Hotels in Fort Lauderdale

Poplin

Just found out our four-room reservation for February 1st, 2018 at the Hampton Inn was not put into their system. Any suggestions of nice, affordable hotels would be appreciated, although I do realize this is peak season.

We like the Springhill Suites and Fairfield Inn, both in Dania Beach.

For other ideas, try the Florida Departures forum: https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=672

We are bargain hunters. Last time we cruised from South Florida, we were planning on staying at the Hampton Inn near the FLL airport, until we learned that we could stay at the W Ft Lauderdale Beach Resort for $25 more than what the Hampton Inn was charging so we immediately changed the reservation. True, they didn’t offer complimentary breakfast or internet, but we figured that it was still an awesome deal and a great way to jump start our vacation.

This is not the first time that we’ve stayed at nice hotels or resorts for not much more than a chain budget-moderate hotel. We’ve snagged great deals at the Hilton Ft Lauderdale Marina as well as at the Sheraton.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by Tapi

For other ideas, try the Florida Departures forum: https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=672

Bob,

Is there any places within walking distance to purchase wine and last minute supplies near the Fairfield Inn?

We booked Homewood Suites on Griffin Rd. which I believe is beside the Fairfield Inn.

Bob,

Is there any places within walking distance to purchase wine and last minute supplies near the Fairfield Inn?

We booked Homewood Suites on Griffin Rd. which I believe is beside the Fairfield Inn.

No, not that I recall. Not much within walking distance except for the Rustic Inn restaurant.

However, we normally take a taxi to the port, and you can go to Total Wine in the Harbor Shops on the way. It's right near the port entrance. There is also a Publix supermarket in that area.

We have stayed at the LaQuinta near the airport. Free shuttle from the airport, clean, friendly and a free breakfast. There are three or four in the area. The one we have been in had a pay shuttle to the port. Also, pets are allowed so you might hear a woof or two but never a problem for us, but someone with allergies might have a problem. People with pets are restricted to particular rooms so you won’t be in a pet friendly room. They do have a website.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Is it easy to get to the water taxis or downtown Fort Lauderdale from the Springhill suites. We fly in two days early because of Canadian weather issues.

Just found out our four-room reservation for February 1st, 2018 at the Hampton Inn was not put into their system. Any suggestions of nice, affordable hotels would be appreciated, although I do realize this is peak season.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Forums mobile app

Did you have a confirmation number? In this day and age, how did this happen with most people making reservations online? Just curious....

Roz

We stay in FLL area frequently and usually do a Hilton property of some sort. If you could share a room you might be able to make it cost effective to book the two bedroom two bath suites at the Doubletree Galleria One. I got one of those two years ago for our kids/grandkids and it had a full kitchen beside one bedroom with a king and the other with two queens. The location is very nice and the water taxi stops just off the back patio. There are plenty of places to eat within a short walk along with several places to purchase wine.

If that's to pricey or won't work I see several Hilton properties available for your dates.

You know you are posting on the Florida departures thread right?

Your snarky comment is not warranted. Whenever you see a similar recommendation in response to a post on a Departures board or Port of Call board, it indicates that the thread originated on another board (usually a cruise line board) and the moderators moved it to the more appropriate board. With 10 years on cruise critic I'm sure you have seen this numerous times.