No Ocean Medallion for 1/5/19 Royal

CineGraphic

On 1/24/2019 at 3:53 PM, Cruise Raider said:

I am booked on the Royal for April and at first told we would not have the Medallion but now my booking shows we can prepurchase Medallion Net for our sailing.  

I've read that we are losing out elite minutes?  Not sure if that is true or not.  

I'd buy the unlimited internet if I knew if I would not have the same trouble connecting.  I can buy it for $60 for a 7 night sailing..... so under $10 per day.  I would like to stream movies or tv and I'm not sure if Medallion Net makes that a possibility.  I guess I have to wait until it goes live before I can ask if that will be possible on the Royal.  Any opinions on the Medallion Net, other than I should just disconnect, are more than welcome, though.  

I’m sailing on the Royal in April too. I checked and the only internet you can purchase now is the Medallion Net. I already purchased the unlimited. It still shows under purchases. What happens now? Do we keep it or does it change? Thanks for insights on this.

• Like 1

No, we won’t be losing our Elite minutes.  Was on another forum earlier and somebody inadvertently posted that they lost their Elite minutes.  Others indicated that no, they had not lost their Elite minutes but instead, chose the option of $52 for one device or $100+  for up to four devices. 

It wasn’t clear whether the above-mentioned prices would still be available after free Plat/Elite mins were used up, Or even if the $52 for one device rate was already a greatly reduced rate for platinum/Elites. Perhaps somebody could weigh in on this issue?  

• Like 1

On 1/24/2019 at 3:15 PM, Colo Cruiser said:

Good luck. 

Ocean Medallion and MedallionNet are two not interconnected technologies.

The first involves wiring a ship with sensors to track medallions.  The second involves replacing

the ship's satellite antennae mounting systems to be able to track non-geosynchronous satellites.

No surprise to have one suffering "(b)leading edge issues" and the other working.

1 hour ago, Idratherbeatsea said:

The first OM sailing of the Royal is planned to be 4/13.

Cool!  Will be on the 4/27 sailing.  I called Princess last week to inquire and at the time all they could tell me was “soon”.  Glad to hear there is a date!

1 hour ago, mthomp5 said:

Cool!  Will be on the 4/27 sailing.  I called Princess last week to inquire and at the time all they could tell me was “soon”.  Glad to hear there is a date!

Don't get Your Hopes up.

Remember the Last dates they provided.

Just a heads up.  Our cruise on the Royal now has medallion net.  Which means the savings is significant for internet.  We were looking at internet around Jan 1st , and even with the current sale, it was crazy high - per minute.  Now with the sale and our  being switched to medallion net, the price is 59 PP for the whole cruise- unlimited.  50% off what is charged on board!

Our cruise is not fully Medallion ready though , according to the rep I spoke with today.   My Sailing is on April 20th 2019.

Edited by MoyCoy