Stop the Insanity

parallax

While I understand the fascination with the Seaside, we will be sailing less than a month, I find many of the critiques somewhat absurd. Some comments about the furnishings, certain design elements, the layouts of the rooms, etc. can be viewed as very depressing. I think we build things up and when they don't reflect what we thought it was going to be, it can result in a negative reaction. My test will be actually going on the ship and not parse through all the videos to arrive at a pre-conceived perception how the cruise will actually be and the issues, if any, we may have.

We'll be onboard in less than 3 weeks and I can understand your view. No one's critique will change my excitement. Everyone has different taste - that's why we have so much choice! The ship looks absolutely amazing and I can't wait to see it for myself!

While I understand the fascination with the Seaside, we will be sailing less than a month, I find many of the critiques somewhat absurd. Some comments about the furnishings, certain design elements, the layouts of the rooms, etc. can be viewed as very depressing. I think we build things up and when they don't reflect what we thought it was going to be, it can result in a negative reaction. My test will be actually going on the ship and not parse through all the videos to arrive at a pre-conceived perception how the cruise will actually be and the issues, if any, we may have.

We'll be onboard in less than 3 weeks and I can understand your view. No one's critique will change my excitement. Everyone has different taste - that's why we have so much choice! The ship looks absolutely amazing and I can't wait to see it for myself!

I couldn´t agree more. Even the worst of reviews wouldn´t make my excitment any smaller! BF and I are sailing January 26. I´ve seen a couple of pics and videos and it looks stunning. Don´t really wanna see it all to be surprised when I walk in. I´m sure I will love it.

MSc had many ships and about 85 percent, give or take 60 percent, seem to be about the seaside. I am tired of hearing about the seaside. Seaside, seaside, seaside. Sort of like that old line from the TV show the Brady Bunch where they say "Marsha, Marsha, Marsha!"

I wish there was a button that would hide the posts with the word seaside. It would make cruise critic much faster to read.

I am sure it is a cool ship. Just tired of seeing almost everything here being about just one ship when there are others that deserve a little love and attention. Thats all.

Well said. Feel exactly the same, FYI. The same thing happened I recall when the Divina sailed her first transatlantic to Miami, it seemed some people were looking for fault. Reading the complaints here on the forum on a daily basis that some were on the ship just to find fault. We were on her a few days later on her first Christmas sailing and it was amazing. We will be sailing Seaside 6 th January and are counting the days.

MSc had many ships and about 85 percent, give or take 60 percent, seem to be about the seaside. I am tired of hearing about the seaside. Seaside, seaside, seaside. Sort of like that old line from the TV show the Brady Bunch where they say "Marsha, Marsha, Marsha!"

I wish there was a button that would hide the posts with the word seaside. It would make cruise critic much faster to read.

I am sure it is a cool ship. Just tired of seeing almost everything here being about just one ship when there are others that deserve a little love and attention. Thats all.

That´s cause it´s the new kid on the block. I dont think there are a lot of excitement things to say to this day about the Opera or Poesia for example. Not only its a new ship but a new class plus it is unlike anything else at sea not just from MSC but from any cruise line so I understand why everybody is extra hyped. I dont think it will be the same with the Seaview as everybody will be familiar with pics and reviews from the Seaside by then.

I have been avoiding the interior videos and to an extent many interior photos, meanwhile looking for cabin video's to add to the Seaside photo thread.

For those complaining about Seaside how do you think we felt after we had brought Divina to the USA ?

Nothing but Divina posts that drove many original posters away along with reports from the other ships in the fleet.

MSC is not just about Divina or Seaside but while ships are new it is something you will just have to deal with.

Well said. I have a bit longer before I board but I am terrifically excited. Even if I looked at their picture of this chair or that bar and agreed it looked awful I'd still be excited. You can never tell about camera angles, plus I've read they've still got cartons with cushions and other soft furnishings waiting to be distributed here and there. Sometimes the accessories make the dress, so to speak.

People will complain no matter what , if the colors are bright they will complain if they are neutral they will say they are blah blah. There will never be a ship that will please everyone !!!!!!

If the walls were covered in 4K OLED screens that could be adjusted to display any of over 16 million colors, people would complain about the color of the ceiling.