How do I know what time I am getting off the Breeze?

ntourtelotte

I looking at information about booking private shuttles and for some it looks like I need to select a time. What time should I expect to be off the Breeze? We don't have FTTF and no special status.

Natalie

Will the shuttle be for an excursion at one of your ports, or when you arrive back at your home port?

Are you flying home? If so, what time is your flight? If you're driving, it's not a huge deal If you have a flight, about mid-way thru the cruise they will ask those with EARLY flights to let them know, and you will be put in one of the early groups to leave the ship. EVERYONE will be off the ship by 10am at the LATEST....you will probably be off before 9am.

. EVERYONE will be off the ship by 10am at the LATEST....you will probably be off before 9am.

You haven't sailed much out of Galveston have you? Last cruise on the Breeze we didn't get on until almost 12. We watched the wedding parties and the diamond and we were literally the first platinum cruisers to board.

On our back to back last year the time frame was about the same.

Both of those were when the ship hade come back from Belize which always seems to make debark take longer.

My question is about when we will debark in Galveston. I apologize for being unclear. We have a flight home out of Bush at 4:30 so are not in a big hurry.

Our only other cruise ever was on the Triumph out of Tampa. For that one, we sat around on the ship for quite a while after the time they said to be ready to debark and then stood in a customs like for about an hour.

It sounds like maybe this will be more efficient than that? I could put that we want a 10:00 shuttle?

You would probably be ok with that. Except there can always be something that happens that makes your debark time end up late. In 29 cruises this only happened to me twice. Once was when they were calling names of about 10 people to come to guest services... for about an hour... it held up customs check. We had a private town car, already paid for, scheduled to pick us up at 8:30 am. Due to this problem, we did not get off the ship until 11:00! Lucky for us, the driver waited. We had a fairly early flight and he got us there on time. He did get a really nice tip!

The other time was when i was with a group of 6. We got in the selfdebark line. 4 of us got off the ship quickly. but once again, a problem arose. Debarkation stopped. We waited until 12 noon before debarkation started again, and the rest of our group got the ship. We had an early flight and lucky for us, we got texts saying our flight had been delayed until 2. So we just barely made that flight.

The majority of the time, we have had great luck with the shuttle. Depending where are you are cruising from also makes a difference. If you are flying in and out of Miami and cruising from Miami... just a take a cab. very easy.. priced very reasonable!

I've never gotten a private transfer from the port, only to the port. It may be easier to just get the Carnival shuttle (even if a little bit more expensive) for the peace of mind knowing that whatever time you walk off you can get right into a bus. You may have to wait a few for it to fill up, but sounds like you are in no hurry. You could also price a Uber or Lyft and then just send for it when you are ready.

The last cruise I was on out of Galveston port we were held up with fog and could enter the port and we didn't dock till 1:00 and didn't get off the ship till about 3:45. People boarding didn't leave till the next morning since the port was fogged in that evening and didn't clear till morning the next day. So you never know!

My question is about when we will debark in Galveston. I apologize for being unclear. We have a flight home out of Bush at 4:30 so are not in a big hurry.

Our only other cruise ever was on the Triumph out of Tampa. For that one, we sat around on the ship for quite a while after the time they said to be ready to debark and then stood in a customs like for about an hour.

It sounds like maybe this will be more efficient than that? I could put that we want a 10:00 shuttle?

Hi there

I don't know what is available for your particular cruise, but with a later flight like yours, you might consider a post cruise excursion that also offers a drop off at the airport. If something like that were available, it could work out better for you.

good luck

have a great cruise