This tacky thing on land ok on cruise (restaurant food from another venue)?

CP3o

May have a 5 night dining package on Allure. Can try to go to Chops, Giovanni’s, samba, 150..... leaves Izumi as obvious choice but travel companion won’t eat sushi and hibachi not included .

Sabor is ok for me but not a great value using plan and I’d prefer sushi. I’ve read could get Izumi to go. Could I take Izumi food to Sabor and eat together? I use a meal credit for Izumi, he uses one to order Mexican food.

Completely tacky on land but maybe less so on a cruise?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Doesn’t Izumi have non-sushi on the menu? I’m pretty sure they had things like chicken teriyaki for the “I don’t eat sushi” people. I’m not talking about the hibachi - just the regular Izumi menu.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Doesn’t Izumi have non-sushi on the menu? I’m pretty sure they had things like chicken teriyaki for the “I don’t eat sushi” people. I’m not talking about the hibachi - just the regular Izumi menu.

Since they have an hibachi, there's no hot rock. Sukiyaki has been removed. I believe most or all the tempura items have been removed.

Wish they did, that would allow Izumi visit for both of us .

As an aside I was talking to a friend about specialty dining and she asked if they had her favorite food, Thai. I couldn’t think of any but a short Thai menu offering might be a good fit at Izumi.

Even more off topic she also said liked Indian food and ribs as opposed to steak . She’s probably hitting on everything NOT found somewhere in specialty dining...... best I could suggest was to look for Indian food at buffet during lunch. Are ribs served anywhere Oasis class?

Thanks

May have a 5 night dining package on Allure. Can try to go to Chops, Giovanni’s, samba, 150..... leaves Izumi as obvious choice but travel companion won’t eat sushi and hibachi not included .

Sabor is ok for me but not a great value using plan and I’d prefer sushi. I’ve read could get Izumi to go. Could I take Izumi food to Sabor and eat together? I use a meal credit for Izumi, he uses one to order Mexican food.

Completely tacky on land but maybe less so on a cruise?

Also a health code violation.

Since they have an hibachi, there's no hot rock. Sukiyaki has been removed. I believe most or all the tempura items have been removed.

Oh wow. I guess it’s been a while since I’ve been in one. Thanks for the updates.

Why don't you both get your items to take out and eat together in the solarium, balcony or other location?

This is a lovely idea and could be a solution for hubby and I, too. He likes sushi and I do not, so he can get what he wants from Izumi and I will get a big salad from the Windjammer we can eat in the Solarium. It is usually quiet and sparsely populated after 5:30 or so.

So is serving raw food, but I digress.

Umm, no.as long it is handled appropriately. Otherwise there would be no soft cooked eggs (the yolks are raw) No sushi restaurants. Or any places that offer beef tarter.