After the 15 drink limit?

Beachfrog

15 drinks. Oh boy. Franco would be screaming at me to get outta there now, right now!:)

Well, I don't know about that. Nothing says they have to be alcoholic. A cappucino, water, mocktail, they all add up.

I have it for the first segment but I can only handle so much of HAL's wine, so we will still do our wine at dinner ;) but I will order a few bottles of water for our excursions and the next segment when we don't have the package ;). Only have the package because of pricing. It will be interesting to see if it is worthwile or not ;)

15 drinks. Oh boy. Franco would be screaming at me to get outta there now, right now!:)

Again I’m struggling to compute that drink = alcohol? Speciality Coffee, water etc count in the 15. On a ship day a few coffees, waters, cokes will mount up before indulging in an aperitif, wine with dinner followed by an espresso and a digestif.

Not saying that will equal 15 but liked the idea that was suggested by earlier poster that one could maximise the benefit of the package by getting a few bottles of water(for excursions say?) out of whatever was left of the 15.

Surely it makes sense to get value for money whilst staying relatively sober?

Again I’m struggling to compute that drink = alcohol? Speciality Coffee, water etc count in the 15. On a ship day a few coffees, waters, cokes will mount up before indulging in an aperitif, wine with dinner followed by an espresso and a digestif.

Not saying that will equal 15 but liked the idea that was suggested by earlier poster that one could maximise the benefit of the package by getting a few bottles of water(for excursions say?) out of whatever was left of the 15.

Surely it makes sense to get value for money whilst staying relatively sober?

Non-alcoholic drinks do NOT count against your 15 drinks. You could have 15 beers, 15 specialty coffees and 15 bottles of water. This may not have been the case before but it was the practice in January on the Eurodam.

Non-alcoholic drinks do NOT count against your 15 drinks. You could have 15 beers, 15 specialty coffees and 15 bottles of water. This may not have been the case before but it was the practice in January on the Eurodam.

This must be one of those ship-by-ship things. On the Zuiderdam in December/January, non-alcoholic beverages did count towards the 15-drink limit. I suggest if you have the Signature Beverage Package, ask at the front desk or the bars just to be sure what counts toward the limit on your particular cruise.

Hi OP, you are not cut off but charged per drink after 15. Now the problem is try and get a running total by staff and it is very difficult, only the wine stewards in the MDR have that information readily on hand while the front desk have to do a manual count. Even worse is you never know which card they are charging drinks to as sometimes they only use one card rather than each separately so on occasions we had one at 10 and the other at 15.

Recently off the Noordam and several bar tenders told us the limit only applies to alcoholic beverages despite what the policy says and what front desk told us, all of these bar tenders were happy to be quoted by name if we had an issue so we tested it out by having even more San Pellegrino water than usual (this almost makes package worthwhile alone). Sure enough we were charged, I went to front desk and the woman was adamant (not to mention rude and condescending) about it being any beverage. I insisted she contact bar management as I quoted the names as recommended, she came back in a fury and began typing and when I asked the result she simply said “I am processing the refund now” with no apology or any other comment.

I love the SBP on HAL as we are drinkers but more importantly we love the bottled waters, vitamin waters etc that go with it. I appreciate that you can take unopened drinks back to your cabin. It also allows us to try new things however the policy is inconsistent and the fact you potentially have to keep count due to poor systems and inconsistent use of multiple cards takes the shine off it. Not to mention the fact no one on board can tell you what constitutes a “day” some tell you it is midnight, others 6am and others whenever the last bar closes for the day. As another said on Celebrity there is none of this treating you like a child.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

ON which shiip did you have that experience?

ON which shiip did you have that experience?

Noordam in December. Several bar tenders pointed it out not just one. Guest relations initially disagreed but once they spoke to the beverage team they refunded charges. I think another one of these cases where what head office says and what happens on ships is not consistent nor from sailing to sailing.

Or maybe they just REALLY liked us

Sent from my iPod touch using Forums

I am confused (and only on two Belgian beers..)

Have just checked HAL site and it says:

Enjoy beverages including wine, beer, spirits, cocktails, non-alcoholic beverages and sodas. Only on the ms Koningsdam, the package includes Freestyle Coca-Cola which provides 100+ refreshing Coca-Cola flavors to choose from. Includes any beverage priced at $15.00 or lower (up to 15 beverages per day).

Seems clear to me that non-alcoholic drinks are included in the 15.

Can you clarify? Then are you paying for any of those hypothetical 45 beverages?:confused:

• 3 weeks later...
Me too.. I think it's pretty clear that any beverage that incurs a charge counts towards the 15.

So you do not believe what I have already said that on my cruise on the Noordam, multiple bar tenders specifically told us that non alcoholic drinks (even though they incur a charge normally) did not count to the 15 drink limit. As I said we then tested the theory, were in fact charge but then refunded the costs for the drinks over the 15 limit as guest relations called the beverage management who confirmed it was only a limit on alcoholic beverages. Why does your theorising out weigh actual events?

As I have previously mentioned it might change ship to ship and sailing to sailing as so many policy changes do. Each person needs to clarify on their own sailing.

Just got off an ncl cruise, where different bars on the same ship were implementing different policies in regards to Spanish taxes on drinks under a beverage package. Guest relations had no idea what the policy was and it took the management team 3 days to sort it out. Anyone who has cruised knows that head office policy and what occurs on a ship are often unrelated and that policy varies between ships. Unfortunately like life things are rarely black and white.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

So you do not believe what I have already said that on my cruise on the Noordam, multiple bar tenders specifically told us that non alcoholic drinks (even though they incur a charge normally) did not count to the 15 drink limit. As I said we then tested the theory, were in fact charge but then refunded the costs for the drinks over the 15 limit as guest relations called the beverage management who confirmed it was only a limit on alcoholic beverages. Why does your theorising out weigh actual events?

No I definitely believe that what you experienced is true, as I have no reason not to. Not theorizing at all. But I also believe that (as you correctly pointed out) HAL's own policies can and often are implemented differently from ship to ship; and even from cruise to cruise on the same ship in some cases.

There are others on these boards who have indicated that non-alcoholic beverages, i.e., specialty coffees, bottles water, soda, etc. were indeed counted toward their 15 beverage limit, so their experience is direct contradiction to yours.

An excerpt from HAL's SBP policy as taken from their own site, which clearly states that all beverages (alcoholic and non-alcoholic) are counted toward the 15 beverage limit. Bolding is mine for emphasis.

Explore4 Terms & Conditions

Signature Beverage Package has a daily limit of 15 beverages, which includes all beverages priced at US$9.00 or lower. Guests must order beverages one at a time and must be 21 years or older for alcoholic beverages. Sharing is not permitted.