Check in in San Francisco

txd

What time check in starts in San Francisco?

What time should we arrive? Our boarding documents say 1 pm. Is this just a suggestion, and we can arrive early to board Grand Princes?

We're in line around 10:00 am, get our SS card around 10:30 - 11:00, and on board by 11:30 am. This has been our experience the past several cruises out of San Francisco.

We usually arrive between 10:30 and 11:00 AM and are allowed onboard immediately or shortly afterwards. At Pier 27, the latest we were allowed to board was around noon. There was some issue with a couple that didn't disembark when they were supposed to and held everybody up for a while. Usually, if there is a back up of passengers allowed to board, the BVE passengers are allowed to board first along with any special parties. Next, suite passengers and then Elite and club class, followed by Platinum, etc.

I have not done SF yet but will in a few months. I think the standard is 11:00 AM - 11:30 AM you can check in if desired. They always try to put cruisers off a little so to shift the crush and even the flow. We are going to be gone for 10 Days (to Alaska on the Grand) might as well get used to a line. Merry Christmas Cruise Critic Travelers.

What time check in starts in San Francisco?

What time should we arrive? Our boarding documents say 1 pm. Is this just a suggestion, and we can arrive early to board Grand Princes?

Most PAXS pay no attention to the suggested boarding time.

PAXS jump the line. So you can get in at 9 a.m.

Enjoy your cruise.

Edited by Kingofcool1947

I'll echo the 10:30 or 11:00 door opening in my experience.

I will add that there is zero shelter against the weather, so, were it wet I would err on the side of a bit later arrival.

Jon