RCCL new Diamond Lounge Policy?

seeyakids

What does any of these past few comments have to do with the "Diamond Lounge Policy"????

So yeah nothing in the previous 100+ pages of this thread had almost anything to do with new rules for the diamond lounge. This is just a place where a lot of the members of the forum are learning about another members crappy luck.

So, chilll...

JC

I would be freaked out if my grandsons were in the pool and make sure they were heavily supervised as they could climb off the edge and end up in the deck below.

Not like the security is not present, but truly jumping off the top of MBS Would take world class planning. The kids and there were lots at the pool were truly as safe as if they were in their beds at home. The pictures portray OMG the reality, is O, so that is how they do it.

JC

Not like the security is not present, but truly jumping off the top of MBS Would take world class planning. The kids and there were lots at the pool were truly as safe as if they were in their beds at home. The pictures portray OMG the reality, is O, so that is how they do it.

JC

Thanks -- good to hear especially as 6 year olds are not planners but impulsive.

Thanks -- good to hear especially as 6 year olds are not planners but impulsive.

The impulsive have no chance. I think that they would just be in a state of awe. It is a spectacular spot. Truly world class. It is an exhausting place to visit as it is near the equator it is hot as hades. Even at night it is oppressively hot. The grounds, the gardens by the bay, truly a dream destination for those who long for 95degree days, and 85 degree nights, and humidity. It was one of my favorite cities in Asia on our trip last year, but I would not want to live there.

JC

The impulsive have no chance. I think that they would just be in a state of awe. It is a spectacular spot. Truly world class. It is an exhausting place to visit as it is near the equator it is hot as hades. Even at night it is oppressively hot. The grounds, the gardens by the bay, truly a dream destination for those who long for 95degree days, and 85 degree nights, and humidity. It was one of my favorite cities in Asia on our trip last year, but I would not want to live there.

JC

Thanks for the information.

The hotel looks amazing as does Singapore but the reality of the heat and humidity is a big thing to factor in especially if like us you have never been to Singapore or that part of the world in general.

Graham

Crappy Radisson, vouchers provided, around $90, but food was bad as well. Plus we lost our comfort+ seats on the 8 hour leg from Tokyo to Singapore. Nothing but middle seats and none together. Will check again during long layover in Tokyo on sunday

Very sorry to hear your experiences so far.

Hopefully the rest of your vacation is fantastic and the airline suitably compensates you for your nightmare flight so far.

So yeah nothing in the previous 100+ pages of this thread had almost anything to do with new rules for the diamond lounge. This is just a place where a lot of the members of the forum are learning about another members crappy luck.

So, chilll...

JC

I agree,although the thread does periodically come back to the DL there has been a lot of very interesting and helpful information from loyalty members who use the DL chatting amongst ourselves and the total number of posts is testimony of the interest created.

Wow... super ouch.... ***.... So what was the problem, and are you crafting a letter to Delta to fly you back to Singapore in the next year to stay at the MBS for a week?
Not 100% sure, but the captain said we were using oil in one engine at an accelerated rate and did not have enough for the flight.

Happy that we landed vs ditching in the Pacific.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Forums mobile app

I agree,although the thread does periodically come back to the DL there has been a lot of very interesting and helpful information from loyalty members who use the DL chatting amongst ourselves and the total number of posts is testimony of the interest created.
You know, these past few days, this thread is kind of like being in the DL and swapping stories. [emoji6]

We are about half way to Diamond and I wonder if our next cruise will be with Royal or not.

The idea of access to the Diamond Lounge is something to which we aspire. We have been in the Diamond Lounge a couple of time when we were in Suites and it was a friendly place to be. I am not a big drinker but I do love a stiff drink before dinner and the G&Ts were first class!

I wonder if Royal have thought about the fact that cruiser like us are considering cruising with other firms as the carrot seems to be (increasingly) less juicey than it used to be... HKA x

Not sure but DL 295 he was on has a pretty funny pattern on approach to DTW - look it up on flightaware.

There's also some steep drops and incredible speeds - if you believe the flighaware data.

Good catch. WOW! Roughly 750-760mph at 28,000 feet. Speed of sound at that altitude IIRC is 690/700mph. I’m not believing that data.

Not 100% sure, but the captain said we were using oil in one engine at an accelerated rate and did not have enough for the flight.

Happy that we landed vs ditching in the Pacific.

Sounds scary. Just as well it was noticed before take off.

Guess I've just been lucky with flights. Never had anything happen like that.

Sent from my G8141 using Forums mobile app

Sounds scary. Just as well it was noticed before take off.

Guess I've just been lucky with flights. Never had anything happen like that.

Sent from my G8141 using Forums mobile app

Not before takeoff. We were 90 minutes out of Atlanta. Diverted to Detroit

That makes it more scary. Still better than freezing Scotland
and definitely better than the middle of the Pacific. Actually ATL - NRT Great Circle never gets very far from land but you can be a long way from an airport of much size. Other than Anchorage or Fairbanks pretty limited choices for landing a 777 in one piece, although I suppose military airports on Kamchatka (Russia) might let you in (if they don’t shoot you down). Anyway John & LaLa are safely beyond that point. Bon Voysge.

Crappy Radisson, vouchers provided, around $90, but food was bad as well. Plus we lost our comfort+ seats on the 8 hour leg from Tokyo to Singapore. Nothing but middle seats and none together. Will check again during long layover in Tokyo on sunday

OMG John...that's awful! I hope your flight today will improve. Yuck...dreaded middle seats..especially for that long leg! :eek:

Does this leave you enough time to comfortably make the ship on time?

I would be freaked out if my grandsons were in the pool and make sure they were heavily supervised as they could climb off the edge and end up in the deck below.

Very dramatic though...at least there is that buffer area involved. Boys may need to be wearing a leash. ;p

We are about half way to Diamond and I wonder if our next cruise will be with Royal or not.

The idea of access to the Diamond Lounge is something to which we aspire. We have been in the Diamond Lounge a couple of time when we were in Suites and it was a friendly place to be. I am not a big drinker but I do love a stiff drink before dinner and the G&Ts were first class!

I wonder if Royal have thought about the fact that cruiser like us are considering cruising with other firms as the carrot seems to be (increasingly) less juicey than it used to be... HKA x

I am guessing that since you have not attained Diamond level, you may be talking about the Concierge Lounge (or Suites Lounge) for suites guests? Not the Diamond Lounge for those that have made it to that level?

Since they are now combining the D+ with the D Lounge, what's the incentive to make D+ -- basically a free bag of laundry??? :rolleyes:

A little plus sign next to your D. ;p:')

Yeah, feel the same way. This is actually starting to push me more towards the smaller ships (which I prefer anyway) that still have CL/DL to have status quo.

Wish we had a smaller ship option that does 7 or more nights out of PC.