Ocean Medallion officially Off Royal January Cruise

richsea

Not really a surprise, but I received an email tonight from Princess regarding our 20 night Royal sailing of January 19th, highlighting several aspects of our cruise. The first point they made was the fact that Ocean Medallion would not be available on our sailing, as was advertised.

This is their statement:

The creation of Ocean Medallion Vacations is an all-encompassing project that is currently being activated onboard another Princess ship. We had hoped to have it launched in time for your cruise aboard Royal Princess. However, we have identified refinements and enhancements that require more time for us to fully realize our aspirations to elevate the guest experience by way of this new technology. We hope you’ll experience Ocean Medallion on a future cruise with Princess. We apologize for any disappointment this news may cause for you.

As they say, ship happens; we’ll still have a great time.

I got the same email. I have 4 cruises booked on the Royal. I got one email with the booking number for a cruise in February. I got two more emails for 2 cruises next August and September. I did not get an email for the cruise booked the end of January. Since I got the emails for cruises booked nine months away it makes me think Princess has a lot more problems with the medallions than anyone knew about.

Not really a surprise, but I received an email tonight from Princess regarding our 20 night Royal sailing of January 19th, highlighting several aspects of our cruise. The first point they made was the fact that Ocean Medallion would not be available on our sailing, as was advertised.

This is their statement:

The creation of Ocean Medallion Vacations is an all-encompassing project that is currently being activated onboard another Princess ship. We had hoped to have it launched in time for your cruise aboard Royal Princess. However, we have identified refinements and enhancements that require more time for us to fully realize our aspirations to elevate the guest experience by way of this new technology. We hope you’ll experience Ocean Medallion on a future cruise with Princess. We apologize for any disappointment this news may cause for you.

As they say, ship happens; we’ll still have a great time.

Cute way of saying; "It ain't working.".....:D:D:D

Bob

We haven't received that notice for our February sailing on Royal but... I just checked and I see that the Medallion banner is missing from the cruise listings now. I "thought" we were getting the email cancelling the Medallion feature but it turned out to be a notice about Canadian citizens no longer having to pay a reciprocity fee to visit Argentina. (We aren't Canadian...). Since the banner is missing from the cruise listings now I wonder why we haven't received a notice about it being pulled.

Thanks for starting this thread rather than posting in one of the many existing ones :rolleyes:

You are most welcome.

Perhaps if you looked at when this post was started, you would have noticed that other threads were regarding Regal. If you give me your contact info, I will run my future posts through you for approval prior to posting

You are most welcome.

Perhaps if you looked at when this post was started, you would have noticed that other threads were regarding Regal. If you give me your contact info, I will run my future posts through you for approval prior to posting

Excellent reply.

What I can't get over is how wrong princess was in estimating the work.

They can't even get one ship working, yet they have announced a deployment schedule for 7 ships

and several ports.

http://phx.corporate-ir.net/phoenix.zhtml?c=140690&p=irol-newsArticle&ID=2283431

If I estimated tasks that poorly where I work, I would have a lot of free time on my hands,

as I wouldn't be employed.

And, Carnival claims they had this working in a warehouse in Doral...

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/04/business/media/coming-to-carnival-cruises-a-wearable-medallion-that-records-your-every-whim.html