Don't buy NCL excursions

vince_g

Thank you everyone for your contribution here. It is a blessing that I pay my CC off every month, so no interest on NCL's mistake. I did speak with B of A and I am eligible to charge it back.

Good - definitely dispute it. I had a similar issue last year, and had to do the same thing. It was for the dinner show. I booked two and cancelled two - they only refunded me for one. Despite my emails and receipts, they never did issue the refund. I disputed it, and sent the CC company the receipts, and that was the end of it. Frustrating as it never should have gone that far, so I do understand your anger.

Next time, if there is a next time, just make a reservation (by phone) without paying for the excursion. Then if you still need to make corrections, contact the shore excursion desk while on the ship. Have done this many times.

Same goes for restaurants. I can't answer for any dinner shows, never done those.

When you make a reservation by phone, they will send you an email, detailing the reservations you just made, and then print it.

Not to sound like a broken record but I agree with all those who advise to call your credit card company.

Not idea who your accounts are with of course, but I have ALWAYS had fantastic luck with American Express, and use their card for all my travel.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Did you read post #25??

it would have been better to work the issue at the time of the first cancellation. Not months after the fact.

That being said, you are now faced with proving that you were not reimbursed for the cancelled excursions.

This is not a reason to “not buy NCL shore ex”. This is a lesson to take care of things in a timely manner,,, and no later than your cruise departure.

Well, I think the customer can say exactly the same "NCL must prove did the credits to the account" Customer can not prove something that does not exist.

NCL's excursion prices are very high. We also cruise Celebrity and have visited some of the same ports that we did on NCL and found the NCL excursion prices were always higher, sometimes as much as 50-60% higher.

Private tours generally work best.

Hi -

I am glad that steps were taken to get this resolved, I would have called and asked for the updated folio had I not recived the confirmation of cancellation notification pre-cruise. Hoepfully others reading this are learning the ropes.

As for not taking an excursion with NCL, (or even anohter cruise with NCL) I get that there is a bit of anger, but the cruiseline does offer some nice excurions that do offer certain protections for their guests, (and cruises that are pretty good times too).

Everyone has to take some responsibility for monitoring process in a time efficent manner...again, glad that this is working out after such a long, drawn out, wait and see what happens approach.

Thank you everyone for your contribution here. It is a blessing that I pay my CC off every month, so no interest on NCL's mistake. I did speak with B of A and I am eligible to charge it back.

Vince, hope it works out for you. I am glad you notified B of A. Let them worry about it.

As for booking with NCL, the only time we use them for excursions we wait until we get on the ship. This goes for all lines as a matter of fact. We usually like to book privately unless we have a large OBC or a great deal on excursions.

Just an update on this thread. My CC issuer wanted me to call NCL back a second time to see if this could be worked out. Did that this morning, and Guest Relations actually contacted the shore excursion department to have them pull all their records. I also emailed the lady a copy of the shore excursion confirmation which I still have in my email. Hopefully I won't have to call B of A back.

Yes very true about the oblivious.. the rep at Guest Relations was quite robotic IMO. She sent me a copy of my folio, and the cover letter in the email referenced my 9/24 voyage on Epic instead of my 12/12 voyage on Gem. Only problem is I did not sail Epic on 9/24. If they can't even get that right, it worries me about how they will handle this.

I am sure, like many companies, guest services are probably min or not more than min wage earners and yes, can be very robotic. I was a supervisor for a large and highly respected hotel chain prior to retirement. I was shocked at the attitude of many of the guest service reps. Not only did they give out wrong information they really didn't care and they were not min wage earners but certainly were not making a huge salary. A lot of them were young kids, just out of high school or moms working to sup the family income.

Just an update on this thread. My CC issuer wanted me to call NCL back a second time to see if this could be worked out. Did that this morning, and Guest Relations actually contacted the shore excursion department to have them pull all their records. I also emailed the lady a copy of the shore excursion confirmation which I still have in my email. Hopefully I won't have to call B of A back.

NCL called me back the next day. They found the credits and released them. For reasons unknown, they seem to have gotten "stuck". But instead of their auditing dept. dealing with it, the onus is on the customer.

Now if Guest Relations had listened to me on the first call, all the frustration could have been avoided. Oh well, I'm just happy to be getting my money back at long last.

I will not be booking any more NCL excursions, even if I have shore excursion credits. Not because my refunds got "stuck", but because I can get better excursions for less, through Viator or other 3rd party vendors.

Hope you don't miss the ship when your third part excursion vendor has a break down or something else that makes you late returning to the pier. ;p

I figure if I book early morning excursions of 4 hours or so, that will not happen.

I figure if I book early morning excursions of 4 hours or so, that will not happen.

I see the next complaint being "NCL would not let me off the ship first for my privately booked excursion and I missed my excursion and they would not refund me my lost payment".:o