and her mono mermaid tail snorkelling.

For you and Hubs, with 2 instructors makes it very comfortable. Even to the wall, when a trigger fish distracted you and over the wall you went. The side of the wall had great pictures of coral and fish.

Your depth gauge had over 20 feet, did Andrea say how far down the wall you could go?

Well done to all.

I am busy hanging out above the coral and Andrea is back over hanging out over the wall...hubby was hanging out there too. Crazy people!

PB151785%20copy-L.jpg

He was watching her do something...then I caught a glimpse of it...she was making bubble rings...only with her HANDS! I had never seen that done before. Sakari's instructor would always lay on the bottom of the pool and do it with his mouth and Sakari has learned to do it as well. But just using her hands? That was a new one for me!

PB151788%20copy-L.jpg

I caught her attention and told her to do it again. I had to get this on video.

m3qGC98wckI

PB151789%20copy-L.jpg

Four-eyed butterfly fish and bicolor angelPB151792%20copy-L.jpg

Four-eyed butterfly fish and blue tang

PB151791%20copy-L.jpg