Passport Renewal

Butterbean1000

Hubs got his back right away. We had our pics done at Walgreens before I read applic. I got a letter saying to redo-no glasses (& no smile allowed in pic).

This was changed in Nov '2016. Walgreens guy or no one else knew about this. He didnt charge me for 2nd pic without my glasses & with no smile.

Hubs got his back right away. We had our pics done at Walgreens before I read applic. I got a letter saying to redo-no glasses (& no smile allowed in pic).

This was changed in Nov '2016. Walgreens guy or no one else knew about this. He didnt charge me for 2nd pic without my glasses & with no smile.

You can smile, just not an exaggerated one. Just got mine done a few months ago.

We just had to send off a few new apps for kids that didnt have them yet, so this info is fresh in my mind. They state the renewal time to be between 2 and 3 weeks. I also read on the govt page that the busy time is January thru beginning of summer, which explains the quick holiday time turnovers. For a new app I think 4-6weeks was quoted, but I expect them quicker than that based on what Im reading about peoples experiences. Also, although glasses have been disallowed , they do allow a "natural" smile.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Forums mobile app

I renewed mine in Late September, from the date mailed to receiving the new one was 12 days. It took another week to get the old one back, but who cares about that?

You will be fine.

I had my photo done at my local AAA. The woman taking the photo said "Take off your glasses and make your face look like you have been standing in line for immigration control for an hour!

We are sailing Feb 3. We just got our passport renewal request in the mail yesterday. Please tell me we will have enough time to get them back. We have never used birth certificates before, I'm guessing it's no big deal, right?

OK, so here is the skinny!!! I sent my passport renewal off last Monday, so the 11th of December. I had it sent back one day express.. I got it today. the 22nd of December!!!!!!!! You got plenty of time!!!!!!!!!

OK, so here is the skinny!!! I sent my passport renewal off last Monday, so the 11th of December. I had it sent back one day express.. I got it today. the 22nd of December!!!!!!!! You got plenty of time!!!!!!!!!
Yes, got them back today. No expedite charges.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Forums mobile app

We are sailing Feb 3. We just got our passport renewal request in the mail yesterday. Please tell me we will have enough time to get them back. We have never used birth certificates before, I'm guessing it's no big deal, right?

My son just renewed his and got it back in less than two weeks.