Live from Freedom of the Seas (12/23/2017 to 12/31/2017 - Eastern Caribbean)

Rubyfisch

We wandered over to Publix for dinner - the subs are the best we have had outside of New England. We got two large ones for the three of us, but only ate a half each. Salad and fruit completed the meal.6811fdcff1c060f42d51e8d70d2ca012.jpg272025ef7e319da3e4400a3522374051.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Made it here - here is the view from our balcony.

Also, why did no one tell me the Ft. Lauderdale airport is basically the seventh circle of hell? Baggage took forever and finding the taxi stand was adventure.401b68d22bf79a77b161e6341d2bd520.jpg

we have flown into Fort Lauderdale a few times. Have never had any issues. Maybe we have been lucky.

Made it here - here is the view from our balcony.

Also, why did no one tell me the Ft. Lauderdale airport is basically the seventh circle of hell? Baggage took forever and finding the taxi stand was adventure.401b68d22bf79a77b161e6341d2bd520.jpg

Baggage takes a long time but rental car wait is the worst from personal experience.

It's embarkation day! Entirely unsure of why I woke up at 5:49 ... but such is life. Too early for breakfast, too awake for sleep - like a little kid on Christmas.

Well your not the only one up before dawn. I know all to well that excited sail away day feeling. And everytime you look at the clock it doesnt move. I have one theory- I'd rather wait at cruise terminal than hotel. Relax and have fun

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

So I decided to use some of boundless energy in the gym. I decided to do something lower impact than running because I did not want to get all hot and sweaty before packing my gym clothes. However, I forgot to take into account that in Florida, you can break into a sweat thinking of exerting yourself ....

The gym is a perfectly adequate hotel gym. Older equipment, but everything seemed in working order.7f32b6d26219aba750f3a39900235e6c.jpgcc39272c2b45a83e69a0f75a1e5471ca.jpg

I am so excited to follow along with you on your cruise. There are 7 of us flying into Ft. Lauderdale Jan 5 for the Freedom Jan 6 sailing. We are also staying at Embassy Suites. We have been on 4 cruises so far and I have enjoyed all of them. I am hoping that the Freedom is just as wonderful as my other cruises. I can't wait to read your feedback. Have a wonderful time and Merry Christmas!

Can you post the main dining room menu everyday? I am going on March and first time for 8 days as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I plan to, for at least dinner. If we go for breakfast or lunch, I'll post those, too.

In the Uber at 10:55. At the port at 11:11. On board at 11:31.

WOW! That is super fast. And great to hear. We will be getting on next week when you are getting off. Thanks so much for posting info, especially the menus and compasses. Enjoy!

In the Uber at 10:55. At the port at 11:11. On board at 11:31.

That's around the time when we got on board back in March. Check in was such a breeze when there are no line ups.

Following your live review and see if anything changed on the Freedom since March. :)