Captains Club category upgrade

bogofman

Can the free one category upgrade only be acieved by phone booking?

I just read that I have missed out on this for the past xx cruises by booking online

I cannot believe that the Web site does not automatically show this when they ask for the captains club membership when booking

With all of the continual website problems why would any experienced Celebrity cruiser want to book on their website? Suggest you call Captain's Club to do the booking and they will be happy to give you the one category upgrade. If you use a TA you can always transfer the booking to them within 60 days.

The website is notorious for its deficiencies. The old site had many. The new website is exponentially worse. Search the word "website" and you'll see how many threads there are, especially about the new site since its launch last year. I wouldn't do anything on the website. I'd advise calling directly or better yet going through a TA.

It definitely should do what you wrote about, but it hasn't and doesn't.

I wouldn't fret about it too much as the upgrades are usually only worth about $10 each person. But, I know, it is the principle of it ... I certainly wouldn't waste too much time with regrets from not getting it in the past. Some cabins are actually better in the lower category .. A1 vs A2 come to mind. And, it is not applicable for all categories. I think you can go from a C3 to a C2 but not from a C2 to a C1.

One time, however, we saved about $500 by using it ... those instances are few and far between, though.