“The Secret Silk” Stephen Schwartz’s new production show

Astro Flyer

Just off the Royal and wife thought it was wonderful, I am not a show person, but thought it was good also.

Unfortunately a lot of cruises didn't get to see it as it was filled for both shows. For a sip of this size, they really

need to add a show. We also thought the theater was too warm probably from so many people. And yes you need to get

theater least 45 -60 minutes early to get a seat.

Just off the Royal and wife thought it was wonderful, I am not a show person, but thought it was good also.

Unfortunately a lot of cruises didn't get to see it as it was filled for both shows. For a sip of this size, they really

need to add a show. We also thought the theater was too warm probably from so many people. And yes you need to get

theater least 45 -60 minutes early to get a seat.

They did add a showing on embarkation day last Wed at 12:15 in the afternoon.

It didn't seem to help with the lines of people being turned away last night. It was more crowded then ever.

Many people who have seen the older shows didn't want to miss out on the new one & were standing at the doors 20 minutes before opening time.

It also didn't help that they had reserved one side of a lower section for the performers friends & relatives.

The 7:45 PM show was SRO.

We saw the "third" performance. Really enjoyed it, but it may be because we like somewhat more contemporary music and this show has a ton of that. I felt it was interesting how they melded some fairly well know songs (for me) into the story. Personally, Alone (Heart) and All Night Long (Lionel Richie) were pretty sweet, since I like more up beat tunes.

We were on for the Premier of the Secret Silk. It was very busy that sailing and yes you need to get there early. But it was really hyped up. The next cruise it was not as crazy to get seats but still filled up fast. If you are particular about the seats you get go early.

The Feb 28 sailing has a presentation for the Press with people from land before they sailed. So I am not surprised they had reserved seating as they came on for only a few hours. Or was the reserved seating for the show during the actual cruise?

Here are my two reviews of the Secret Silk - second one has pictures

http://vickieandbernietravel.blogspot.ca/2018/02/premier-of-stephen-schwartz-secret-silk.html

http://vickieandbernietravel.blogspot.ca/2018/03/monday-evening-secret-silk.html

Be prepared to be there at 7pm. It's crazy how fast the theatre is filling up for the early shows.

So line up early at the door at 7:00 for the 7:45 Show, or do the doors open at 7:00 and we should line up around 6:45?

Thanks

On the Feb 28th sailing they offered a 12:15 performance on embarkation day for those that knew about it. We attended, thinking it would be something special & different, but it wasn't.

I suppose it relieved some of the crowding for the regular night shows although it was still packed. SRO.

On the Feb 28th sailing they offered a 12:15 performance on embarkation day for those that knew about it. We attended, thinking it would be something special & different, but it wasn't.

I suppose it relieved some of the crowding for the regular night shows although it was still packed. SRO.

The 12:15 show on Feb 28 was scheduled for the press and Carnival management types so they could view the show and then get off the ship.

We saw "The Secret Silk" on the "Royal" on 26 February, and both of us enjoyed it very much. After having to sit separately for another show a few days earlier when we arrived at the Princess Theatre 1/2 hour in advance, this time we arrived at 6:35 pm for the 7:45 (early) performance. The theatre doors were already open so we were able to choose and occupy seats right away. A copy of the informative program notes had already been placed on every seat. The Princess Theatre filled quickly after our arrival. The on-stage puppets, ranging from small to very large, were one of the highlights. (Prospective audience members unfamiliar with pangolins might want to look those up in advance!) The performance was on the order of 40 minutes in duration, and received a standing ovation from almost everyone in the theatre. We will attend again when we next have the opportunity.

J-D

The 12:15 show on Feb 28 was scheduled for the press and Carnival management types so they could view the show and then get off the ship.

It seems a thought they must have a had a group of people travelling with them (friends, family?). They reserved a whole lower section for them on the regular show night. (first show)